Bangkok worker electrocuted while changing sign

webfact

Bangkok worker electrocuted while changing sign

By The Nation

64f61cfde4a4263bb3c7cb9ff6394a25.jpeg

A worker was electrocuted while he was changing a neon sign on a building in Bangkok’s Klong Toey district on Thursday, police said.

Kriangkrai Praithuan, 24, from Nakhon Phanom, died at noon near Rama IV road.

He suffered from electrical burns on his face, arms and legs and fell from the sign on a three-storey building to the pavement below.

Another worker, Natthanon Siraprapharat, 20, told police that while Kriangkrai was changing the sign, there was an explosion and he fell.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367893

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-18

oh dear .... poor boy  !  he should have checked everything was safe before starting his job.

At 24 yrs old, he is at his best and sadly one error of poor judgement can take it away.

RIP. Kriangkrai Praithuan. May you be missed but never forgotten.

Some of the most highly skilled, well trained and safest electrical tradesman reside in Thailand full time. Why not harness the skills available and improve electricals systems in this country to world class standards. Oh wait, can’t take a job a away from an (untrained, non skilled) Thai person now can we? 

I don’t even want their job, I just want to train them 

I wonder if it's  I cannot see it (electricity),therefore it cannot harm me.

At fairs other public events,you can see wires on the ground, the joints

insulated with plastic bags,even in the rainy season,i have seen too many

workers with drills ,other power tools with the bare wires just pushed into

the extension sockets

regards Worgeordie

poor training and as good as non-existent safety,..........one out of many deaths that could be avoided here. Sad, but nothing to see move on, the same thing will happen in another province next week, next month......

I am a former Osha instructor from the U.S. I don't have a snowballs chance of getting a job aound here,although it seems clear that some sort of basic safety measures should be introduced.Just my humble opinion

if you do electric work.... you should be fairly read up on that subject. and redo that from time to time, not just for work but for fun as well..... and not just rely on being told what to do or not to do, verbally.  it sure is important for software developers, which I was.... reading manuals and books and journals are essential to success in that field for sure... why wouldn’t it apply to.....well, everything else?

why would someone even mention this??? because.....

Thai culture has the commonly shared narratives that ‘not reading books and journals is [merely] a different way of thinking’... ‘book learning is not as good as listening to a teacher or playing with picture books or ‘smartphones’ and jokes such as ‘they all must have read the same book’ [translated into English].

that’s my first and last thought on all of this kind of thing, which we see everyday in ‘real life’ as well as blogs and the so-called “news”.

2 hours ago, brenton said:

I am a former Osha instructor from the U.S. I don't have a snowballs chance of getting a job aound here,although it seems clear that some sort of basic safety measures should be introduced.Just my humble opinion

It exists already.....in the form of  huge signs  stating "Safety First".

How basic can you  get?

Couple of years back a telephone tech up a pole on a harness working inside a spaghetti of  cables somehow  came in contact  with unshielded electricity. Loud  bang, puff of smoke and him dangling upside down unconcious. After about 15  mins  while a crowd  gathered and debated what could be done he came to. How he had the  strength I  have no idea  but he actually managed to get himself upright  and cling to the pole. 1 hour later a  cherry picker  came and he was eventually extracted. Lucky  man!

Despite that he was presumably doing things  right as far as his task was concerned so much of the infrastructure in Thailand is full of  unknown hazard.

The  aerial spaghetti wiring dangling everywhere is more than just  ugly...it  kills many each year.

This reminds me what happened to one of my local outlaws about 20 years ago. He was lethally electrocuted while working on an air conditioner compressor on a roof. Probably a metal roof. It was raining at the time. Doubtless he was working in the rain as some sort of graynjai to his boss to avoid (ignorant) customer complaint.

7 hours ago, Mexlark said:

This reminds me what happened to one of my local outlaws about 20 years ago. He was lethally electrocuted while working on an air conditioner compressor on a roof. Probably a metal roof. It was raining at the time. Doubtless he was working in the rain as some sort of graynjai to his boss to avoid (ignorant) customer complaint.

There hasnt been any rain lately so I think we can rule out that

Archived