From the US Embassy website Today April 18th

hereforgood

3 minutes ago, mosan said:

If one is using the current Social Security setup, a Foreign Currency Account is required for such transactions. 

A non card/internet access baht account is what Bangkok Bank requires for current SS payments using New York office from my understanding - but admit I do not receive SS myself.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, mosan said:

If one is using the current Social Security setup, a Foreign Currency Account is required for such transactions. 

That is not required for the current direct deposits to Bangkok Bank via New York or the new International Direct Deposits (IDD) to Thai banks.

When they first announced IDD being available they stated they had be going to dollar account but changed it to Thai baht accounts. The transfers are done in baht.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not required for the current direct deposits to Bangkok Bank via New York or the new International Direct Deposits (IDD) to Thai banks.

When they first announced IDD being available they stated they had be going to dollar account but changed it to Thai baht accounts. The transfers are done in baht.

Agreed, but the poster I was replying to was saying his bank could not send dollars to a Thai account. I was pointing out to him that you could send dollars and the requirement I listed was the "old" format of sending Social Security to a FCD account...

1 hour ago, streetlite said:

how do confirm the format with BKK?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

An easy way is to send an email to the New York branch and ask them to confirm your transfers are in IAT format. Include your name, account number, the date of your most recent transfer and the amount. Email to: [email protected]

Or call the HQ Bangkok Bank at the 02-xxxxxxx numbers below....English speaking reps.

image.png.18130285bc794ca43d31cb5a3c5386b1.png

56 minutes ago, mosan said:

A Foreign Currency Account is "not" required to receive your Social Security payment.....like my family member and even my Direct Deposit account....Thai baht accounts.  I would say the great, great, majority of folks have their SS, military retirement, VA, OPM payments go to their Bangkok Bank special Direct Deposit account which are Thai baht accounts.  

But you can setup a Bangkok Bank special Direct Deposit US Dollar Foreign Currency Account if desired for govt payments made via ACH.  However, you will not be able to do this for Social Security "IDD", repeat IDD as that can only be a Thai baht account.  For a brief while the initial SS IDD instructions said a US dollar Foreign Currency Account must be used but they changed that to a Thai baht only account about a month later....that change occurred around Jan 19.  

Can't speak to the VA and OPM IDD rules as to if a US dollar foreign currency account is allowed for payments to Thai banks.  And just because a  US govt agency "generic" IDD form (i.e., non-country specific) may have a block asking if your account is a Local Currency or US Dollar account does not necessary mean that agency will make a US Dollar payment to that country.  However, the VA and OPM use the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City just as the SSA does to make the payments.  If, repeat, if it's really the Fed Kansas City bank setting the rules as to which currency will be paid when using IDD then I expect VA and OPM payments would have to be to Thai baht accounts also.   

Below is a reply to a question that I posed to the VA.   I haven't attempted to change my allotment via eBenefits yet.  Further, the below response seemed to suggest that I/you may have to send in the form if the routing number is not recognized by their system.  

Further, I just received an update policy letter from my USA bank (USAA).  It appears that they will now charge me for international cash advances on my debit card (due to new money laundering regulations, like new fees will inhibit those that do wash their money).  I have for years went in to my local Bangkok Bank and asked for X amount from my debit card be deposited into my local BB savings account.  It was simple, a swipe, pin entered and signed the 'receipt' along with a copy of my passport.  However, if they will now charge me for this I will change; I'm just a bit uneducated on which format the funds will come into Thailand, and if I have to open a new/'special' account.  ACH, IAT, IDD, XYZ has me asking, well...<deleted>....(my apologies in advance.....).  I just really enjoy MY money that I have earned and want to have access to it when and where ever I decide to hang my hat.

Additionally, on the local immigration side of this matter; I just submitted all the paperwork for my one yr marriage extension.  I had the 'last' embassy letter stating my income; however, the local (Jomtien) branch asked that I also provide a years worth of deposits (bank book copy and letter from the bank).....So off I go and get the BB letter.  The local IMO advised me that my deposits will not be 'accepted' next year as they do not prove that they arrived from an international source, (my monthly deposits are coded as "DEP" in my bank book).  I attempted to show them my three letters from my mil retirement, SSA, and the VA of 'proof' of income, (I had them translated as well)....short story, the local IMO said no good.  Lastly, they called the wife and scheduled a home visit....a few pictures outside with them and they were gone.  First home visit by the IMO since 2012.

