Foreigner Detained On Marijuana Possession Charges

george

Foreigner detained on marijuana possession charges

PATTAYA: -- Regional and Banglamung police from the drug suppression units received a tip off that a foreign national bound for Pattaya was in possession of marijuana.

At 10 p.m. on May 21 Ulrick Weber, 45, alighted from the bus at the Rungruang bus terminal in Naklua. There he was met by police who revealed their identities and requested a body search.

The discovered a 4 x 6 inch pack of dried marijuana leaves in his jeans pocket.

Weber was immediately remanded to custody where he admitted to buying the weed from a Thai man in Bangkok. He was charged for possession of a class 5 illegal substance.

--Pattaya Mail 2004-05-28

I'd be willing to bet that the Thai guy that sold him the gear was the same person that fingered him to the police.

That same thought crossed my mind too. It is however not a particularly clever move as it would make sure that this customer can't become a 'repeat customer'.

There is on the other hand strong symbolism, Thai Rak Thai in its purest form without forgetting to take the money first...

Dutchy

I'd be willing to bet that the Thai guy that sold him the gear was the same person that fingered him to the police.

That same thought crossed my mind too. It is however not a particularly clever move as it would make sure that this customer can't become a 'repeat customer'.

There is on the other hand strong symbolism, Thai Rak Thai in its purest form without forgetting to take the money first...

Dutchy

Thais are not renowned for their business sense

In Theory: When you consider that the same 4 x 6 inch pack of dried marijuana leaves can be resold numerous times, fines associated with those getting set up can also add up quite quickly. Do this on a larger scale. You could earn enough to buy a 30% share of an English Football team in no time.

Friend of mine was caught in a similar scam in South America. Bought drugs from a pusher who then squealed to the local men in green, men in green wanted for cash for his release, he paid, pusher got his cut afterwards. :o