British woman raped on Koh Phi Phi, Thai man arrested

webfact

47 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

If a woman passes out drunk in Paris after midnight, the same thing would happen. Don't put race into everything. You are probably very old. Go well. 

It'd still be 3rd world people doing it, even in Paris or Germany.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It'd still be 3rd world people doing it, even in Paris or Germany.

Of course euros and westerners never rape of take advantage of inebriated persons.

What about date rape?? Invented by westerners (IMO)

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:45 PM, BritManToo said:

= passed out drunk.

Not really the safest way for a woman to act in a third world country.

No Excuse for Rape.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:00 AM, hansnl said:

Oh, come on!

OK, let me further qualify what I said. It CAN invite it, NOT always, but in the wrong place, and with the wrong kind of man as the aggressor.

I've heard this debate many times over the years in the UK.

In no way do I condone rape, or in any way think that women should not be allowed to dress exactly as they please. As I said in another post, sometimes when a lady is wearing a very skimpy bikini, they can wrap a sarong around themselves when they go walking around after sunbathing. Many women do this anyway, I've seen many do so.

As is stated on the British Foreign Office advice, it's best to "dress down", whether that means not flaunting wealth, or a body & beauty to die for!

I worked in Saudi Arabia for quite some time, during Ramadan it is not advisable to walk around showing flesh (shorts T-shirts etc), this means men, as well as women. Cultural-sensitivity.

21 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it was not (yet) proved she was raped..... could it be / maybe consensual passed out drunk sex

Sorry, there is no such thing. If the woman is passed out drunk then she is not awake/conscious to give consent. 

4 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

If a woman passes out drunk in Paris after midnight, the same thing would happen. Don't put race into everything. You are probably very old. Go well. 

Yes - and unfortunately this happen frequently all over the world where youngsters drink them selves unconscious - who haven't heard about all the similar stories from the popular party spot Ibiza or Malia where the target is to get as drunk as possible from shots, buckets and to not forget party drugs - year by year the same happen, but of course as they all seems to be thinking this never happen to me then it will continue ....

Keywords - drinking culture, education and precautions.

The majority of the youngsters who seek such extreme parties and /or holds such a drinking culture is at risk no matter where they are located, but do they deserve to be raped and/or killed for that reason?
Of course not, but as they put themselves into such vulnerable situations they are sadly contributing such things to happen .....

----------------------

Greece: Boozed up Brits go mental in Malia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcPLv3vW3k

On 4/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, Khun Paul said:

This is yet ANOTHER offence committed by a THAI .who according to Gen Prayut, do not do this kind of thing. Amazing a remark that is coming back to haunt HIM ALMOST MONTHLY 

Haunt who now?

I was reading some of the comments on Daily Mail the other day one guys is asking why they pixalate the photo not to show the handcuffs and why are they all pointing 555 obviously never been to Thailand

17 hours ago, bangkok12345 said:

Thailand is regarded as one of the safest country for single-traveling women, which doesn’t mean of course no crimes happen at all. If people would behave as they do in their home countries less crimes against foreigners would happen...

Maybe the problem is that westerners DO behave as they would in their very liberal home countries, when they are in cultures that are as foreign and exotic as it's possible to be. Whether we like it or not, this can have very different ramifications according to our gender.

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Maybe the problem is that westerners DO behave as they would in their very liberal home countries, when they are in cultures that are as foreign and exotic as it's possible to be. Whether we like it or not, this can have very different ramifications according to our gender.

The statistics tells another story ...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Rape-rate

On 4/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, BritManToo said:

Not really the safest way for a woman to act in a third world country.

Ehemm .. developing country ????????!!

46 minutes ago, yopf said:

Ehemm .. developing country ????????!!

I always go with the original definition of 3rd world, not NATO, not Soviet Block.

And to add to that I would suggest Thailand is not developing, but in fact becoming more primitive.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, John Sutherland said:

Where did the Irishman go. Nice of him to leave her passed out in public, rather than make sure she is safe.

He probably banged her before she fell asleep and went back to the bar

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always go with the original definition of 3rd world, not NATO, not Soviet Block.

And to add to that I would suggest Thailand is not developing, but in fact becoming more primitive.

Apparently the reason that such countries are called emerging-economies is because one is highly unlikely to emerge from them with one's money intact!????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, Andrew65 said:

In no way do I condone rape, or in any way think that women should not be allowed to dress exactly as they please. As I said in another post, sometimes when a lady is wearing a very skimpy bikini, they can wrap a sarong around themselves when they go walking around after sunbathing. Many women do this anyway, I've seen many do so.

As is stated on the British Foreign Office advice, it's best to "dress down", whether that means not flaunting wealth, or a body & beauty to die for!

Sometimes it doesn't depend on clothing. It depends on culture and upbringing...

Archived