Video: Foreigner gets criticism as he shouts at the scene of an accident

webfact

Video: Foreigner gets criticism as he shouts at the scene of an accident

10.jpg

video screenshot

A video in the aftermath of an apparent accident was getting a lot of comment and shares on Facebook.

Posted on the page of Chittiphat Suriya (is at Chang Club) the post contained negative comments about foreigners who are "disgraceful" and just "wannabes for the Patong mafia". 

10pm.jpg

video screenshot

Thaivisa was unable to confirm what had happened though it appeared to be in Kathu, Phuket following a road traffic accident involving a motorcycle. 

Comments on the site were very negative about foreigners with some claiming that in such situations foreigners get off almost scot-free while Thais are unfairly treated and become social media and societal pariahs.

Wisarut Yoopensuk got more than 100 likes for saying that Thais who hurt tourists are blamed for damaging tourism and hauled over the coals while foreigners who attack Thais are treated kindly by comparison. 

Kanyapak Aunaun Sakari launched a scathing attack on French people for some unspecified reason. She described the foreign man in the video as "trash" and his Thai wife as a fool. 

More about what happened in this incident as we hear of it. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-18

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Of course a Thai person would never lose their temper after a similar incident. All those videos of Thais engaged in road rage altercations must be fake.

Thailand has very little road rage. I think that is half the reason why some drive and ride not so well. There is no fear of getting abused, copping the finger or a wheel brace like in the “civilized”countries.

i was in a taxi once, doing about 160kmh on a motorway. This idiot swerved in front of us. We skidded and ended up facing the other way. After recovering a few minutes later we had caught up to the idiot, and I thought to myself, this will be good, the taxi driver will give it to him now.

To my amazement the taxi driver didn’t even look at the idiot when we were passing. Nothing.

They are very calm a lot of these Thais. beautiful people.

2 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Thailand has very little road rage. I think that is half the reason why some drive and ride not so well. There is no fear of getting abused, copping the finger or a wheel brace like in the “civilized”countries.

i was in a taxi once, doing about 160kmh on a motorway. This idiot swerved in front of us. We skidded and ended up facing the other way. After recovering a few minutes later we had caught up to the idiot, and I thought to myself, this will be good, the taxi driver will give it to him now.

To my amazement the taxi driver didn’t even look at the idiot when we were passing. Nothing.

They are very calm a lot of these Thais. beautiful people.

Agreed. The four times I've been road raged here have been non-thais. The other day I was driving and pulled out to pass a car (three lane highway) and some ute with a 65 year old white guy driving that was doing about 150kmh, (I was doing 110) came roaring up behind me flashing his lights and tailgating me, even after I had changed back out of his lane while gesticulating like a mad man. 

He followed me into the 7/11 carpark and blocked my car in the park in a couple of km later. I drive a pretty Thai-standard car and the windows were tinted, so he fair shat himself when I got out of the car to do my shopping and asked him what his problem was - I'm a big guy, way younger than him in okay shape, but wasnt aggressive to him at all and all he could utter was "sorry, I thought you were thai". Absolute coward willing to be a hard man to a thai but not a big farang. 

I've never been road raged by a thai in close to 4 years here, and I've made some dumb driving maneuvers in that time. 

4 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Agreed. The four times I've been road raged here have been non-thais. The other day I was driving and pulled out to pass a car (three lane highway) and some ute with a 65 year old white guy driving that was doing about 150kmh, (I was doing 110) came roaring up behind me flashing his lights and tailgating me, even after I had changed back out of his lane while gesticulating like a mad man. 

He followed me into the 7/11 carpark and blocked my car in the park in a couple of km later. I drive a pretty Thai-standard car and the windows were tinted, so he fair shat himself when I got out of the car to do my shopping and asked him what his problem was - I'm a big guy, way younger than him in okay shape, but wasnt aggressive to him at all and all he could utter was "sorry, I thought you were thai". Absolute coward willing to be a hard man to a thai but not a big farang. 

I've never been road raged by a thai in close to 4 years here, and I've made some dumb driving maneuvers in that time. 

Yeah the Thais are cool.

It might have been this bloke who road raged you. Got his right whack. A right handed whack in the head.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/11055/thaivisa-exclusive-attempted-murder-as-australian-man-punched-by-thai-in-school-says-he-is-really-british

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Seemed a bit tame to me, no screaming or fist waving.

Yes I can't see what the big fuss is all about...in the video he seems to be shouting  "lot by noi"

so maybe asking for the money for damages to be reduced...then he admits its his fault then lots of "no problems"     I really don't know what the problem is ????????

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Kanyapak Aunaun Sakari launched a scathing attack on French people for some unspecified reason. She described the foreign man in the video as "trash" and his Thai wife as a fool. 

Reporter obviously does not live in Patong or would not be "some unspecified reason." All these French (mainly French Arab/North African") idiots drive their big bikes in a manner that makes worst Thai drivers look like careful, considerate and cautious drivers. 

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

There will be a few disappointed posters here, after finding out he wasn't one of us Brits ! ????

The apologists should soon be telling us about their home countries and how they are worse.  This is rather revealing of how foreigners are being viewed....

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Of course a Thai person would never lose their temper after a similar incident. All those videos of Thais engaged in road rage altercations must be fake.

Wasn't there a video of an almost-retired Thai police woman, whose hobby is driving over the security guards while shouting at them.

Archived