Bangkok boils as mercury soars in 35 provinces

webfact

Bangkok boils as mercury soars in 35 provinces

By The Nation

e66507c9a972b3e05ada0851c90da4de.jpeg

The mercury rose to 40 degrees Celsius in Bangkok on Thursday while 35 provinces in upper Thailand also experienced hot to very hot spells amid risk of brewing summer storms.

The Thai Meteorological Department warned residents to avoid outdoor activities and beware of gusty winds by staying away from big trees, unsecured buildings, and billboards. 

The department pointed to the hot low pressure cell covering upper Thailand and the southerly and southeasterly winds prevailing over the North, the Northeast, the Central, the East, and the South regions throughout this week. 

It said the upper regions would suffer hot to very hot weather. Greater Bangkok saw temperatures in the range of 37-40 degrees Celsius, the North was at 39-43, the Northeast at 37-41, the Central at 37-42 and the East at 34-39. Outbreaks of thundershowers with gusty winds were forecast for the lower North, the Northeast, the Central and the East. In the South, where the maximum temperature is 33-37 degrees Celsius, there will likely be isolated thundershowers, the department added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367888

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-18

Landed back here in uk yesterday 18c and today and a crazy 19c today..I just sat in the garden all day yesterday and recovered from the heat shock I was suffering from being in udon.

i can't take heat very well and couldn't wait to get back here.

mind you getting charged 115b for a cup of crap tea in a paper cup at the train station makes me think twice.

landed last week in UK it was 4 degrees and sunny , a bit cold but a great relief from sweaty Thailand 

Dont know about tea, but decent drinkable Beers 2.60 a pint here

Landed back here in uk yesterday 18c and today and a crazy 19c today..I just sat in the garden all day yesterday and recovered from the heat shock I was suffering from being in udon.
mind you getting charged 115b for a cup of crap tea in a paper cup at the train station makes me think twice.
Don't buy tea at train stations wait till you get back home for a "proper brew"

19 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Off-topic I know, but the price of a cup of tea must be the biggest rip-off on the planet. A tea bag probably costs less than 1p. I've seriously considered setting up a tea-room business.

12 hours ago, rott said:

Is there anywhere in S E Asia that stays relatively cool. Temp in Singapore is usually nicely below here, but anywhere else?

Don't fancy this again next year.

Last week the temp in Hong Kong mostly in the lower 20s, but raining most of the time.

"Mad dogs and Englishmen....". My other home is in Arizona which can get a bit toasty, but as has been famously observed it is usually a dry, desert heat, which is much more bearable than the current Thai sauna.

Probably be less uncomfortable to me if not awate that, yes, "farang stinks". ????

23 hours ago, happy chappie said:

And how much would you be charged for a cup of crap tea in a paper cup at a UK station?

17 hours ago, rott said:

Is there anywhere in S E Asia that stays relatively cool. Temp in Singapore is usually nicely below here, but anywhere else?

Don't fancy this again next year.

Dalat is 80-90 mins flight away from BKK. April/May is rainy season but overall the weather is still ok.

Archived