Things used to be simple, too bad new rules have been enacted due to a 'few' nefarious actors that affect the rest of us.

Response By Email (Dept of Veterans Affairs) (04/19/2019 02:06 PM

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated April 19, 2019.

Thank you for your service to our country.

You may update your current VA bank account to an international account via an eBenefits (www.ebenefits.va.gov) Premium account, as long as the routing number of the bank is recognized in the VA system.  Otherwise, you will need to submit a written request to VA.  (Currently VA is unable to make a change of a direct deposit to an international account over the phone.) 

VA offers international direct deposit service to many countries worldwide.  International direct deposit allows your payment to be deposited directly into their local bank account in local currency (for most countries).  The Veteran, VA beneficiary, or their VA-recognized Power of Attorney will need to submit VA Form 24-0296a, International Direct Deposit Enrollment, to the address or fax number provided on the form.  We have attached a copy of the form to this inquiry, for your convenience.  Additional copies of VA forms can be accessed online at http://www.va.gov/vaforms.&nbsp;

It is important to note, different departments within VA do not use the same computer system.  Therefore, if you are receiving education or vocational rehabilitation benefits, each individual department will need to be contacted to correct your direct deposit account information.
1 hour ago, ToS2014 said:

Further, I just received an update policy letter from my USA bank (USAA).  It appears that they will now charge me for international cash advances on my debit card (due to new money laundering regulations, like new fees will inhibit those that do wash their money).  I have for years went in to my local Bangkok Bank and asked for X amount from my debit card be deposited into my local BB savings account.  It was simple, a swipe, pin entered and signed the 'receipt' along with a copy of my passport.  

No change in USAA debit card fees....still a 1% foreign transaction fee with a max ATM withdrawal of $600 per transaction/day and counter withdrawal (i.e., cash advance) of $1000 transaction/day. 

Fee changes reflected below.  All other fees same-same.

These are changes in your Service Fee Schedule that become effective on June 8, 2019: • Person-to-Person Transfers (Zelle®) transfer limits were added. • Overdraft Fee and Non-Sufficient Funds Fee: • Overdraft Fee (per item) increased from $25 to $29 • Non-Sufficient Funds Fee (per item) remains $29 • Maximum number of combined Overdraft and Non-Sufficient Funds fees is three (3) per day • Excessive Savings Account Withdrawal Fees: • First Occurrence: Fee increased from $0 to $10 for each transaction over the six (6) permitted per statement cycle • Second and Third Occurrences: Fee increased from $5 to $10 for each transaction over the six (6) permitted per statement cycle • Maximum of $60 per statement cycle • Teller Check Fee: • Increased from $5 to $10 • Added one (1) free check per member per calendar year.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, flbkk said:

It does come down to the issue of needing to withdraw in person. I had my interview with SSA Manila recently, just starting to collect, she said only Bangkok bank, only if you go each month to sign fur the money, to make sure your girlfriend didn’t take it and that you didn’t die. That’s USA regulation not thai bank. If so I’ll keep with USA bank and pay for transfer. I use TransferWise, it’s cheaper than wire but not insubstantial. If it’s direct normal I’ll sign up.

"That’s USA regulation not thai bank."

You've got that backwards. It's BBL's fraud prevention policy.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, Pib said:

Sure you and your friends do....that is, receive your mil retirement payment from DFAS to your Bangkok Bank special Direct Deposit account (I use to do that also for a short while years back), but it's "not" via IDD; it's via ACH "domestic" transfer or possibly ACH IAT.   IDD and ACH are two completely different programs/payment systems. 

I say possibly via ACH "IAT" because I don't remember seeing anyone receiving mil retirement pay say they have contacted Bangkok Bank to ask if their payment is arriving in ACH "IAT" or domestic format.  The ACH IAT format is the format Bangkok Bank will require in the near future; ACH domestic format will be rejected back to sender.   

Thailand is "not" on the DFAS IDD list of countries....that's why the US Embassy-Bangkok announcement did not include DFAS/military retirement pay.

DFAS IDD List of Countries.

https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/manage/idd.html

While it's correct to say that Thailand is not presently on DFAS' IDD country list, DFAS isn't included on the list from the US Embassy because DOD benefits are NOT federal benefits. State isn't required to assist with DOD benefits other than to refer DOD/DFAS beneficiaries to the nearest US military installation capable of providing relevant assistance. In Thailand, it's JUSMAGTHAI.

