British woman raped on Koh Phi Phi, Thai man arrested

webfact

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, brokenbone said:

nothing can be more off turning than trying to have sex with a woman that just aint horny, it will not matter in the slightest if she is sexy or not.

possibly why the aforementioned Irishman bogged off?

There is a common theme in all these it would appear. 

Thailand island holiday 

Young female 

Drinking

Falling asleep after drinking. 

Or passing out from drinking.

Some chancer tries it on for an unwanted freebie.

Cry of rape.  Again. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

she had been out drinking with an Irish man and fell asleep outside a restaurant on Loh Dalum beach

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Passed out drunk with my phone and wallet on the table in front of me doesn't warrant being robbed either.

But some places in the world you just need to be a bit more careful than you are in your living room.

............... if you want to avoid becoming a victim.

In this case I tend to agree with you, lucky in a way for her he wasn't a killer !

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

What's the difference between ordinary Thai women and Thai hookers? Hookers tend to have lots of flesh on show, or are wearing figure-hugging clothing, this advertises their availability.

Topless sunbathing is frowned upon in conservative Thailand, although the Thais are likely to look the other way when it's farang on holiday.

If you think that’s the only difference between traditional Thai women and Thai hookers then you must only hang out with hookers.

Oh the good old backpacker. 

Man I can't believe how many young farang women come her alone get smashed  then pass out. Get rides home from complete strangers. And Yep get assaulted raped or even killed 

This is a 3rd world country its lala land  and its dangerous. 

No one deserves  to be raped or assaulted that's criminal  but some of these young kids need to screw their  head on before they get on the plane read a book about thailand or do your research. It can save your life. 

When I was 20 leaving home for the first time to go abroad  my mum said to me be careful son  eyes open at all times  don't believe the bullshit and trust no one on your journey it can save your life 

Ps: Hope she is OK. 

3 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

Where did the Irishman go. Nice of him to leave her passed out in public, rather than make sure she is safe.

Maybe he passed out too as they both seemed to be drinking quite a lot ??? I dont think any man, Irish or otherwise would leave a young lady passed out in the street . 

Krabi man arrested over tourist rape attempt claim

By The Nation

674aa29b27b9c0ac0ec68dc116eceb33.jpeg

A boat worker has been arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a British tourist on Koh Phi Phi, a police spokesman said on Thursday.

Spokesman Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said Trairat Changsanan, 23, a helper on a passenger boat, was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly attempting to rape a 21-year-old British tourist in her sleep early Monday morning.

Krissana said the tourist arrived on Koh Phi Phi alone on April 12 and stayed at a hotel on Haad To Ladam Beach.

She went out to drink at 9pm on Sunday night and returned to her hotel. While she was asleep at about 3am on Monday, the suspect allegedly sneaked into her hotel room and used a cutter to remove her denim shorts and tried to take off her underwear but she woke up.

The suspected reportedly asked her to have sex with him but the tourist screamed and the suspect fled. The tourist filed a complaint with the police.

Krissana said the police checked security cameras and identified Trairat and made the arrest.

Police Commissioner General Chakthip Chaijinda said he has instructed Krabi police and other agencies to provide mental rehabilitation for the tourist.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367895

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-18

4 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

Where did the Irishman go. Nice of him to leave her passed out in public, rather than make sure she is safe.

The Irishman was passed out next to her.  Both slept through the rape.   Edit: alleged rape, story posted above says that she woke up 

The 21-year-old woman had travelled alone and was drinking with a male friend, from Ireland, on Koh Phi Phi off the coast of Krabi in southern Thailand on April 14.

Having taken part in mass water fights, they returned home in the early hours of the morning on April 15 but could not make it back to their hostel and slumped on the ground outside a restaurant. 

At around 3am, local deck hand Trairat Changsanan walked by and allegedly used scissors to cut off the drunk woman's denim shorts. 

He said he then pulled away here underwear and raped her. 

