Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 May 2019 22:51
webfact

EC dismisses 20 poll fraud cases for insufficient evidence

Recommended Posts

EC dismisses 20 poll fraud cases for insufficient evidence

 

ballot-box.jpg

 

The Election Commission (EC) has dismissed about 20 cases of alleged election irregularities due to insufficient evidence, said EC deputy secretary-general Sawaeng Boonmee today.

 

However, speaking at a press conference after the EC’s meeting, he said the EC has ordered a recount of votes in 236 election units of Constituency 1 of Nakhon Pathom province and the early votes of voters who live outside the province, as well as overseas early votes from nine polling units.

 

The EC deputy secretary-general also said that the EC decided to hold a fresh election in Ban Duangdee village, in the southern province of Chumporn, on April 28th after it was proven that the number of voters who cast ballots did not match the number of ballot sheets counted. He said that voters in the village who failed to vote on March 24th will be allowed to vote next Sunday, failing that they will forfeit their voting rights.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ec-dismisses-20-poll-fraud-cases-for-insufficient-evidence/

 

 

thaipbs.jpg

 -- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder which parties actually won the contested seats that were considered to be suspect but dismissed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Wonder which parties actually won the contested seats that were considered to be suspect but dismissed?

I expect most of those being recounted or looked at will be non contentious areas where the winners are clear even with recounts for whoever party it does not matter. They are simply making a deal of doing recounts or re-votes here and there to make it look like they are diligently examining all allegations of wrong doing. They will then say voila and the votes all unchanged.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How much more will the Thais take ....?!

(Nothing, but NOTHING, will rouse this 70-million strong but battered nation - that much is now clear - and has been to some of us for a long time ....).

 

Edited by Eligius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eligius said:

How much more will the Thais take ....?!

(Nothing, but NOTHING, will rouse this 70-million strong but battered nation - that much is now clear - and has been to some of us for a long time ....).

 

Thailand, the hub of sheep

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I expect most of those being recounted or looked at will be non contentious areas where the winners are clear even with recounts for whoever party it does not matter. They are simply making a deal of doing recounts or re-votes here and there to make it look like they are diligently examining all allegations of wrong doing. They will then say voila and the votes all unchanged.

This is also what I think. They are pretending, carefully. Most of the local population is not equipped to figure it out, so it's likely to succeed at fooling them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...