King cobra female caught in Patong, 30 eggs missing from nest

webfact

King cobra female caught in Patong, 30 eggs missing from nest

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1555573210_1-org.jpg

The female king cobra was easily caught, but her male partner is still missing as are her 30 baby king cobra eggs. Photos: Patong Municipality Fire Dept

PHUKET: Patong firefighters are concerned that a male king cobra remains at large in a residential area at the northern end of the busy tourism town after catching a female king cobra in Kalim this morning (Apr 18).

While catching the snake, the firefighters were told that a nest of 30 snake eggs had already been removed from under the house where the female was caught.

The whereabouts of those 30 king cobra eggs is now unknown.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/king-cobra-female-caught-in-patong-30-eggs-missing-from-nest-71132.php#mUEo9aGsSzItIsqU.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-18

22 hours ago, webfact said:

While catching the snake, the firefighters were told that a nest of 30 snake eggs had already been removed from under the house where the female was caught.

Kài jieow nguu haa.  Delicious!  :whistling:

“Meanwhile, Piyawat Sukon, Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre in Thalang, told The Phuket News that he will not investigate where the king cobra eggs disappeared to.

“I understand if local residents find snake eggs around their homes, that they will be afraid and are likely to have destroyed them.

But I will not go to check about the eggs because there is a lot of people in that community and I do not want to have problems with the local residents. I don’t want to use the law against local residents because I know everyone is afraid of finding snake or king cobras around their homes,” he said.

Regardless, Mr Piyawat confirmed that the king cobra is a protected wild animal in Thailand.“

Thai logic...????????‍♂️????

Had some cobra eggs hatch in my yard a number of years ago.  Lost one dog to a bite, and I saw another of the dogs get bit, so I rushed him to the vet for anti venom and he survived.  

You really don't want young cobras hanging out in your yard getting hounded by hounds.

15 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Had some cobra eggs hatch in my yard a number of years ago.  Lost one dog to a bite, and I saw another of the dogs get bit, so I rushed him to the vet for anti venom and he survived.  

You really don't want young cobras hanging out in your yard getting hounded by hounds.

We lost a dog to a cobra on the farm.

I have seen the snake twice. First time I was on a ladder and the second time I was up a water tower. That time it stopped alongside a PVC pipe so I was able to judge the size accurately. I slowly made my way down to ground level to catch it, but it must have sensed me and slithered off to the mango farm.

We have a very small dog and two days ago he wouldn't stop barking, my wife went out to see what he was barking at, she saw nothing, he carried on barking so I was sent out to look. He was barking at my tool cabinet or there-abouts, I have a 3ft spirit level so started to poke around thinking he might be barking at a lizard or something. There is a gap between my cabinet and my workbench and I noticed parts of the body of a rather wide girthed snake, I got my spirit level and crushed it against the wall, at which time he stuck his head out from behind the cabinet and inflated its hood, a very big cobra, I thought better leave toute suite.

We called the local tessabaan and they sent two young lads down with poles with a noose attached, they moved various objects to give themselves better access, shone torches etc, then came running out as the snake decided to do a runner, it slid down into our drainage system, they got back into their vehicle and left with me thinking, well that was a waste of time.

Will a cobra return if it has been traumatised to the same place?

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Will a cobra return if it has been traumatised to the same place?

Revenge of the cobra. Hope you didn't try to do bad things to it Vogie. Wouldn't want to lose you from the forum.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I tried to squash it and said 3 arte et marte.

Dear, dear, dear. Sorry to hear that.

But why didn't you just grab it? Either by the back of the head or the tail.

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Dear, dear, dear. Sorry to hear that.

But why didn't you just grab it? Either by the back of the head or the tail.

He stated it was behind his behind his tools.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Sometimes they can be lured out by a cup of water. They feel the heat too. Get thirsty.

If I had thought, I'd would have tried a glass of cider and lager (snakebite), but at the time its welfare was the last thing on my mind.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

If I had thought, I'd would have tried a glass of cider and lager (snakebite), but at the time its welfare was the last thing on my mind.

Ok Vogie. Humour! I like it, but watch out tonight. Cobras not only have long bodies, but long memories.

Make sure you know where the anti-venom shop is.

I caught a snake 2.4 metres long a couple of years back.

thumbnail_big-one.jpg.4ed79eb6a54f4f79f98877a78fa861dd.jpg

Not a cobra, but moved fast across the field. I had to run flat out to keep up with it. It turned and reared up. I feinted to go to the left but went to the right. Grabbed its tail and guided it to the house.

Archived