Help needed on dates for my first 1 year extension of stay

When to go for my first extension of stay based on retirement?

I have my permit to stay stamp in my passport (via my O-A visa), admitted until 8 July 2019.

My next 90 day report is due 30 June 2019.

Posts on this forum have been very helpful and so I think I have everything necessary, I have had over 800,000 baht in my Thai bank for a few months already and have made notes of other requirements, so below assumes I am granted the extension.

My query is:-

If I go to immigration to apply for my 1 year extension of stay based on retirement on 11 June 2019 will the 1 year start on 9 July 2019?

Also will being granted a 1 year extension of stay reset my 90 day reporting?  If not then I believe that I can go for my 90 day report up to 1 week early so not before 24 June 2019?

I am considering applying for my extension of stay on 25 June (depending on my queries below) so that I can do the 90 day reporting at the same time (if necessary) but ideally would like to do sooner just in case there is a problem.

Thank you in advance

Keith

You can apply for your extension up to 30 days prior to the due date. (45 days at some offices).

You can make your 90 day report up to 14 days prior to the due date.

You could therefore make your 90 day report and an extension application on the same visit anytime from 17th June.

Your extension will start from 8th July.

Your next 90 day report will be due 90 days from the previous report, unless they reset the date due to the new extension. The 90 day receipt will advise the next due report date.

• Like 1

Has your OA visa expired? If not you could get a new entry before it expires and not have to do an extension for another year or more.

You extension will start form the date your current permit to stay ends. You can apply up to 30 days early.

Your extension application will not reset your 90 day reporting date unless immigration does a new report for you.

You can do your 90 day report up to 15 days early if you want to.

• Thanks 1

Tanoshi and Ubonjoe, thank you so much for your good and quick replies

I thought I could do the 90 day report 14 or 15 days before but for some reason i had 1 week written down, thank you both for confirming it is 2 weeks.

I will do as you suggest Tanoshi and go on the 17th or maybe 18th of June, to save going twice.

My OA visa has expired, I did as you suggest ubonjoe, I had a holiday in Vietnam with my girlfriend just before it expired. So I am very pleased that I have been able to get nearly 2 year stay from my OA visa. I had help in the past from you on this forum.

Thank you both again

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith5588 said:

If I go to immigration to apply for my 1 year extension of stay based on retirement on 11 June 2019 will the 1 year start on 9 July 2019?

Yes. Day 1 of the extension will be July 9th. The last day being July 8th 2020.

Also will being granted a 1 year extension of stay reset my 90 day reporting? 

Not usually. However, sometimes they will reset and give you a new report date/slip.

They might do in your case as it’s your first extension application.

If not then I believe that I can go for my 90 day report up to 1 week early so not before 24 June 2019?

June 16th is the earliest date you can report, but as that’s a Sunday the 17th will be the first day you can actually report. The last day you can report without being fined is July 5th.

So you can make a 90 day report and apply for an extension on the same day between June 17th and July 5th.

Thanks elviajero,

I am now thinking that if they do not reset my 90 day reporting then I will wait until they tell me when I need to see them again to prove I still have the 800,000 baht in my bank account, then I will choose when to do my 90 day report (possibly 6 days after it is due) to try to save a journey.

Anyway that is not important, you have all answered my queries.

Thank you

Keith

6 minutes ago, Keith5588 said:

I am now thinking that if they do not reset my 90 day reporting then I will wait until they tell me when I need to see them again to prove I still have the 800,000 baht in my bank account, then I will choose when to do my 90 day report (possibly 6 days after it is due) to try to save a journey.

Not all offices are giving a date to return for them to check the 800k baht is still in the bank.

Some have told people it will be checked when they apply for their next extension of stay.

9 minutes ago, Keith5588 said:

Thanks elviajero,

Anyway that is not important, you have all answered my queries.

Thank you

Keith

You’re going to be making a report anyway so they will give you the next reporting date, which should be 90 days from the day you report/apply for the extension.

So far, I believe, it’s only Jomtien office that are asking to see bank books after 3 months. It might become a general requirement, but as it stands it appears Jomtien are being officious.

Edited by elviajero