The tourist told police she woke up the next morning fearing she had been raped and contacted police who checked CCTV to trace the alleged attacker. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6935257/British-backpacker-21-raped-passing-drunk-Thai-holiday-island.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

What's the difference between ordinary Thai women and Thai hookers? Hookers tend to have lots of flesh on show, or are wearing figure-hugging clothing, this advertises their availability.

Topless sunbathing is frowned upon in conservative Thailand, although the Thais are likely to look the other way when it's farang on holiday.

Let’s hope you’re not around in a similar circumstance 

4 hours ago, lazeeboy said:

Passed out drunk dressed provocative regardless doesn't warrant being raped 

it was not (yet) proved she was raped..... could it be / maybe consensual passed out drunk sex

33 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

She went out to drink at 9pm on Sunday night and returned to her hotel. While she was asleep at about 3am on Monday, the suspect allegedly sneaked into her hotel room and used a cutter to remove her denim shorts and tried to take off her underwear but she woke up.

The suspected reportedly asked her to have sex with him but the tourist screamed and the suspect fled. The tourist filed a complaint with the police.

so no sex and no rape, she wake up and said no the suspect fled the scene, charges should be for something else but not for rape

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

= passed out drunk.

Not really the safest way for a woman to act in a third world country.

I dont want to blame her ..victim blaiming is no good....but u need to use ur brains if u move to such a place like thailand where your attention has to go up 500 percent in order just to survive...and what she is doing getting drunk and making herself helpless out in public...I think a typical for the brainless farangs here....easy can be raped robbed kidnapped and loose a kidney runnover by a car etc etc...many more options in LOS

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I was vacationing in Pattaya with a young American woman who would sun topless by the pool at our small, hillside hotel. There were tall hedges separating the pool from the soi, and you would see the heads of leaping Thai men popping up over the hedges like Whack-A-Moles. That didn't discourage two Australian girls from joining in the "free beach" atmosphere. I think someone from the tall hotel across the way tipped off the workers. No police. No outrage. Civilization did not crumble.

5 hours ago, lazeeboy said:

Passed out drunk dressed provocative regardless doesn't warrant being raped 

Right, that's why there are laws against it.  Who excused the perpetrator?? That being said not protecting yourself can live to a life long therapy session.  The phrase "be careful" didn't come about by accident.  Lot's of people die acting stupidly and we don't forgive them, no other self inflicted victimization deserves better. The world is a dangerous place and the only animal alive that does not recognize that is humans.

her friend or drinking buddy left her to sleep on the street.what did she drink to be that wasted on that night.sangsom maybe.he should have made sure she was in the room sleeping.not her fault  what happened but she should have being more careful like anyone else anywhere in the world who do this thing

1 hour ago, Letseng said:
5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not really the safest way for a woman to act in a third world country.

Or in any country.

Have they released the results of the blood test to see if she was drugged? 

If not, the rush to judgement is pretty profound. 

BTW, the revised, updated coverage paints a very different picture of what happened than the OP.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367895

25 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

I was vacationing in Pattaya with a young American woman who would sun topless by the pool at our small, hillside hotel. There were tall hedges separating the pool from the soi, and you would see the heads of leaping Thai men popping up over the hedges like Whack-A-Moles. That didn't discourage two Australian girls from joining in the "free beach" atmosphere. I think someone from the tall hotel across the way tipped off the workers. No police. No outrage. Civilization did not crumble.

They were paid by the hotel to save money on hedge trimming.  The hedges got trimmed later that week to just below eye level.  And at no cost to the establishment.

5 hours ago, findlay13 said:

thought a Cambodian or Lao would have been found guilty they are responsible for all the crimes in Thailand aren't they?

Whats the point with a comment like that ?   I read about Thai rapists and murderes in the local news every week. Last week it was a murderer who killed a German girl in Chonburi . 

This nonsense about scapegoats are not working anymore. 

Archived