Man charged after stabbing Australian tourist in Phang Nga

webfact

Man charged after stabbing Australian tourist in Phang Nga

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__13459481.jpg

A man has been charged after stabbing an Australian tourist who sustained serious injuries in Phang Nga yesterday.

The Khao Lak Police were notified that the Australian man sustained injuries after being stabbed at a bar in Takua Pa, Phang Nga last evening.

The injured man is 44 year old Australian tourist William Mark Wayne. He was rushed to Takua Pa Hospital where he is now recovering after doctors were able to stem the bleeding. He is currently in a stable condition.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phang-nga/man-charged-after-stabbing-australian-tourist-in-phang-nga

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-19

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australian stabbed 12 times trying to protect Thai woman

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1555656552_1.jpg

Australian Wayne William Marks lies on the floor with multiple stab wounds at Monster’s Bar in Khao Lak. Photo: Phang Nga Tourist Police

PHANG NGA: An Australian man is recovering in hospital after he was stabbed multiple times following an altercation at a bar in Phang Nga in the early hours of Thursday morning (Apr 18).

Maj Charan Srisarak of Khao Lak Police Station, who was notified of the incident at about 12:50am, explained that investigations revealed that the suspect, 24-year-old Chanin Intharong, had parked his motorbike outside Monster’s Bar in Khao Lak as the bar was preparing to close.

He got off the motorbike and approached a woman at the bar who was sitting with two men, one of whom was Australian, Wayne William Marks, 44.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/australian-stabbed-12-times-trying-to-protect-thai-woman-71143.php#E54YqqDLgtd85izW.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-19

“Chanin was taken to Khao Lak Police Station where he admitted to the stabbing but claimed he did it in self-defence,” Maj Charan reported.

Self-defence?
He stabbed the australian 12 times
What a rubbish.

Hope the stabber does not get only a 500 Baht penalty.
That's more of a murder attempt and serious assault.
Prison sentence is definitely appropriate here.

Title should be:  "THAI man attempted to KILL Australian." 

People otherwise could believe that it's only farangs doing crime. (Thank you BIG JOKE!)

But then again: Thai murderers and rapists are very busy this season.

2 hours ago, tlandtday said:

That'll be 500 baht.

Every time a Thai is arrested someone will give the exact same comment.  How about something new and poetic.  BTW, there are nearly 400,000 Thais in prison right now who obviously didn't get away with a five hundred baht fine.

After coming here for 5 years for my holidays this place, and i meen Thailand as a whole country needs to be avoided, the junta government  have sown the seed into the Thai populations heads that the only good tourists are chinese, well the way its going thats all that will be coming soon, and bars will shut and go go places, massage shops, street hookers wont have customers, as we all know chinese only come on conducted tours, they dont patronise bars and all the rest i mentioned, nor do they go to street food shops and cafe,s. keep it up Thais as that was just another nail in the tourism coffin. for the first time in 5 years my mates and me are going to Cambodia, clean women and friendly people, not false friendly, where farang tourists are very welcomed.

15 minutes ago, johng50 said:

After coming here for 5 years for my holidays this place, and i meen Thailand as a whole country needs to be avoided, the junta government  have sown the seed into the Thai populations heads that the only good tourists are chinese, well the way its going thats all that will be coming soon, and bars will shut and go go places, massage shops, street hookers wont have customers, as we all know chinese only come on conducted tours, they dont patronise bars and all the rest i mentioned, nor do they go to street food shops and cafe,s. keep it up Thais as that was just another nail in the tourism coffin. for the first time in 5 years my mates and me are going to Cambodia, clean women and friendly people, not false friendly, where farang tourists are very welcomed.

Whatever you're imbibing, give it up!

Quite frankly, Thailand and all the decent foreign people who live ain't gonna miss piss-head farang sex tourists. 

Other Asian countries are gonna move towards the quality, family oriented tourists too. 

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Did they impound the attacker his car and phone and auction it as a start for the financial compensation to the victim or doesn’t that work that way around?

Farang have money, farang pay.

Not so long ago an American attacked and killed an Australian in a bar in Pattaya. AFAIK that American, who'd served a previous sentence in the US for murder, is back home in the US. Nothing happened to him for the crime here.

Why do people think a fight in a bar where some Australian intervenes and gets cut for his trouble will have a different outcome for the perp?

Archived