7-11 Thai only ?

ginjag

2 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Cant imagine why 7 does not allow foreign passport ID in applications. Maybe its just too complicated and not worth the trouble to integrate another ID method.

Exactly

almost all poison food sold at 7/11.

water, coconut water, bananas, eggs and boiled eggs, maybe canned fish. maybe a few other things are OK. Even the Meiji Whey protein drink has sugar.

everything else is processed meat or full of sugar or is mostly white rice. 

great for small condoms at all hours.

Small condoms ?

5 hours ago, ginjag said:

Oh dear, I am no that dense, 39 years from the first time,  but was only aware of the said topic point last week, only a good friend in 7-11 pointed out the fact.  It is no big deal to me for scrimping to save 5 baht.  it was that it was another place that practices the racist thing.

Maybe it is not so much "for Thais only", but maybe their software can only operate with the Thai alphabet and doesn't have the capacity to enter English Language names.

3 hours ago, donim said:

At 7eleven it is the chip on the cards that make this an issue.

Only the Thai ID for nationals has these chips.  Driving licenses and the pink Thai ID for non-nationals dont bear any chip.

It is not 7eleven to blame, but the CP company for not investing in the right IT system, the computer only accept inserted cards. Even Thais with a old ID card or show up with the house book are denied.

At 7 you cannot register your SIM card, but at the Provider Service Stores it can. So, it is not the product but the computer software.

By the way, it is not only this issue but also Top up mobile for AIS is not available anymore at CP chains.

Thais have to go elsewere too.

I got my 7card years ago, bought it and it came with gifts.

Now the 7card is promotional free, (allmember) but need register along with your phonenumber.

You can just enter your phonenumber, or give the ALLmember card, to get the points/discounts.

The old 7cards had the same, they need to be re-registered to continue use.

(I used a Thai ID card from GF, but my name and phonenumber is still in the system)

Difference between these card is that the old card can carry credits and store points, and the new allmember is just for the points.

Blame the IT system.

Rgds,

Wow, the last thing I was expecting to see here was a logical common sense post!  Well done sir.

I can't believe the people who scream "racist" about something so trivial, and clearly not racist.  And when nobody buys more than a couple of bottles of water / beer and a few snacks in 7-Eleven who can be bothered to sign up for a loyalty program anyway and what are they really expecting to get out of it??  Even if it required no ID at all I couldn't be bothered.

So so many people on here have such a paranoid outlook on things.

More posts like yours please.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's right my wife shops there for me, not everything sold there is bad for you, what a lot of silly comments.

OK water and a banana , the rest of it is processed food and drinks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

When I can pull up a Youtube of a guy taking a regular sized condom, putting it completely over his head and inflating it through his nose to the size of a 4' long watermelon, I have to conclude that selling large/ x-large ones is an ego/marketing thing.

still, they are extremely uncomfortable to pull on,

uncomfortable to wear, only covers 1/3rd,

and generally that horribly off turning that i never had an orgasm with it and wont ever bother again

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ginjag said:

Agree with you about the ice cream, it was the fact that an international company would bar non Thais.  savings was irrelevant.

I think you might find that only the name is international. Ownership and operation is otherwise autonomous.

15 hours ago, ginjag said:

..Me thinking 7-11 is international and have every customer at heart. 

???????????? Your first mistake!

12 hours ago, uhuh said:

Seriously:

1. Almost all "food" that you can buy at 7/11 is not healthy. I cannot imagine that anybody doesn't know this. 

Guess you've not looked close:

Organic yogurt, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, fresh bananas, seaweed chips, dehydrated fruits no sugar added, organic soy milk, flouride-free water.

I stocked up for a flight and was surprised at how much decent stuff I could find. You ever noticed how there often is a fresh fruit stand near a 7/11? Goes great with the bio yogurt.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

almost all poison food sold at 7/11.

water, coconut water, bananas, eggs and boiled eggs, maybe canned fish. maybe a few other things are OK. 

It's the same thing as shopping at a grocery store: all processed foods are less healthy. 

You choose your fate.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Not healthy , the yoghurt they sell is full of sugar.
They do not sell Yolida natural yoghurt, have to go to Big C or any supermarket for that. 

They do sell bio yogurt- in plain, coconut, and strawberry. Lactose-free.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

When I can pull up a Youtube of a guy taking a regular sized condom, putting it completely over his head and inflating it through his nose to the size of a 4' long watermelon, I have to conclude that selling large/ x-large ones is an ego/marketing thing.

I absolutely agree, I was convinced I needed to use old truck innertubes for many years and once I discovered that the Xlarge ones stretch to an inside diameter of 9"WX16"L, I was a lot more comfortable, even though a bit cramped......

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They usually don't even realize it's racism so if you complain about it you're the bad guy.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe the 7-11 common staff don't think of it that way, but surely the CP group does as educated and worldly as they are. On the other note if you do say they are racist, then it is a possible option for them to sue you for defamation. Their Trump card.

It's quite possible that the "flash of cash" by the west in decades past and brag by countries who make statements like "we are the greatest country in the world" has influenced Asia to relieve the west of some of their wad.

22 hours ago, ginjag said:

Subject  7-11 shopping.   Shopping here and noticing price reductions if you apply for a member card,  So I applied, they refused my application , as only THAIS can be a member.

I will only shop now for emergency.   after near 30 years shopping here, disgusting discrimination.

How many foreigners do you think would apply for such a card in Thailand? And how many Thais?

I guess the foreigners are best case 1% of the people who apply, probably a lot less.

Now if you would be the responsible manager would you spend lots of resources for the 1%?

Translation to English, English forms with "English" names, maybe passport numbers which don't fit the Thai ID number system, and and and.

It would be a lot of work for them to do this. Why should they do it?

Anybody can buy in 7/11 without a member card. And I will continue to go there because it's convenient - that the whole idea.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Try using an asian size condom instead of a regular size condom (assuming you are regular sized) and report back how it felt ????

We get some strange, even disturbing replies off topic now ...the topic has changed from refusing to give member card for whatever reason to NOW  small sized condoms. Some posters implying they are not big enough for their penis...OMG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ginjag said:

after near 30 years shopping here, disgusting discrimination

it took you 30-years go figure this out????

30- Y          E           A             R              S????????

Quick test.   Our Planet is called.......  A.  Apple.    B.  BlahBlah     C. Earth 

It's not the first time 7-11 has been in the news for dodgy dealings. Bluesofa has highlighted awful stuff in the past.

i think it's time for the 'Thai Discrimination Bureau' (TDB) to get involved. That would send shivers down the spines of the 7-11 double-standard lot.

Edited by owl sees all