(More) incentives sought for tourism

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple... want more tourists and good publicity. 

Offer a long time or short time discount coupon at you place of choosing along with a much better exchange rate on your money. Quit beating around bushless bush. 

On 4/19/2019 at 7:44 AM, Geoffggi said:

How about devaluing the Baht, the main reason is plain to see Thailand has become too expensive......

How about telling your own country to raise the value of there currency, the english have no one but themselves to blame for there falling pound.

46 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Thailand is probably running out of the Chinese on their first trip outside and duped by TATs broschures. They got back after the trip and spread the word. I doubt many come twice.

Indeed. Their bread and butter has always been Western tourism. These are the guys with the money. If it ever reaches a tippng point - goodbye good times, hello bad times. Personally, having seen the mansions some guys have built, and thinking about the amount of money pumped into the economy by short term sex tourists, I think their'll be a problem.

if they arrive by boat, sure.  but the days of air travel are numbered, much more so than many of the “general population” are even at all vaguely aware of.  notice that coverage of the protests at Heathrow this weekend, even in the Guardian, never delved at all into why an airport was quite appropriate.... usually they would embellish a story that way... but not even a newspaper such as the Guardian with relatively balanced coverage of Climate Change would dare connect dots to air travel and carbon emissions in such coverage.

so any efforts to encourage tourism with air travel involved... is gonna backfire rather severely, and not way off in the distant future either. at some point some dynamic will be crossed as a threshold and there will be a call to do things.  air travel is not as essential as everything else we do and consume, all of which still involve carbon emissions also, and it would take decades to safety test and swap out air fleets even if emissions free aircraft were at all possible.

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Thailand is probably running out of the Chinese on their first trip outside and duped by TATs broschures. They got back after the trip and spread the word. I doubt many come twice.

My thoughts exactly.  Chinese don't read Thai Visa but they do have their own social media haunts.  The initial flood of Chinese have now had time to post their Thailand horror stories online. Numbers of Chinese visitors will now start to decline.  Gradually at first and then they will fall off a cliff.

7 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

My thoughts exactly.  Chinese don't read Thai Visa but they do have their own social media haunts.  The initial flood of Chinese have now had time to post their Thailand horror stories online. Numbers of Chinese visitors will now start to decline.  Gradually at first and then they will fall off a cliff.

I think it's already happening compared to this time last year is well down

7 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Then the next wave will be Indians? Lucky us and LOS! 

16 hours ago, moe666 said:

How about telling your own country to raise the value of there currency, the english have no one but themselves to blame for there falling pound.

Look a little further than the end of your nose, the strength of the Baht is affecting all other currencies, in addition it is affecting Thai exports as the high Baht makes exporting goods more expensive.

6 hours ago, inThailand said:

Then the next wave will be Indians? Lucky us and LOS! 

Probably, but Indians are not preferred over Chinese. First is that they have that evil thing called democracy going on, no such thing with the BFF China, second Thais prefer the China part of Indochina. But yes they'll soon bend over for anyone who bothers to come.

Archived