Video: Foreigner gets criticism as he shouts at the scene of an accident

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Of course a Thai person would never lose their temper after a similar incident. All those videos of Thais engaged in road rage altercations must be fake.

They don't just fight it out in the streets either... some take it all the way to the hospital to finish it off!

I had a very similar incident when a Thai guy reversed into my car in a Car Park.

The guy just reversed into my car, and  was going to drive off. Fortunately, I was sat in the car, and got out and started having a right verbal with this P@#^k

Anyhow, after a couple of minutes this Noi gets out of the passenger seat of their car, still shovelling some food into her fat face and says" You Mister, why you not speak nice in our Country, this our Country, not for you "

Well all could think to say to that was to ( Politely as Possible ) tell them to F@#k off, as their car had a lot of damage, and mine had very little .

Amazing Thailand

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I had a very similar incident when a Thai guy reversed into my car in a Car Park.

The guy just reversed into my car, and  was going to drive off. Fortunately, I was sat in the car, and got out and started having a right verbal with this P@#^k

Anyhow, after a couple of minutes this Noi gets out of the passenger seat of their car, still shovelling some food into her fat face and says" You Mister, why you not speak nice in our Country, this our Country, not for you "

Well all could think to say to that was to ( Politely as Possible ) tell them to F@#k off, as their car had a lot of damage, and mine had very little .

Amazing Thailand

yeah they don't like farang too much unless have big open wallet then maybe for a little bit lol

38 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Another foreigner who shouldn't be living in Thailand, too many of them around.

This is extremely sad if it is the best the Thai outrage crew can manage to post up. The two songtaeow drivers yelling at each other at Big C Superstore this morning were far more threatening than this guy. and I had to walk around them.  ????

39 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:
41 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Wasn't there a video of an almost-retired Thai police woman, whose hobby is driving over the security guards while shouting at them.

Sssshh!

They are in full swing tonight...

:biggrin::biggrin:

We can only hope our Outraged Netizen Brigade can find more and better OUTRAGES to get OUTRAGED about. Our hopes and prayers go out to you in these dark & desperate days.

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

There will be a few disappointed posters here, after finding out he wasn't one of us Brits ! ????

What a stupid comment , possibly a Brit who said that . Shouting after anything here, solves nothing here.

There are some really people posting on here today, must be the fact that they may be sober 

6 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Thailand has very little road rage. I think that is half the reason why some drive and ride not so well. There is no fear of getting abused, copping the finger or a wheel brace like in the “civilized”countries.

i was in a taxi once, doing about 160kmh on a motorway. This idiot swerved in front of us. We skidded and ended up facing the other way. After recovering a few minutes later we had caught up to the idiot, and I thought to myself, this will be good, the taxi driver will give it to him now.

To my amazement the taxi driver didn’t even look at the idiot when we were passing. Nothing.

They are very calm a lot of these Thais. beautiful people.

They are more afraid of being beaten unconscious or killed if they react....

Thais don’t respond b/c they don’t have standards in place to hold each other accountable for right and wrong behaviors.....

mai bpen rai really hurts b/c w/o standards in place and accountabilities nothing really improves as the same mistakes keep happening over and over again

Imagine that   Foreigner dares to open his mouth????.

it is totally acceptable for s Thai to go off their dial , in double digits especially when they are in the wrong but should a foreigner open his mouth that creates an outrage.

the silly girl with 100 likes , would love to see her examples of when foreigners were given preferential treatment over a Thai when foreigner was in the wrong .

of course in her little unused brain, foreigner should always wear the blame no matter who was at fault .

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Thailand has very little road rage. I think that is half the reason why some drive and ride not so well. There is no fear of getting abused, copping the finger or a wheel brace like in the “civilized”countries.

i was in a taxi once, doing about 160kmh on a motorway. This idiot swerved in front of us. We skidded and ended up facing the other way. After recovering a few minutes later we had caught up to the idiot, and I thought to myself, this will be good, the taxi driver will give it to him now.

To my amazement the taxi driver didn’t even look at the idiot when we were passing. Nothing.

