Last Entry on Non Imm-O Multi Entry

I have a multiple entry Non-Immigrant O Visa based on marriage to a Thai and the expiry date is at the end of February 2020.

Am I right in thinking that as long as I leave and enter again before the expiry date (even just a day or two before) that I will be granted another 90 day stay in Thailand, even though the visa expiry date would have passed during this time?

If so, would it also be possible to begin the process for the extension of stay based on marriage during this final entry of the visa or does this need to be done before the visa expiry date?

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for an extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries the visa allows.

You can do one for the last entry before the visa expires if you want to.

Thanks for the info Ubonjoe.

So if I came in on my last entry just a couple of days before the visa expires, I would get another 90 days and from there I can apply for the extension of marriage during the last 30?

Previously when I used the METV I would plan my last entry just before it expires, to get nearly 8 months out of it in total rather than 6. I just wasn't sure if this can also be done with Non-Imm O multi visas as well

47 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

So if I came in on my last entry just a couple of days before the visa expires, I would get another 90 days and from there I can apply for the extension of marriage during the last 30?

Yes you can.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit you wife for any of the 90 day entries.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit you wife for any of the 90 day entries.

Thanks again for the info - I didn't know about the 60 day extension option.

Can an extension of stay based on marriage be made during one of these 60 day extensions?

3 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

Can an extension of stay based on marriage be made during one of these 60 day extensions?

Yes you can but you could not get another one for any future extension applications since you are only allowed one per entry with a visa. Best to save the 60 day extension in case you were to have a problem with applying for a new extension (for example money not in the bank for 2 months).

In case you’re not aware; you can apply for a 60 day extension the end of any 90 day stay, AND you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay towards the end of any 90 day stay — you don’t need to wait until the last one.