You could give SSA a new account number at Bangkok Bank and SSA would be fine with that....all they want to know is the bank's routing number and account number...and whether it's checking or savings.  They do not ask if it's a special direct deposit account.   However, Bangkok Bank would reject/place on-hold the payment if received to a regular savings account....send the pension a letter saying he needs to come in and open a direct deposit account within a few weeks or the funds would be sent back.

Most likely it's a combination of US govt rules, type of payment system (i.e., ACH or IDD that uses SWIFT), and bank policy.  I say type of payment system (i.e., ACH or IDD SWIFT) because late last year when IDD came to light I stumbled upon some SSA POMS (instructions) which talked different overpayment "recovery" rules (like when a pension is overpaid, dies but payment continue to flow to his account for months, etc) and the recovery rules were different based on whether ACH or IDD SWIFT was being used.   Basically the ACH rules for recovery/recall were stricter on receiving banks than SWIFT.   It was actually harder for SSA to recover funds when sent via IDD.   This was also implied to me by a key HQ Bangkok Bank rep on this ACH IAT goatrope...and how when IDD goes operational the account restrictions should be less, but the rep was still waiting for more guidance from the gods.  I figure the possible differences in account restrictions depending on whether received via ACH or SWIFT was driven by rules set by the ACH system and SWIFT system...and the rules are different between these two systems....different rules that Bangkok Bank would adapt to differently---you could call that bank protection....doesn't want to get stuck with an overpayment recall that the bank might end up paying out of hid and/or jeopardizing a nice fee/profit-generating setup. 

Philippines banks have basically the same policy as Bangkok Bank for US govt payments.  For example, see below from the Philippines National Bank....same-same policy as Bangkok Bank.  Now when going to their link below and opening up their signup form you'll see it's for payment via ACH. The Philippines has had IDD available since early/mid last year so I don't know if their IDD rules are the same...and maybe below applies to payment via ACH or IDD but their website only shows the ACH form versus also showing the IDD form.   

https://www.pnb.com.ph/index.php/deposit-accounts/direct-deposit-program

image.png.b5ec113f129f3d9b06face75f84d0628.png

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Is that really correct?  Do you mean I can switch accounts for SS deposit at Bank of Bangkok and that is OK with SS? 

In the context of your question as it relates to Thailand and Bangkok Bank (BBL), outside of necessary direct deposit service paperwork processing, SS could care less what your account number is. The restrictive nature the way BBL manages their internal direct deposit service is BBL's own fraud prevention policy, plain and simple. BBL won't let an account holder switch from a direct deposit special savings account to a traditional savings account to receive monthly direct deposits.

US government monthly benefits recipients (such as SS) that initially may be successful in establishing direct deposit to a BBL traditional savings account eventually get discovered and informed in writing accordingly by BBL. In this situation BBL will block access to future direct deposit funds unless or until the recipient opens a BBL special direct deposit account.

3 minutes ago, Neocon said:

In the context of your question as it relates to Thailand and Bangkok Bank (BBL), outside of necessary direct deposit service paperwork processing, SS could care less what your account number is. The restrictive nature the way BBL manages their internal direct deposit service is BBL's own fraud prevention policy, plain and simple. BBL won't let an account holder switch from a direct deposit special savings account to a traditional savings account to receive monthly direct deposits.

US government monthly benefits recipients (such as SS) that initially may be successful in establishing direct deposit to a BBL traditional savings account eventually get discovered and informed in writing accordingly by BBL. In this situation BBL will block access to future direct deposit funds unless or until the recipient opens a BBL special direct deposit account.

Do all foreign countries have this rule or just a few like Thailand and the Philippines? And I guess you mean I can open up an SCB account that is not direct deposit but Manila SS doesn't know about it yet?

1 hour ago, Pib said:

You could give SSA a new account number at Bangkok Bank and SSA would be fine with that....all they want to know is the bank's routing number and account number...and whether it's checking or savings.  They do not ask if it's a special direct deposit account.   However, Bangkok Bank would reject/place on-hold the payment if received to a regular savings account....send the pension a letter saying he needs to come in and open a direct deposit account within a few weeks or the funds would be sent back.