They are very calm a lot of these Thais. beautiful people.

you must be new here? or are you living under a rock? weird if thailand has very little road rage, every week i see some people shot/stabbed, brutaly beaten in road rages, must be from another country the incidents happen, but you seem to know what happens in thailand

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Someone hasn't been in country very long.  :dry:

Funny, the article talks about some Thai lady hating the French. I was talking to an Isaan taxi driver (decent English) who said that Isaan people dont like the French because of the way they drew the Lao border......

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Funny, the article talks about some Thai lady hating the French. I was talking to an Isaan taxi driver (decent English) who said that Isaan people dont like the French because of the way they drew the Lao border......

I remember the case of a French waiter, working in Australia, being sacked for being rude and arrogant.

When asked, he said: " i'm not arrogant, i'm French."

'nuff said.

My guess is that guy might not have passed a breathalyzer test. Definitely verbally overreacted especially considering someone's lying injured on the ground.

I'm taking the reported negative comments about foreigners with a grain of salt. Please note that I did not say "a big grain of salt." Whoever posted that on FB was probably involved in the accident or knew the Thai person involved in the accident so some of the comments bashing foreigners may have been made more out of a show of moral support than out of genuine xenophobia.

Studying the clip, it looks like the other vehicle ended up in the oncoming traffic lane and may have been traveling on the wrong side of the road in the direction of oncoming traffic when the accident occurred, which suggests that the fault for the accident may at least partially lie with the Thai party. If that's true, and the Thai party attempted to blame the French guy for the accident, his indignant reaction is much more understandable.

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Whoever posted that on FB was probably involved in the accident or knew the Thai person involved in the accident so some of the comments bashing foreigners may have been made more out of a show of moral support than out of genuine xenophobia.

I disagree with that analysis, entirely. That based on years, no, a decade of past "outrages" like this. The thai media searches for them and pushes them hard. Nothing about this is 'some person who knew the victim'. That is just a sad deflection, about a reality that is quite a serious issue if you plan on living here for a couple years or longer. Nuff said

Some people are quick to lose their cool, until they bump into the wrong guy. My advice is to keep cool, even if the other person has lost theirs. But always watch their hands just in case they are concealing a weapon. If you are in a car and they are going crazy, keep your door locked and drive to the nearest police station. Or tell them that you have called the cops. It's even better if your car has an onboard camera.

6 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

There are some really people posting on here today, must be the fact that they may be sober 

Well at least WE are. You're just missing the 'hic' on the end there. ????????

The Facebook page in the OP links to the Spotlightphuket Facebook page, run by Pee Jo, another Thai.
He gives a 31 minute live video rant about the incident swearing at the farang (who he calls Ai Pumpui) and vowing revenge and to take him down for knocking the Thai girl off her bike and acting so arrogantly.
Apparently Ai Pumpui has some sort of connection to the Patong farang police volunteers and always carries a gun in his bag. He also runs a a travel agency there.
They're planning to get the police involved to check his business and visa is all legit.
Pee Jo presents himself as some kind of powerful person there with connections and all the Thai comments seem to confirm he's some powerful figure in Patong.
Lots of comments from the Thais about it's now time to kick all the French out of Thailand.

5 hours ago, katana said:

The Facebook page in the OP links to the Spotlightphuket Facebook page, run by Pee Jo, another Thai.
He gives a 31 minute live video rant about the incident swearing at the farang (who he calls Ai Pumpui) and vowing revenge and to take him down for knocking the Thai girl off her bike and acting so arrogantly.
Apparently Ai Pumpui has some sort of connection to the Patong farang police volunteers and always carries a gun in his bag. He also runs a a travel agency there.
They're planning to get the police involved to check his business and visa is all legit.
Pee Jo presents himself as some kind of powerful person there with connections and all the Thai comments seem to confirm he's some powerful figure in Patong.
Lots of comments from the Thais about it's now time to kick all the French out of Thailand.

All pretty frightening N..i, reminiscent of Germany of the 1930's, kind of stuff. And and even worse is the uncensored anti French slur from many TV posters. Typical lower class British I'd expect.

Archived