Tumeric

Spaniel

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

It us readilt avaulable in capsule form in pmaces selling Thai herbal meds inclyding 7-11.

I have tried it a few times for inflammatory conditions. I did not notice any effect.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That is what i read Sheryl , inflamed gums , rub on Turmeric and honey.  Tried it before going to bed but mouth disgusting by morning.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It us readilt avaulable in capsule form in pmaces selling Thai herbal meds inclyding 7-11.

I have tried it a few times for inflammatory conditions. I did not notice any effect.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I bought it from an indian seller on Ebay (the thai stuff did not really work). The indian seller added black pepper. I can only say it works above expectation.

My dog could not walk was crying and could not get up. The vet was closed over songkran and so I gave him my supplements and there was immediate improvement. Now he can walk great again. There have been tests done that it is compatible to ibuprofen (scientific tests). But its good for a whole other range of stuff too.

The problem is that without black pepper the body has a lot of problems absorbing it.

My understanding is that turmeric is not readily "bio available"; that is, the compounds in turmeric break down too quickly to be of value. There are studies that purport that adding black pepper, which contains the alkaloid piperine which inhibits the metabolic breakdown of turmeric compounds. Furthermore, fats and and oils added will facilitate absorption from the gut.

I make a daily concoction using turmeric, black pepper and olive oil, adding boiling water. It's not unpleasant. I'm not neither a doctor or scientist, and can't offer evidence, but in my subjective experience after using this for two years, I no longer experience any discernible pain from inflammation in my knees and hips, something I've struggled with for years.

30 minutes ago, ChristianBlessing said:

There are studies that purport that adding black pepper, which contains the alkaloid piperine which inhibits the metabolic breakdown of turmeric compounds.

Funded by an Indian Pepper Growers Association.

Yeah turmeric is super healthy, I think the turmeric capsules would be more expensive, look in supermarkets to see if they sell fresh turmeric or ground turmeric. It has anti inflammatory properties, good to prevent colon cancer. 

On 4/19/2019 at 6:37 AM, Gecko123 said:

Fresh turmeric root is available in many fresh markets. Used some in a banana blossom curry on the stove now.

It grows very easily too in Thailand - a bit like ginger.

The important aspect of tumeric, is that only the ingredient curcumin is what reduces inflammation and benefits the body. So, there is no amount of tumeric you can ingest, that will be of any benefit. You have to take a tumeric supplement that has massive amount of curcumin. 

Why is turmeric good for you? There are several chemical compounds found in turmeric, known as curcuminoids. The active substance in turmeric is curcumin. Curcumin is what makes turmeric a “functional food, as defined by the Mayo Clinic" as “foods that have a potentially positive effect on health beyond basic nutrition.” These turmeric nutrients and vitamins help provide turmeric powder health benefits.

https://draxe.com/turmeric-curcumin-benefits/

“Curcuminoids only comprise a small part of turmeric,” she says. “If you want anti-inflammatory effects you need to get 500 to 1,000 milligrams of curcuminoids per day.”

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-food/turmeric-anti-inflammatory-dosage/

Just don't go for the IV treatment: Naturopathic Death From IV Turmeric

Jade Erick, 30, had eczema, which is a benign condition but can have a significant effect on quality of life. She sought treatment from a licensed health professional, someone who can legally call themselves a “doctor,” who is part of a state approved regulated profession.

[snip]

The result of his exciting treatment, according to the medical examiner, is that Jade Erick died.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:28 AM, robblok said:

I bought it from an indian seller on Ebay (the thai stuff did not really work). The indian seller added black pepper. I can only say it works above expectation.

My dog could not walk was crying and could not get up. The vet was closed over songkran and so I gave him my supplements and there was immediate improvement. Now he can walk great again. There have been tests done that it is compatible to ibuprofen (scientific tests). But its good for a whole other range of stuff too.

The problem is that without black pepper the body has a lot of problems absorbing it.

Hope you don't mind a question about your dog ?

Would it be be a German Shepherd or a Thai version of the same dog ?    Male or female ?
I am interested as to why it could not walk in the first place, as I am currently treating a Thai version that has DM ( degenerative myelopathy ).

Have used turmeric myself for stomach discomfort or as a simple warming drink in Thai Winter or helping with detox.

Archived