Most likely it's a combination of US govt rules, type of payment system (i.e., ACH or IDD that uses SWIFT), and bank policy.  I say type of payment system (i.e., ACH or IDD SWIFT) because late last year when IDD came to light I stumbled upon some SSA POMS (instructions) which talked different overpayment "recovery" rules (like when a pension is overpaid, dies but payment continue to flow to his account for months, etc) and the recovery rules were different based on whether ACH or IDD SWIFT was being used.   Basically the ACH rules for recovery/recall were stricter on receiving banks than SWIFT.   It was actually harder for SSA to recover funds when sent via IDD.   This was also implied to me by a key HQ Bangkok Bank rep on this ACH IAT goatrope...and how when IDD goes operational the account restrictions should be less, but the rep was still waiting for more guidance from the gods.  I figure the possible differences in account restrictions depending on whether received via ACH or SWIFT was driven by rules set by the ACH system and SWIFT system...and the rules are different between these two systems....different rules that Bangkok Bank would adapt to differently---you could call that bank protection....doesn't want to get stuck with an overpayment recall that the bank might end up paying out of hid and/or jeopardizing a nice fee/profit-generating setup. 

Philippines banks have basically the same policy as Bangkok Bank for US govt payments.  For example, see below from the Philippines National Bank....same-same policy as Bangkok Bank.  Now when going to their link below and opening up their signup form you'll see it's for payment via ACH. The Philippines has had IDD available since early/mid last year so I don't know if their IDD rules are the same...and maybe below applies to payment via ACH or IDD but their website only shows the ACH form versus also showing the IDD form.   

https://www.pnb.com.ph/index.php/deposit-accounts/direct-deposit-program

image.png.b5ec113f129f3d9b06face75f84d0628.png

The legal bottom line is what's stipulated in the MOA between the USG and BBL. Senior BBL management has told me that BBL is required by legal agreement with the USG to comply with the US Treasury Green Book. The Green Book does not mandate how BBL manages its internal direct deposit fraud prevention policy.

What's presently unknown is which additional Thai banks may agree to participate in IDD and what their individual fraud prevention policies may be. BBL presently manages inbound direct deposit from 95 US sources. BBL's internal direct deposit fraud prevention policy is universal to all 95 sources.

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Do all foreign countries have this rule or just a few like Thailand and the Philippines? And I guess you mean I can open up an SCB account that is not direct deposit but Manila SS doesn't know about it yet?

At present, BBL is the only Thai bank authorized to receive direct deposit from USG sources (via International ACH (IAT)). Generally, when International Direct Deposit (IDD) becomes available to Thailand, If Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) is one of the participating Thai banks, then yes. Until then, no. This is why I stated "...in the context of Thailand and Bangkok Bank (BBL)...".

I'll leave others to explain the difference between IAT and IDD electronic funds transfers (EFT) processes. Additional local direct deposit options via IDD are inbound. I too am waiting for further information and details.

12 hours ago, Neocon said:

The legal bottom line is what's stipulated in the MOA between the USG and BBL. Senior BBL management has told me that BBL is required by legal agreement with the USG to comply with the US Treasury Green Book. The Green Book does not mandate how BBL manages its internal direct deposit fraud prevention policy.

What's presently unknown is which additional Thai banks may agree to participate in IDD and what their individual fraud prevention policies may be. BBL presently manages inbound direct deposit from 95 US sources. BBL's internal direct deposit fraud prevention policy is universal to all 95 sources.

Yeap...the Green Book rules along with the National ACH Assn (NACHA) rules are rules banks utilizing the ACH system must comply with.  While these rules are generally written for banks operating within the 50 states, other banks such as Bangkok Bank, banks in the Philippines and other foreign banks using/interfacing with the ACH system must comply also although they may need to develop their own policies to comply with the intent.   I say comply with the intent of the rules because with different financial laws in different countries the Thai bank may need to develop internal bank policy not spelled out in the Green Book or NACHA rules to ensure it complies with the intent of the US govt law/rules since there is no similar Thai law/rule.   

For those listening in, you can review the Green Book at this US Treasury website.  

https://fiscal.treasury.gov/reference-guidance/green-book/

image.png.15c71e11f5b19fcc8d96c5ad7bfc1249.png

On 4/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, Pib said:

Plus, it's really hard to beat the US govt simply transmitting your benefit into your Thai bank each month....you do not have to do anything---pure simplicity....the money just arrives your Thai bank account without needing to do anything each month.

