Trump curses Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency'

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The comment clearly shows perception of guilt. He was not exonerated. Mueller intended to send the mountain of evidence to congress to let them decide as the justice department can't indict a tweeting president.

It isn't actionable through anything other than a fair election.

You might want to check with Lindsey Graham about that:

328965088_impeachmentgraham.JPG.8ce00c3bf3d07f653f35a23d28421e9d.JPG

Yes. Maybe it's time to let the CLEANSING begin. 

Impeachment may not be the best political decision for the democrats, but in the fullness of history, it still might be the right thing to do given how far the current president has dragged down that office down the toilet.

I'm not sure yet, but I think the appetite for impeachment in light of this massively damaging to "trump" report is likely to grow and grow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-conway-trump-is-a-cancer-on-the-presidency-congress-should-remove-him/2019/04/18/e75a13d8-6220-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html

George Conway: Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. Maybe it's time to let the CLEANSING begin. 

Impeachment may not be the best political decision for the democrats, but in the fullness of history, it still might be the right thing to do given how far the current president has dragged down that office down the toilet.

I'm not sure yet, but I think the appetite for impeachment in light of this massively damaging to "trump" report is likely to grow and grow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-conway-trump-is-a-cancer-on-the-presidency-congress-should-remove-him/2019/04/18/e75a13d8-6220-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html

I would react worse if I couldn't get A true Haas avcoda and they weighed my smoked salmon on the generous side.

1 hour ago, candide said:

The report does not state there was no intent, just that it could not be established for all cases. Barr said, that there were other motives than 'corrupt intent', suggesting that some type of intent may be corrupt and others not (?).

In the report, it is for example written that:

“substantial evidence” that the president’s attempts to fire him “were linked to the Special Counsel’s oversight of investigations that involved the President’s conduct — and, most immediately, to reports that the President was being investigated for potential obstruction of justice.”

Oooops! I made twice the same quote in my first post! Here's the other quote:

“Substantial evidence indicates that the President’s effort to have Sessions limit the scope of the Special Counsel’s investigation to future election interference was intended to prevent further investigative scrutiny of the President’s and his campaign’s conduct.”

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

I wasn't there to hear his comments, and perhaps you were not either. His is still the President and you are not. His sword seems to be in his scabbard, whilst your tiny dagger is making ineffective jabs at the illusive credibility monster. 

So if you don't personally witness something then it never happened?!? 55555!!!  Google "Delusional" then "Denial" and get a better grasp of your reality.

4 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Like any of us haven't expressed such things in what we consider a private exchange. I am going to be late for work I am truly <deleted>. lol

Once again, you failed to read the article and have taken it out of context.

Here's what REALLY frightens me. I downloaded the redacted report and started to read it. On the FIRST PAGE, paragraph two says "The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion." It explains further on down how there were "numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump campaign." Multiple people have gone to jail over this, Trump has been caught lying again and again and yet you Trump supporters STILL DEFEND HIM!  How much more will it take to make you realize he's evil? He is loading up his staff with sinister corporate CEO's hell bent on taking down the government and putting in its place a corporatocracy. If it only affected you supporters, I wouldn't care, but he's hurting the entire world! Truly shake my head in disbelief at the level of denial you people can muster up.

Yep. His hard core base is about 35 to 40 percent. It's very depressing and a horrible reflection on the USA that it is even that high. There really is nothing he could possibly do that would ever shake those people. Because of that, the USA is now in a state of soft civil war. The way out of that is still unclear.

Cryingdick is very misinformed about what constitutes obstruction. If an investigation doesn’t lead to indictments does NOT IMPLY that obstruction cannot have occurred. That should be obvious to anyone who bothers to devote an entire minute of thought to the issue. Maybe less.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Cryingdick is very misinformed about what constitutes obstruction. If an investigation doesn’t lead to indictments does NOT IMPLY that obstruction cannot have occurred. That should be obvious to anyone who bothers to devote an entire minute of thought to the issue. Maybe less.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

He openly admitted he's here for the LULZ. That's actually a big thing with the "trump" fans in general. So many don't really care about good governance. The entertainment value of watching "liberals" cringe is worth supporting the worst president in American history to them. 

2 hours ago, Monomial said:

It is really impossible to say exactly which way many states in the EC are going to fall. What is revealing though is the 2016 map by county.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg/1280px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png

Basically Trump won 84% of the geographic USA. Hillary only won in the dense cities. The problem with thinking the Mueller report is going to have any influence at all is that it is basically being ignored in the sea of red which represents the voting base of Trump.   Talking to people that live in cities is irrelevant. So we can debate swing states all day long, but if you really don't like Trump, you need to look carefully at that huge sea of red and figure out how to give them what they want. Trump did, and from what I can tell, his support in those areas has only increased.

So Trump, playing the PT Barnum card, appealed to the weak minded and naive by offering them that which they wanted...........more coal, protectionist measures and anything else that he felt would give him a vote, even if it meant harming the planet (global warming for example).

The Mueller report really does show that this man is a lying, scheming, narcissistic POS; oh and very dumb too

The four key takeaways from the Mueller report into Russian interference in US election………

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12223788

Trump's most frequent contribution to Mueller probe: 'I don't recall.'
In the past, Trump has touted his memory.
In June, speaking at a news conference in Singapore, he assured reporters that he didn't need notes about his conversation with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un because he has "one of the great memories of all time".

