Rain, how much longer are we going to have to wait?

steve2112

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Going by Ventusky, the rain should start again today and keep coming for at least a week.

Looks good, hopefully a good, long, soaking rain with a heavy downpour every few hours.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much rain last night, but the wind knocked power out in Kamala around 830. Not sure when it came back on, I managed to doze off in a pool of sweat. ????

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

Yeah, the thread was being totally derailed, nobody could keep up with it...????

6 hours ago, beechbum said:

Big down pour here last night

Yes it certainly was,I often wonder if it rains like that elsewhere?

Just drove around the Bang Wat dam in Kathu this afternoon and it is still virtually empty.

The pump intake is stranded on the bottom of the dam surrounded by dry soil and green grass.

Worth a look if you are around that way.

14 hours ago, Patong2 said:

Just drove around the Bang Wat dam in Kathu this afternoon and it is still virtually empty.

The pump intake is stranded on the bottom of the dam surrounded by dry soil and green grass.

That's a surprise to me.

If weather cooperates I'll be there this Sunday for a walk, I'm curious now.

15 hours ago, Patong2 said:

The surrounding grounds will still be dry. Needs weeks of rain to saturate and run off  into the dam. 

14 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The surrounding grounds will still be dry. Needs weeks of rain to saturate and run off  into the dam. 

Agreed.   The khlong behind our house is slowly filling from it's previous bone dry state   More absorption at the moment rather than the slow evaporation once the sub soil becomes saturated.

22 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

will be interesting to see how this recent spate of rain will affect the dam levels - if someone goes for a walk pls take an image to share.....

I also noticed that the lake/reservoir next to the mining museum has increased in level significantly, although I am sure this was due to an external source being pumped into or filling form another reservoir 

Archived