20 drunk drivers arrested in Sattahip

Rimmer

20 drunk drivers arrested in Sattahip

image.png

SATTAHIP:--Sattahip police announced the arrest of 20 drunk drivers during Songkran.

All were male and all tested 60-190 mg range. Pol. Col. Charothorn Prempree, Superintendent of Sattahip Police Station said the arrests were made at a KM.1 Junction checkpoint outside Sattahip Market.

The drunk drivers were charged with drunk driving and their motorcycles were seized. They face imprisonment, fine, or both.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-19--

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

we we all know they will face NOTHING, a  small fine, get ya bike back, then same same, only it will not get reported <snip>

Not entirely true. Son of a Friend got busted for Drink Driving on a Motobike a while ago at night. Had to stay the night in jail, morning go to Court and his Fine (because first offense) was 3000 THB. If he is caught the 2nd time it will be much harder and also has to do community service. !

15 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Not entirely true. Son of a Friend got busted for Drink Driving on a Motobike a while ago at night. Had to stay the night in jail, morning go to Court and his Fine (because first offense) was 3000 THB. If he is caught the 2nd time it will be much harder and also has to do community service. !

thought they sent drunks on a re hab course ???

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

thought they sent drunks on a re hab course ???

Not for first offenders AFAIK ! I could be that is the community service my wife mentioned when they get caught the 2nd time (could be a mistranslation on my part ???? )

2 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

should this not read 200  !!!! 

They only arrested the drivers, it was hard to determine who actually  was driving and which of the other nine on the motorcycle were simply passengers. 

Archived