Rain, how much longer are we going to have to wait?

steve2112

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this post was specific to Phuket but the nation as a whole appears to now be devoid of those seasonal magic things the government use to crow about.

You know those totally useless rain making planes whose only substantive achievement was to increase the air pollution.

Anybody seen them ? are they hidden away somewhere ? did they actually ever exist ? any body got videos of the specific Thai planes flying around being followed by rain clouds ?

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

I know this post was specific to Phuket but the nation as a whole appears to now be devoid of those seasonal magic things the government use to crow about.

You know those totally useless rain making planes whose only substantive achievement was to increase the air pollution.

Anybody seen them ? are they hidden away somewhere ? did they actually ever exist ? any body got videos of the specific Thai planes flying around being followed by rain clouds ?

They are not needed now that there is article 44.

11 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

The water table in Phuket must be so toxic right now.  All those years of mining tailings now distilled down into the last remaining drops of artesian water.

Yeah , hardly anyone living here these days!

1 hour ago, Tomahawk21 said:

go live in England or Ireland then.

There's a big difference between a spectacular thunder storm to relieve the heat of the day in the tropics,  and a cold, grey, dreary, miserable country that also has crap weather.  

On 4/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, hansgruber said:

Things are getting serious. We have no water left, well bone dry. 

Contacted every water company I can find. Some say 6 day queue. Some say no water at all. Hotels are getting priority. 

One truck company said 3000 baht for 5000 litres but need to wait 3 days in their queue. 

Looks like it's time to check into a hotel room. Unbelievable. 

Edit: just read this. Local government now admits to shortages. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phukets-water-supply-in-a-critical-situation

First time I've heard the term water lords. Lol. 

Here in Chonburi we haven't been in that position for about 4 years. Up until then our dry season would start in November and end around May, wells would normally run dry in March and then it was a case of hoping the rain would come before the stored water ran out. In the last 4 years the dry season has been broken up by spells of rain which has kept the wells going. Climate change?

Unfortunately what rain we are getting is driving up the humidity but insufficient to bring down the temperature. Shade temperature on the verandah is around 40 most days.

21 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Tread very carefully, that was one of King Bhumibol's projects.

The power has just come back on after that violent thunderstorm. The pool has gone from low to near overflowing in the last couple of hours. Some very close lightning strikes had the dogs terrified and trying to climb into our bed, Shepherd X, so no room.,

When it started I was hoping for enough rain for the parched garden to get a drink, not get flooded out. 

I guess the drought is over.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:21 PM, Badrabbit said:

Went passed the underpass at 6am, all looked okay, didn't look into tunnel though so could have been flooded.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are they ever going to finish that thing? And when it's done will it actually do anything to improve traffic flow? Or was it just a major inconvenience for everyone in Rawai and the south island for years? Don't bother mentioning the brown envelopes! LOL!

Are they ever going to finish that thing? And when it's done will it actually do anything to improve traffic flow? Or was it just a major inconvenience for everyone in Rawai and the south island for years? Don't bother mentioning the brown envelopes! LOL!
Supposed to be finished sometime in May, I've heard they are going to be resurfacing the roads this week so expect a nightmare hopefully the last nightmare!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived