Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 May 2019 05:37
Lichiyado

Jomtien retirement extension today. New bankbook procedure.

Recommended Posts

It think if is 3 months from the day you applied for the extension not 90 days.

All the posted dates I have seen are 3 months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make my 90 Days over IN.

And Dir show them to show my money who stays for years, I WILL NOT visit them again!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea on flexibility as to when you return to Immigration?  What happens if you are out of Thailand for a few weeks on the due date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It think if is 3 months from the day you applied for the extension not 90 days.

All the posted dates I have seen are 3 months.

The date I applied for the extension was today, 18 April. The date stamped on the form I received was to visit immigration on 16 July.  89 days.  Go figure.  Yes, commencing from the date of the extension, not the visa due date.

Edited by Lichiyado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OJAS said:

May not be necessary for you to make any withdrawal if your account is with Bangkok Bank. I once stuck my Bangkok Bank passbook into an updating machine, and this printed out a line confirming the existing balance coded "B/F".

 

Can't vouch for other banks, though.

Good tip.  I'll give it a try.  I bank with SCB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Any idea on flexibility as to when you return to Immigration?  What happens if you are out of Thailand for a few weeks on the due date?

I wish I could quote the post that I read on TV, that someone asked the same question to an immigration officer.  The officer said to report as soon as you return.  For clarification you might want to drop into your immigration office.  My report date falls on Thai holidays which will delay my report by 2 days.  I will likely go to immigration right after the holidays, but as my report date gets closer, just to be cautious, I might drop in and ask which they prefer...before or after the holidays.

Edited by Lichiyado
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somrak said:

I make my 90 Days over IN.

And Dir show them to show my money who stays for years, I WILL NOT visit them again!

Yes this is also my question, supposing some does not go in 90 days or 3 month's given date (for any reason , travelling or just not doing it ..) , but anyway having followed the rule not go under account as required and allowed , the whole year , proven by the next Ret. extension ….as you are in line with the money requirements …. what would be the consequences ? a fine like for late 90 day reporting , or similar ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, david555 said:
5 hours ago, Somrak said:

I make my 90 Days over IN.

And Dir show them to show my money who stays for years, I WILL NOT visit them again!

Yes this is also my question, supposing some does not go in 90 days or 3 month's given date (for any reason , travelling or just not doing it ..) , but anyway having followed the rule not go under account as required and allowed , the whole year , proven by the next Ret. extension ….as you are in line with the money requirements …. what would be the consequences ? a fine like for late 90 day reporting , or similar ?

Good question.  No idea what the consequences for not reporting would be.  I'm sure reporting in person will be burdensome for some, especially if you are not close to an immigration office and there is no way to report online.  No question about going below the required amount though...you risk losing your visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lichiyado said:

Good question.  No idea what the consequences for not reporting would be.  I'm sure reporting in person will be burdensome for some, especially if you are not close to an immigration office and there is no way to report online.  No question about going below the required amount though...you risk losing your visa.

That is why I said  , no visits but complied with the money requirements as stated by them , I think they even did not thought this thru..., as a 2000 baht fine would not scare some who must travel far for it  ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they say what would happen if your balance falls below 800k?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lichiyado said:

I deduce it might be a good idea to make a withdrawal that day, then do the bankbook update, so the last amount and date reflect the current date.  

Would it not show the date of "update" without making a withdrawell if you do it on your way to to the Immigration Office the next time.

  I ask this because I remember one time taking out money and immediately updating my book...it did not show the withdrawell...too soon for the transaction to show I presumed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lichiyado said:

Though I did not ask directly, according to the form they gave me, prior seasoning of funds is now two months, rather than three.  I will double check when I do my bankbook visit.

That is indeed a new change we were notified about when the changes came into force. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...