Prayut to attend Belt and Road summit in Bejing next week

snoop1130

Prayut to attend Belt and Road summit in Bejing next week

By The Nation

a19208be8dfe93d1d635334890eb6ec5.jpeg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will attend the second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation (BRF) in Beijing next week, a deputy government spokesman said on Thursday.

The theme of the second BRF is “Belt and Road Cooperation: Shaping a Brighter Shared Future” and will be attended by leaders of 38 countries, Deputy Government Spokesman Maj-General Werachon Sukhon-dhapatipak said.

Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak, Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai and Transport Minister Akhom Termpittayapaisit will be accompanying the PM to the April 26-27 forum.

The attendees are expected to announce a joint declaration at the summit, which will reflect stronger cooperation and development policy in order to boost ties, economic cooperation and sustainable development among participating countries. 

At the meeting, Prayut will highlight Thailand’s role as Asean chairman in promoting connections on all aspects as well as the Kingdom’s readiness to cooperate with China in connecting the region through the Master Plan on Connectivity (MPAC) 2020 and the Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (Acmecs). 

He also plans to extend cooperation in support of the Thailand 4.0 policy and the Eastern Economic Corridor that will link economies in the sub-region.

Thailand expects to become Asean’s centre for logistics, transportation and communications and a gateway to China.

Werachon said Prayut will hold bilateral meetings with China’s President Xi Jinping, Prime Minister Li Keqiang and Vice Prime Minister Han Zheng to boost bilateral relations and cooperation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367901

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-18

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell off more of Thailand in exchange for a pocketful of commissions for a few Generals.

Also of interest, the pro-democracy coalition that secured 254 seats in the recent election has no voice at the table for these talks.

37 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

At the meeting, Prayut will highlight Thailand’s role as Asean chairman in promoting connections on all aspects as well as the Kingdom’s readiness to cooperate with China in connecting the region through the Master Plan on Connectivity (MPAC) 2020 and the Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (Acmecs). 

He also plans to extend cooperation in support of the Thailand 4.0 policy and the Eastern Economic Corridor that will link economies in the sub-region.

Thailand expects to become Asean’s centre for logistics, transportation and communications and a gateway to China.

Thailand will benefit a great deal from these bilateral talks with Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.

It can only strengthen the relationship between the two countries and continue to bring in more Chinese CNY into Thailand. The China-Thai high speed rail project being one example.

image.png.4a5cc5547bc64f90e54726a2de3ba6f7.png

21 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thailand will benefit a great deal from these bilateral talks with Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.

It can only strengthen the relationship between the two countries and continue to bring in more Chinese YEN into Thailand. The China-Thai high speed rail project being one example.

Chinese "Yen" I believe Yen is the name for Japanese currency. 

24 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

does it means HE was elected PM.... what about the other parties who got more seats, do they have the right to go also or this is one way street....,  me, myself and I

As many said prior to the election, he ain't finished and here we are, barely a question raised he is still the puppet.  Stand by for another MoU.

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

It can only strengthen the relationship between the two countries and continue to bring in more Chinese CNY into Thailand. The China-Thai high speed rail project being one example.

Don't think the Malaysians felt that way.  They, unlike Thailand, have greater transparency.  Cha Cha is a bug compared China and a does not have what it takes to deal with them.  YOu can kind of tell by the look on Xi's face.   Your unquestioning nature is the worst of all as you should know better. 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Amazing he can do all that while in caretaker mode and parliament not in session. Remember a time there was an uproar when the elected government agreed on the Chea Vichea temple as world heritage site without parliament approval. 

He should have zero right to go and represent Thailand and be a Yes guy to China as the election results are still being upheld so he can stay at the top. That is a crime in itself for him to hand shaking agreements. Also sounds like the Mekong river days are really numbered. No concern for the environment.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

He should have zero right to go and represent Thailand and be a Yes guy to China as the election results are still being upheld so he can stay at the top. That is a crime in itself for him to hand shaking agreements. Also sounds like the Mekong river days are really numbered. No concern for the environment.

yes .... thailand is such a difficult place to live with all the problems, makes you wonder why any farang would stay here. :whistling:

Are there any actual intelligent Thai language articles on the details of this initiative. So far I haven't seen any.

Any agreements / collaboration under this initiative could have huge repercussions for the future, not in the least because many see it as "debt trap diplomacy".

What is China's Belt Road initiative

Warning sounded over China's debtbook diplomacy

28 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Are there any actual intelligent Thai language articles on the details of this initiative. So far I haven't seen any.

Any agreements / collaboration under this initiative could have huge repercussions for the future, not in the least because many see it as "debt trap diplomacy".

What is China's Belt Road initiative

Warning sounded over China's debtbook diplomacy

Pick your hegemon:  Do you pick the master thousands of mile across the Pacific to your East, or the master at your doorstep to the North?  It's all really rhetorical imho.

58 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes .... thailand is such a difficult place to live with all the problems, makes you wonder why any farang would stay here. :whistling:

What in Pray Tell are you talking about? We all have our opinions and mine are coincided with my farang-Thainess and family. I have earned that right for the oh-so-many years/decades here.. And yes, for every action it does affect my family with him in charge. Wolf trying to masquerade in sheep's clothing which has adverse effects in so many ways. But maybe this is something you wouldn't understand. 

12 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And yes, for every action it does affect my family with him in charge. Wolf trying to masquerade in sheep's clothing which has adverse effects in so many ways.

But you said Khun Prayut shouldn't go to China .... why ????  he has every right to go, he is the elected prime minister of Thailand so he should go. I think he would be more suitable than say ' yingluck ' wouldn't you say the same. lol :whistling:  also, I can't see how this affects you or your family ? you can still go out, you can still shop in peace, you can still drink at a bar if you so desire .... how does it impede on your daily life ?

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

But you said Khun Prayut shouldn't go to China .... why ????  he has every right to go, he is the elected prime minister of Thailand so he should go. I think he would be more suitable than say ' yingluck ' wouldn't you say the same. lol :whistling:  also, I can't see how this affects you or your family ? you can still go out, you can still shop in peace, you can still drink at a bar if you so desire .... how does it impede on your daily life ?

Um..... Elected? Errr… you mean placed in a position by himself and his military and elite cronies? I would prefer to not mention anything now as there is a blanket on freedom of speech and harsh penalties for doing so in the internet. Let's just say if an egg smells rotten, then it is probably rotten to the core.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

We are here to support those who get stepped on by people like you ????  We give them opportunities negated by people like you.  Much can be done in Thailand, but it takes outsiders to offer a bit of encouragement. 

Don't think you are a bad guy Steven, just lost. 

42 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Could someone jog my memory? When was Prayuth elected?

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thanks for the propaganda ????

Archived