Prayut to attend Belt and Road summit in Bejing next week

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Selatan said:

Whoever forms the next government in Bangkok would be stupid not to join the Belt Road Initiative when the "most hated enemy" to the West have made deals with both China and Japan: 

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F_aliases%2Farticleimage%2F1%2F7%2F1%2F2%2F16582171-3-eng-GB%2F20181108-Myanmar-Map.png?source=nar-cms

As a Malaysian businessman, I wouldn't be reading the Thaivisa forum if Thailand is not going to be part of the Belt and Road project.

Who cares? "Malaysia" is rightful Siam clay anyways.  Hopefully Siam will claim what is theirs again soon and you will become a proud thaicitizen????

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just read the himalayan times from the 17th which 'has chinese tourists benefited nepal economically' , its centered all around the tax-avoiding scam of we-chat pay and alli-pay, this means that all transactions through these mediums are based in china not nepal or thailand, so all those chinese origin billionaire thai business owners are having  funds, paying for goods in thailand,being deposited in china, all under the control of the ccp(chinese state). and how much of that comes back into the thai economy?

a lovely article that would never be allowed here

On 4/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, steven100 said:

Thailand will benefit a great deal from these bilateral talks with Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.

It can only strengthen the relationship between the two countries and continue to bring in more Chinese CNY into Thailand. The China-Thai high speed rail project being one example.

image.png.4a5cc5547bc64f90e54726a2de3ba6f7.png

I reckon you will find Thailand is doing the spending.
Chinese don't need anything from Thailand apart from Durian and Land.

6 hours ago, Robiewest said:

Not propaganda, this is a fact you can search on your own. You may have China and it's nationalist ways. I will stand by Western allies as the better safe bet. I would hope that Siam and others will do the same.

Safer bet? Haha. Don't tell me you don't even know the history of Siam? How Siam was forced to give away the dominance over Laos and Cambodia to the French. Siam was lucky to be used by the British and the French as a buffer state. Without the French in Indochina, Siam would surely would have been conquered by the British. After all, even your mighty old enemy, the Burmese were easily defeated by the British. Like Dr Mahathir said, it doesn't make sense to fear the Chinese. Better to fear the Westerners. 

6 hours ago, Robiewest said:

Good lord, I hope the chin don't do what you mentioned. I couldn't stand having Siam invaded by a dirt country.

What do the Chinese do in Laos, exactly? Bringing prosperity to that country? You forgot that your own economic elites in your own country are mostly ethnic Chinese?

4 hours ago, Okis said:

Who cares? "Malaysia" is rightful Siam clay anyways.  Hopefully Siam will claim what is theirs again soon and you will become a proud thaicitizen????

You mean just like how the Burmese used to claim Siam as theirs? Thailand was lucky that a dictator in Myanmar in 1960s made the biggest blunder by chasing away its Chinese business people. Before that, Burma was one of the richest country in Southeast Asia. After the Chinese business community left, Myanmar slowly became the poorest country on earth.

3 hours ago, norfolkc said:

Hope he takes note of how the Malaysian have delt  with the Chinese 

And how the Malaysians have dealt with the Chinese? The ECRL project got a discount? There was no real discount. It was a reduction in the scope of work - less tunnelling work and less stations. Only the clueless would believe in Western propaganda that China gave a big discount. If it was a real discount, there wouldn't be any change in the scope of work.

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Your PM is elected and he therefore speak for the people and will be accountable in the next election. This junta PM is not elected and therefore do not represent the feelings of the people and unaccountable to his policies. Non of his policies were discussed and debated in Parliament. You need to understand the underlying sentiments of the people and judged fairly. 

I thought the rail link to Laos was originally a project that was started by the Abhisit Vejjajiva government? And after that the Yingluck Shinawatra government later stopped it?

1 hour ago, Selatan said:

I thought the rail link to Laos was originally a project that was started by the Abhisit Vejjajiva government? And after that the Yingluck Shinawatra government later stopped it?

The rail link that you referring was an Asean initiative in 1995, long before the China’s Belt and Road project. It was supposed to build a railway from SIngapore to Kumming; not Laos. The project was never implemented. This China and Thailand “Road and Belt” rail link to Laos was a junta and China initiative with financing and technologies from China. 

2 hours ago, Selatan said:

You mean just like how the Burmese used to claim Siam as theirs? Thailand was lucky that a dictator in Myanmar in 1960s made the biggest blunder by chasing away its Chinese business people. Before that, Burma was one of the richest country in Southeast Asia. After the Chinese business community left, Myanmar slowly became the poorest country on earth.

As I said, I hope you will proudly accept your future Thai citizenship and integration in Thai culture. There is no need to resist! 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, Traubert said:

How long to get Detroit making cars again for instance?

I'm cheerleading for the 4th industrial revolution. Let the robots replace the commies, they can go back behind their wall to exploit each other in peace.

Archived