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12223740
REPORT DOES NOT PROVE "NO CRIMINAL CONDUCT OCCURRED"

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation was unable to "conclusively [determine] that no criminal conduct occurred."
Donald Trump ordered the removal of special counsel Robert Mueller after expressing fears the probe would "end" his presidency, according to the newly released Mueller report.
Trump called Don McGahn, at the time his White House counsel, after reports that he was personally being investigated by the probe and directed him to fire Mueller, according to the report.
The report recounts that when Mueller was appointed in May 2017, Trump said: "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm f*****."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12223725

What part of this don't you understand:

1 Mueller did not find evidence to suggest that anything Trump did rise to the level that would justify a criminal charge of conspiring or coordinating with Russia to interfere in the 2016 US presidential elections.

2  Mueller stated that on obstruction of justice,

‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him’.

The 2 year waste of money attempt to overthrow the officially elected President of the USA is over. Give it up all ready, there is nothing there and never was.

This was always a distraction created primary by the Clinton's and her supporters

5 hours ago, neeray said:

Trump is that alright (above quotation). This investigation, subsequent report, will just add to the most disgraceful legacy any president in the history of the United States of America has ever created for himself.

Finally we see all his dirty tricks and total disregard for the welfare of others AND his total contempt for the rule of law.

Add to that, one more (or many) failure. He couldn't even succeed in directing his own staff to break the law. They just ignored the direction from their Commander in Chief.

Well done Mueller. You did it with class and dignity; both are sadly lacking in the current administration.

You're just repeating the "Democratic losers rant!" Give me a real verified example of what makes you hate the man? The rhetoric is just crazy!

Inspite of this huge political attempt to overturn an election, he has done more for the economy, business, national defense and preservation of constitutional rights of any president since Ronald Reagan! 

It was not only Trump's staff and Cabinet that saved him from obstruction of justice but Mueller himself!

Mueller could have forced Trump into an interview under oath before a grand jury instead of settling for written responses (largely by Trump's attorneys).

It's said the reason was that Mueller determined that his office lacked the authority to charge a sitting president with a crime. https://www.thenation.com/article/mueller-report-obstruction-trump/

But Mueller's charge was not to charge the president for crimes but to discern the truth behind Trump's actions after during the 2016 election and after becoming president.

Hey Xylophone;

Probably not the best idea to call people "naive and weak minded" if you are trying to persuade them to see your point of view.  This is the best strategy the Democrats could use, IF they want Trump to be re-elected. It's kinda hard to insult people and then ask for their vote!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm <deleted>."

but he had nothing to hide or to worry about.... why did he said it?

12 minutes ago, rocketman777 said:

Mueller stated that on obstruction of justice,

‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him’.

Direct copy and paste from the Mueller report:

"substantial  evidence  supports McGahn's account that the President had directed  him to have the Special Counsel removed,  [emphasis from me] including  the timing and context  of the President's directive; the manner  in which McGahn  reacted ; and the fact that the President  had been told the conflicts  were insubstantial,  were being considered by the Department of  Justice,  and  should  be raised  with  the  President's personal  counsel  rather  than  brought  to McGahn.   In addition,  the President's subsequent denials  that he had told  McGahn  to have the Special Counsel  removed  were carefully  worded.   When first asked  about  the New York Times story, the President said, "Fake  news, folks.  Fake news.  A typical New York Times fake story." And when the President  spoke  with McGahn  in the Oval Office,  he focused  on whether  he had used the word "fire," saying, "I never said to fire Mueller.  I never said 'fire"' and "Did I say the word  'fire'?"  The President's assertion  in the Oval  Office  meeting  that  he had never  directed McGahn  to have the Special  Counsel  removed thus runs counter to the evidence."

Trump lies as easily as he breathes. There are still 14 other investigations ongoing at this time, and the redactions are almost as good as not being omitted when you look at the before and after context. The Manafort pardon text is HEAVILY redacted and is still hanging over Trump's head. Trump is nowhere NEAR out of the woods, regardless of the lies that spew from his orange face, and SDNY will have their go at him once he's ousted in 2020.

It is really impossible to say exactly which way many states in the EC are going to fall. What is revealing though is the 2016 map by county.

1280px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png&key=590668ff372ff92b66d678fd9843e52d6823ba0ea362ce56a6ba4fee1ad1b2d4

Basically Trump won 84% of the geographic USA. Hillary only won in the dense cities. The problem with thinking the Mueller report is going to have any influence at all is that it is basically being ignored in the sea of red which represents the voting base of Trump.   Talking to people that live in cities is irrelevant. So we can debate swing states all day long, but if you really don't like Trump, you need to look carefully at that huge sea of red and figure out how to give them what they want. Trump did, and from what I can tell, his support in those areas has only increased.

Misinformation/ Hillary won the popular vote by over 5 million votes True, Trump won the rigged electoral votes. Trump supporters remind me of the “Red Shirt” voters in Thailand that were easily influenced by corrupt Thaksin family because of their ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

People are forgetting the full Trump quote with the F-bomb. Clearly he was referring to his ability to govern effectively. To quote from the same paragraph of the Report;

Trump: "Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency . It takes years and years and I won 't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

He was worried that he couldn't carry out his agenda, not about whether or not there was collusion. 

Archived