Unless you consider "without needing to do anything" having to show up in person to collect. Sometimes it's difficult to get through the bank door in your wheelchair, dragging a rack of IV needles. Contrast to electronic transfer from your US bank, where maybe you lose a day for its arrival, but afterwards it's accessible via local ATM card by anyone of your choice, or online transfer. But, if IDD does away with this speed bump, then, direct deposit certainly has its merits.

7 minutes ago, JimGant said:

But, if IDD does away with this speed bump, then, direct deposit certainly has its merits.

Believe most attractive feature would be for immigration income use as it should be accepted and not subject to the maybe international transfer questions of other methods.  

11 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Unless you consider "without needing to do anything" having to show up in person to collect. Sometimes it's difficult to get through the bank door in your wheelchair, dragging a rack of IV needles. Contrast to electronic transfer from your US bank, where maybe you lose a day for its arrival, but afterwards it's accessible via local ATM card by anyone of your choice, or online transfer. But, if IDD does away with this speed bump, then, direct deposit certainly has its merits.

Bangkok Bank has "double wide doors" at all branches....plenty wide for wheelchairs, IV gear, and accompanying nurse.   Plus, new policy is to provide a one month calendar on each monthly withdrawal from your direct deposit account.

image.png.582633ee225a27f6dadec69a93eaee0f.png

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe most attractive feature would be for immigration income use as it should be accepted and not subject to the maybe international transfer questions of other methods.  

Unless the Thailand processing bank (i.e., intermediary bank) used by the US Treasury decides to use for IDD payments uses BahtNet for the final leg of the payment.  Then such folks having a Bangkok Bank account use to seeing a "FTT" code in their passbook and "International Transfer" in their ibanking description may instead see a "BTN" code in their passbook and ibanking "Bahtnet" description.

I've seen posts where pensioners getting Australian govt payments/pensions ended-up with Bahtnet coding since the Oz govt routed the payment thru a Thailand processing bank and their associated BahtNet SWIFT code.   

I recently been testing transfers via OFX (a money transfer service like Transferwise) and both transfers were coded at BTN/Bahtnet in my Bangkok Bank account because OFX routed the funds thru a Bank of Thailand BahtNet SWIFT code onto my Bangkok Bank account.  Basically OFX is using the Bank of Thailand for the final leg of the transfer.

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

Bangkok Bank has "double wide doors" at all branches....plenty wide for wheelchairs, IV gear, and accompanying nurse. 

You never get to the doors - all have steps here in Latpaho and none have wheelchair access AFAIK (even those built in last 10 years).  

Unless the Thailand processing bank (i.e., intermediary bank) used by the US Treasury decides to use for IDD payments uses BahtNet for the final leg of the payment.  Then such folks having a Bangkok Bank account use to seeing a "FTT" code in their passbook and "International Transfer" in their ibanking description may instead see a "BTN" code in their passbook and ibanking "Bahtnet" description.

I've seen posts where pensioners getting Australian govt payments/pensions ended-up with Bahtnet coding since the Oz govt routed the payment thru a Thailand processing bank and their associated BahtNet SWIFT code.   

I recently been testing transfers via OFX (a money transfer service like Transferwise) and both transfers were coded at BTN/Bahtnet in my Bangkok Bank account because OFX routed the funds thru a Bank of Thailand BahtNet SWIFT code onto my Bangkok Bank account.  Basically OFX is using the Bank of Thailand for the final leg of the transfer.

Credit Advice for Bahtnet transfers will show foreign origin.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

So, has anyone gotten a reply from Manila yet?

I haven't, but then by case worker is virtually catatonic.

Regarding "is IDD active/available now" I got a response this week from Manila that was inconclusive...left me scratching my head.  I responded back for clarification...now waiting on the clarification.  The response was not clear as to whether the Manila rep was talking payment correction to ACH "IAT" format (which occurred for my family member's 3 Apr payment) or switch to IDD.

I shouldn't be this hard to get clear info from Manila but that's the way it is sometimes....probably consider myself lucky in just getting a response.  But in a mid March Manila response which was conclusive as they clearly said the IDD was still in testing.  

But if the response I got this week meant the IDD form my family member provided Manila approx 2 months ago was processed "recently" because IDD went operational like the mid Apr US Embassy-Bangkok announcement implied....like went operational over the last few weeks....then maybe the member's upcoming 3 May payment will arrive via IDD.  If so, it should look different on the Credit Advice and possibly ibanking/SMS notice....and of course the exchange rate given should be different than the Bangkok Bank exchange rate and probably a fee difference.  Will have to wait and see.

