Clampdown on hospital brawls necessary, say authorities

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, johnny49r said:

Following my "what the...." reaction I suddenly came to my senses and remembered where I am!

Geeze - even the Irish don't riot in hospital's.

google it. violence in irelands hospitals is a serious problem

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

A simple sign of no admissions for brawlers after 12pm should fix the problem but if you come before the curfew you can battle it out for a reduced sentence????

At what time the next morning does the One Year sentence begin?   lol 

"Hospital Brawls" have become such a disruptive social issue that legislation needs to be passed and sanctions levied on the brawlers, up to five year in prison if brawling after midnight, significantly less if before the witching hour......I don't know, I'm speechless.  ????

In other news, authorities are now engaged in a massive manhunt to capture and prosecute a farang husband and his Thai wife for anchoring a floating

'home' in International waters off the coast of Thailand.  Authorities state that the couple may face The Death Sentence or Life In Prison for their heinous crimes. :dry:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The hospital director has also filed a complaint of property damage because one of the brawlers used a Buddha statue in the fight. The statue had been placed in a prominent spot for people to seek Songkran blessings. 

Now - had a foreigner wielded a Buddhist statue in a fight in Thailand - Oh my God, the howls of rage!!!
Where is Thai social media on this little tidbit?  Listen <crickets chirping>

Been here six months and I’m starting to reevaluate my decision to retire here. These people are just uncivilized pretenders. I am bitterly disappointed that since my first time here in ‘72-‘73 as a G.I. that these people haven’t progressed, advanced more than hey have in 50 years. My God! This place is a zoo! Pick your area of disappointment...food safety, road safety, driving habits, hygiene, the lack of value and concern for human life, corruption and I could go on and on. This place has me shaking my head on a minute by minute basis it seems. These people are clueless. 

I have to say say that I have a nice home, income is good, and I really do love this place, but, man! It’s hard to assimilate as an experienced, older American with things the way they are here. It’s a battle and a conscious effort on my part to lower my standards and expectations and satisfy myself by saying, “you’re not in Kansas anymore”.

Please don’t come back at with “you shoulda realized this and you shoulda researched that”. I did research online for 7 months before we left the states. The reality of it all hits you once here as you experience it. There’s no preppin’ For this. The word is acceptance. 

34 minutes ago, FaFaHead said:

Been here six months and I’m starting to reevaluate my decision to retire here. These people are just uncivilized pretenders. I am bitterly disappointed that since my first time here in ‘72-‘73 as a G.I. that these people haven’t progressed, advanced more than hey have in 50 years. My God! This place is a zoo! Pick your area of disappointment...food safety, road safety, driving habits, hygiene, the lack of value and concern for human life, corruption and I could go on and on. This place has me shaking my head on a minute by minute basis it seems. These people are clueless. 

I have to say say that I have a nice home, income is good, and I really do love this place, but, man! It’s hard to assimilate as an experienced, older American with things the way they are here. It’s a battle and a conscious effort on my part to lower my standards and expectations and satisfy myself by saying, “you’re not in Kansas anymore”.

Please don’t come back at with “you shoulda realized this and you shoulda researched that”. I did research online for 7 months before we left the states. The reality of it all hits you once here as you experience it. There’s no preppin’ For this. The word is acceptance. 

You have to be on the ground before you truly know a place

there is a problem with long term punishment. when they find out how long it is it is too late. maybe more security is needed. maybe they can confront drunk people and let them know of the consequence. maybe.

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Why not make it five years across the board ? 

I think it would be a better deterrent, rather than making a pre midnight attack a lesser offence. 

Happy hour discount.... we all loves our happy hours

Unheard of  in the USA. Hospitals are sanctuaries for the sick or injured not an arena for immature idiots of very low mentality. If there is a trend at certain hospitals in certain areas, increase police presence and make any disruptive behavior a serious Prison time offense. Alcohol or not, the mere idea of brawling near or in a hospital, putting staff and patients in danger is abhorrent and uncivilized. Thais need more education and maturity.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

As of press time, Prachuap Khiri Khan police chief Pol Maj-General Surasak Suksawang said the nine people who were involved in a fight inside Bang Saphan Hospital are facing charges of colluding in physical assault. 

No collusion! 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The attackers refused to stop assaulting the victims, despite warnings from hospital staff and security guards. 

Be like Australia and the USA, hire security guards that can stop these attacks. Not hard, looks like the security are lacking something, being Thais not hard to guess what.

3 hours ago, FaFaHead said:

When i said something similar on another post a few weeks ago, i was howled down and ridiculed because i said that Cambodia and the Philippines were looking so much better, well after spending the last 7 days in Cambodia, wow was i right, i was amazed how good Cambodia is, next short holiday is the Philippines then i will make my mind up about where to spend my 3 monthly yearly holiday, ive been 5 times to Thailand and each year it gets worse, not going to waste my hard earned retirement money here anymore, (PS, In Cambodia i didnt see one bar girl standing there picking her nose haha). Thailand think they are on earth as a superior race for farangs to come and give them money, well i got news for them, Not anymore, You can have your chinese tourists, as i said on my other post, how much money do chinese spend in bars, street food, etc, answer = zero. Even the ruskies are starting to find other countries.

10 hours ago, impulse said:

If the threat of a year in a Thai jail doesn't stop 'em, 5 years won't slow them down either.  And the societal costs of long prison terms is pretty hefty.  Families destroyed, all future prospects dashed...

Sure, it's despicable.  But the sentence should fit the crime.  Otherwise, why not just hang 'em?

Yeah, send them to the South to the Moslems. They are more experienced. ????

11 hours ago, baboon said:

Attacking hospital personnel or patients is beyond the pale. It is just one of those things you simply don't do. So yes, stiff penalties are well warranted, no matter what time it is.

Totally agree with you. 

UK hospital casualty departments were not nice places Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights as the drunks and fighters arrived, IME. Certainly in 70's, 80's and 90's. Not sure if better nowadays.

2 hours ago, johng50 said:

Be like Australia and the USA, hire security guards that can stop these attacks. Not hard, looks like the security are lacking something, being Thais not hard to guess what.

Money, possibly. How committed to your work would you be when your hourly rate would not even buy you a can of beer? Not really worth risking getting your head kicked in for, is it?

4 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Unheard of  in the USA. Hospitals are sanctuaries for the sick or injured not an arena for immature idiots of very low mentality. If there is a trend at certain hospitals in certain areas, increase police presence and make any disruptive behavior a serious Prison time offense. Alcohol or not, the mere idea of brawling near or in a hospital, putting staff and patients in danger is abhorrent and uncivilized. Thais need more education and maturity.

Ah, no. 

Bitten, shot, spat on: Violence in hospitals common for staff

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/16/hospital.violence.hopkins/index.html

13 hours ago, impulse said:

If the threat of a year in a Thai jail doesn't stop 'em, 5 years won't slow them down either.  And the societal costs of long prison terms is pretty hefty.  Families destroyed, all future prospects dashed...

Sure, it's despicable.  But the sentence should fit the crime.  Otherwise, why not just hang 'em?

absolutely, any sentence should fit the crime.
and if one cannot do the time, that person should not commit the crime.

Anyhow, your suggestion to hang someone in any case of disturbing hospitals is imho over the top.

The country should consider shortening Songkran to two days max

and stop alcohol sales for a day or two after. Here in the NE people 

are still partying in the streets. So many days drinking is bound to increase problems

Archived