Man charged after stabbing Australian tourist in Phang Nga

webfact

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Its getting more violent by the day Thai's know they will only pay 500 Baht down the cop shop

Can you give a single example of a local stabbing a tourist and being fined 500 baht? Just one. TV fiction.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, johng50 said:

After coming here for 5 years for my holidays this place, and i meen Thailand as a whole country needs to be avoided, the junta government  have sown the seed into the Thai populations heads that the only good tourists are chinese,

Rubbish. You think the average thai has been brainwashed by the government? Most of them don’t even like the junta.

well the way its going thats all that will be coming soon, and bars will shut and go go places, massage shops, street hookers wont have customers, as we all know chinese only come on conducted tours, they dont patronise bars and all the rest

We all know that Chinese don’t go get massages or go to gogos?

More rubbish, when was the last time you were in a gogo? Plenty of Chinese in gogos.

And they do patron bars, not trashy beer bars, but more likely to be found in nightclubs (more expensive) like Hollywood in Pattaya etc. and renting the more attractive white skinned freelancers, as opposed to the little dark skinned fat screeching midgets found in beer bars.

They are less likely than the farangs to walk around the streets holding hands and taking the hookers out to movies, for meals etc though.

I would think the general thai population wouldn’t miss street hookers targeting farangs. They won’t be missed.

i mentioned, nor do they go to street food shops and cafe,s.

Where are you getting this information? Take a look around. They are everywhere. 

keep it up Thais as that was just another nail in the tourism coffin. for the first time in 5 years my mates and me are going to Cambodia, clean women and friendly people, not false friendly, where farang tourists are very welcomed.

Clean women?? You are talking about the prostitutes right. That will make a big dent in the 40,000,000 tourists.

Nail in the tourist coffin? 5555555555555555

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Self defence against what??  The Australian media will love this story.

I doubt they would bother reporting this scuffle. But will concede I am wrong if you can provide a link.

An Aussie stabbed to death a Thai in pHuket on Saturday. Much more serious (dead), I don’t think they bothered with that either.

18 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

“Chanin was taken to Khao Lak Police Station where he admitted to the stabbing but claimed he did it in self-defence,” Maj Charan reported.

Self-defence?
He stabbed the australian 12 times
What a rubbish.

Hope the stabber does not get only a 500 Baht penalty.
That's more of a murder attempt and serious assault.
Prison sentence is definitely appropriate here.

Meanwhile ..

An Australian expat was arrested in the early hours of this morning after he stabbed to death a member of staff outside of the Tai Pan nightclub in Patong.

At about 12:30am rescue workers who were called to the scene gave the victim, Sanya Khlueawaengmon, 25, an employee at Tai Pan from Lopburi, CPR and rushed him to Patong hospital where he died of his injuries.

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It's high time some of the embassies around the world started to say openly to tourists maybe you should think of a new holiday destination... murders, rapes, stabbings, death on the roads.. it's the only way thing will ever change here !

Many have tried but nobody is listening least of all embassies incl Thai embassies. People have protested outside the Thai embassy in Germany and elsewhere complaining that no action has been taken regarding their missing relatives in Thailand.

Mostly elderly Europeans who move to NE Thailand with a wife never to be seen again.

No one cares about these foreign men. When Yingluck was PM a murder investigation could be filed away for 100k baht. Case closed.

Farangs go to prison here because the police bribes can be massive and unobtainable for most. Thais who stab farangs don't have to pay much which is why so few Thais serve time for crimes against farangs. I doubt if its only 500 b though. Maybe 7000 b.

Thais will go to jail if no baht is put on the table pronto.

Thailand is BAHT.

"“Mr Marks is in a stable condition now; he was released from the ICU room last night and remains at the hospital. I have not interviewed him yet as he needs to rest,” Maj Charan added."

Whose going to pay for that hospital bill? I wonder how many insurance companies providing travel insurance would deny the claim as the insured was a victim of an attack that he could have walked away from?  

15 minutes ago, connda said:

"“Mr Marks is in a stable condition now; he was released from the ICU room last night and remains at the hospital. I have not interviewed him yet as he needs to rest,” Maj Charan added."

Whose going to pay for that hospital bill? I wonder how many insurance companies providing travel insurance would deny the claim as the insured was a victim of an attack that he could have walked away from?  

It should be the attacker should it not?

1 hour ago, connda said:

Medicare

46 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It should be the attacker should it not?

This Is Thailand....  The courts could make the attacker culpable, but the hospital will go after the victim for the bill.  The victim will go after the attacker for the settlement, and the attacker will walk away and ignore everyone and not pay a satang.

19 hours ago, johng50 said:

for the first time in 5 years my mates and me are going to Cambodia, clean women and friendly people, not false friendly, where farang tourists are very welcomed.

Ok. Learn some Khmer. You'll soon learn those "friendly" Phnom Penh tuk-tuk drivers are openly insulting you after you refuse a ride.

21 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Slap on the hands and off you go.

Nothing will happen.

The farang is not dead (yet) so the tourist numbers are not going down.

Get used to this here, its life in the land of smiles..every dam day....

23 hours ago, Ulic said:

First rule, don't interfere with a fight between Thais, especially men and women. 

Agreed but at one's table it is pretty hard not to... this is not a typical non interference situation.... my advice in this situation is to grab the neck of an empty beer bottle and prepare to do battle if necessary.... either that or simply cold cock the mother frigger put his lights out then leave...

On 4/19/2019 at 9:24 AM, AAArdvark said:

there are nearly 400,000 Thais in prison right now who obviously didn't get away with a five hundred baht fine

Most of them are people who smoked maryjane or popped some pills....

On 4/21/2019 at 5:26 AM, Vacuum said:

Most of them are people who smoked maryjane or popped some pills....

I would not call it popped some pills when yaba is the most common drug and everyday many news about drug crazed people kill or stabb/shot family members and randoms.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Did they impound the attacker his car and phone and auction it as a start for the financial compensation to the victim or doesn’t that work that way around?

Does it work that way anywhere?

45 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Does it work that way anywhere?

Sure in the rare case a foreigner beats an innocent Thai male in the hospital than for sure the foreigner will pay all his hospital bills his lawyers bills, hefty fines and a jail sentence .

other-way round that fact is less common..

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Sure in the rare case a foreigner beats an innocent Thai male in the hospital than for sure the foreigner will pay all his hospital bills his lawyers bills, hefty fines and a jail sentence .

other-way round that fact is less common..

What?

So they don't "impound the attacker his car and phone and auction it as a start for the financial compensation to the victim", anywhere, as you seemed to suggest happens.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What?

So they don't "impound the attacker his car and phone and auction it as a start for the financial compensation to the victim", anywhere, as you seemed to suggest happens.

If he doesn’ pay he will stay inside much longer so if the foreigner has a car and no cash he will sell his car but with a local it all works differently because he will be out on some bail immediately thats the difference...

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

If he doesn’ pay he will stay inside much longer so if the foreigner has a car and no cash he will sell his car but with a local it all works differently because he will be out on some bail immediately thats the difference...

So they don't "impound the attacker his car and phone and auction it as a start for the financial compensation to the victim", anywhere, as you seemed to suggest happens?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

So they don't "impound the attacker his car and phone and auction it as a start for the financial compensation to the victim", anywhere, as you seemed to suggest happens?

If the local claims to have no money then they should impound his car as a deposit for the farang victim his medical and lawyer bills  and damage compensation ect!

In other words now financially u will be much better of getting stabbed by a foreigner here than by a local.

Archived