This week I also briefly talked to a HQ Bangkok Bank rep on the ACH IAT and IDD subjects...the rep didn't know if IDD had went operational or not....Bangkok Bank is still processing new direct deposit signups using the form for ACH; not IDD.

Yeap, shouldn't be this hard to get clear info on IDD from Manila but Manila is very hard to contact via phone call and emails simply go unanswered all too often.  Preaching to the choir I know.

35 minutes ago, Pib said:

Regarding "is IDD active/available now" I got a response this week from Manila that was inconclusive...left me scratching my head.  I responded back for clarification...now waiting on the clarification.  The response was not clear as to whether the Manila rep was talking payment correction to ACH "IAT" format (which occurred for my family member's 3 Apr payment) or switch to IDD.

I shouldn't be this hard to get clear info from Manila but that's the way it is sometimes....probably consider myself lucky in just getting a response.  But in a mid March Manila response which was conclusive as they clearly said the IDD was still in testing.  

But if the response I got this week meant the IDD form my family member provided Manila approx 2 months ago was processed "recently" because IDD went operational like the mid Apr US Embassy-Bangkok announcement implied....like went operational over the last few weeks....then maybe the member's upcoming 3 May payment will arrive via IDD.  If so, it should look different on the Credit Advice and possibly ibanking/SMS notice....and of course the exchange rate given should be different than the Bangkok Bank exchange rate and probably a fee difference.  Will have to wait and see.

This week I also briefly talked to a HQ Bangkok Bank rep on the ACH IAT and IDD subjects...the rep didn't know if IDD had went operational or not....Bangkok Bank is still processing new direct deposit signups using the form for ACH; not IDD.

Yeap, shouldn't be this hard to get clear info on IDD from Manila but Manila is very hard to contact via phone call and emails simply go unanswered all too often.  Preaching to the choir I know.

Never fails....I got a Manila clarification/response shortly after posting above.   Partial quote follows: "...we just recently received the instructions to implement the IDD for Thailand."   

The response went on to say my family member's IDD for Thailand enrollment form had recently been processed.  So, maybe the member's 3 May payment will arrive via IDD assuming it was processed before whatever monthly cutoff I'm sure the payment system utilizes.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

I received my SS to the "direct account" , went inside the bank and transferred the funds to my local account(ATM/savings) today.  No fees of any kind.  No "Transferwise" or SWIFT code. In Thai baht.  Now, I am assuming that simply filling out another 1199a  at my local Bangkok Bank might eliminate the NY branch.  I couldn't check today, since the bank officer who is in charge of that, wasn't in. This is the same person who set up my NY branch account, so I'll post again after speaking with them.

Never fails....I got a Manila clarification/response shortly after posting above.   Partial quote follows: "...we just recently received the instructions to implement the IDD for Thailand."   

The response went on to say my family member's IDD for Thailand enrollment form had recently been processed.  So, maybe the member's 3 May payment will arrive via IDD assuming it was processed before whatever monthly cutoff I'm sure the payment system utilizes.

I don't suppose any info was provided on it e.g. which Thai banks etc?

23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I don't suppose any info was provided on it e.g. which Thai banks etc?

Of course not.  

And based on my face-to-face discussion last week with a HQ Bangkok Bank point of contact on the ACH IAT goatrope regarding "IDD for Thailand" they were still waiting for more guidance from above also...specifically from Bangkok Bank "New York" who apparently has lead on this whole ACH IAT and IDD thing regarding info that is provided to customers on the Bangkok Bank website or via separate correspondence like the letter they are mailing out to customers extending the non-IAT deadline to 30 Jun. 

Providing guidance like can a person change the current Bangkok Bank direct deposit account into a regular savings account where the same account number is kept.   Bangkok Bank can definitely change a regular account to a direct deposit account (i.e., keeping the same account number) as that's stated on their website....one would think they could also go the other way.  Some may want to do this...keep the same account number to avoid maybe needing to opening another account, submitting a new 1199 IDD form, do not want a joint account, etc.,  but want to get rid of the restrictions of the current direct deposit account.

But if my family members 3 May payment arrives via IDD, come the week of 6 May me and the family member will be at Bangkok Bank to press the test on getting the account changed to a regular account...keeping the same account number.   Gives me a battle to fight on my free time.

Archived