7-11 Thai only ?

ginjag

3 hours ago, Nemises said:

Correct.
And if you don’t like it, don’t shop there. Better still, go home so we’re all spared of your whining over a couple of Baht discount to which you’re not entitled to as a foreigner.

And thats coming from a man living in ....wait for it.....downtown Boston !

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, ginjag said:

Ridiculous post,  the money savings was not the topic, it was scheme that should not bar any customer,  OR the poster was Joking, or he couldn't think of a more silly answer.   FACT

The topic was being informative, but we always get the keyboard tinkler that cannot resist being OFF the point

Ridiculous topic.

You are getting into a strop because you are not entitled to something you don't want or

won't use.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

7 11 should stop polluting the world with all the plastic..  do you know thier plastic straws are plastic wrapped. save the fish

All good and well as long as they keep on handing out small plastic spoons wrapped in plastic for their duplicable yogurts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

7 11 should stop polluting the world with all the plastic..  do you know thier plastic straws are plastic wrapped. save the fish

Of course, otherwise the plastic taste would fall out. ????

I prefer the plastic wrapped, or at least paper wrapped at some places.

No bare naked straws for me, you don't know where the cashiers has put their

fingers in just before servicing you, obviously not in Yoghurt.

The wrappers will eventually end up as ties, so a second purpose for them.

Rgds,

I very much doubt there is any policy that limits 7-11 membership card to Thais.

What there will be, though, is a mandatory field for ID number.

If you have a pink Thai ID card should be no problem and as soon as they see your ID card they'll be fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donim said:

Of course, otherwise the plastic taste would fall out. ????

I prefer the plastic wrapped, or at least paper wrapped at some places.

No bare naked straws for me, you don't know where the cashiers has put their

fingers in just before servicing you, obviously not in Yoghurt.

???? Now this was fun!

Straws are nasty in general. Cheap toxic plastics we suck our food through like idiots.

Edited by Happystance

54 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I very much doubt there is any policy that limits 7-11 membership card to Thais.

If you have a pink Thai ID card should be no problem and as soon as they see your ID card they'll be fine.

The current application process for the 7-11 All Member card requires that the applicant present a Thai national ID smart card which contains all required information to create a new member. 

get the wife to apply.... and then heads down bums up, busy building up a discount from every 16baht 3in1 coffee...

take a lifetime, what when the coffee is my most-bought thing there

aren't those little square paper lick stickers  collected, more value anyway?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Had the same thought, and at most places this is true.

Unfortunately at the 7eleven they said the computer only accept data from a smartcard with chip.

No manually entering of ID number.

And the pink Thai ID for non-nationals has not a chip.

Not long ago it was possible to enter the ID manually, application was done on paper same as FamiliMart (central group) . But with the new technology and readers at the stores, a chip is needed.

The same obstruction is for Thais with old ID cards, broken chips, driving licenses or trying to register with their house registration.

Time for the government to issue pink Thai ID cards for non-nationals WITH chip. Problem solved.

Rgds,

• Like 1

Had the same thought, and at most places this is true.

Unfortunately at the 7eleven they said the computer only accept data from a smartcard with chip.
No manually entering of ID number.
And the pink Thai ID for non-nationals has not a chip.

Not long ago it was possible to enter the ID manually, application was done on paper same as FamiliMart (central group) . But with the new technology and readers at the stores, a chip is needed.
The same obstruction is for Thais with old ID cards, broken chips, driving licenses or trying to register with their house registration.

Time for the government to issue pink Thai ID cards for non-nationals WITH chip. Problem solved.

Rgds,

Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, uhuh said:

Which 7 sells water melons? 

I know they sell different things in different places (like different sizes of condoms), but water melons?

Make that at least 3 stores in the On Nut/Prakhanong area.

7/11 at corner of sukhumwit 81 also sells watermelons :

20190424_211449.jpg

Seeing how everything is made around here I guess most 'racism' comes from laziness, lack of vision, lack of skill if 'engineers' and staffs :

- Don't read/write english

- Don't think foreigners can be anything other than tourists

- Don't support any id format other than Thai

- Think everything can be written in Thai

- Don't want to deal with the paperwork that any interaction with a foreigner seems to need in LOS

I am not saying that there is no blatant discrimination and very ignorant people all around, but you may be misplacing bad intentions in the mind of some local system designers.

if it bothers you that much, maybe write to the head office about it, Bangkok post etc.

Writing on here won't do anything.

A few years ago I complained about a supermarket's policy over something. Went onto their website and copied the relevant blurb that the company had written, and then explained how the company's actions contradicted with that.

A few days later someone from head office contacted me and spoke to me about it. Companies do listen if enough people make the point. They make money from customers ATEOTD.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:01 PM, scorecard said:

I'm sure that's meaning small because they would be cheaper rather than small in terms of their 'coverage'.

nah, he meant small condoms

when I first got here a few years ago, I bought 3-4 small boxes of 3 condoms and I think they were 90 baht per box (the pink "Love" box) - so 30 baht EACH.

they were indeed too short and felt tight, not fun at all. I gave all of them away to the motorbike taxi guys, they were pleased.

went home, got online on Condom Depot and bought a box of 504 condoms and paid 66$ with free shipping (2100 baht, so ±4 baht each)

funny fact, Crown Skinless Skin condoms are made here in Thailand but you cannot buy them here, they are shipped to America where I can buy them for 4 baht each which is 13% of the price of their Durex (aka 750% more expensive)

also, when I bought a shirt from Aliexpress (most stuff is from China) I bought a medium (my size) and it didn't even get to my belly button, an Asian X-Large is a Medium for me.

Edited by kekalot

3 minutes ago, kekalot said:

nah, he meant small condoms

when I first got here a few years ago, I bought 3-4 small boxes of 3 condoms and I think they were 90 baht per box (the pink "Love" box) - so 30 baht EACH.

they were indeed too short and felt tight, not fun at all. I gave all of them away to the motorbike taxi guys, they were pleased.

went home, got online on Condom Depot and bought a box of 504 condoms and paid 66$ with free shipping (2100 baht, so ±4 baht each)

funny fact, Crown Skinless Skin condoms are made here in Thailand but you cannot buy them here, they are shipped to America where I can buy them for 4 baht each which is 13% of the price of their Durex (aka 750% more expensive)

also, when I bought a shirt from Aliexpress (most stuff is from China) I bought a medium (my size) and it didn't even get to my belly button, an Asian X-Large is a Medium for me.

Small condoms indeed.  I was told on another social media platform that I was a racist for saying that Asians are generally less endowed than Caucasians.  Can I say that here?  If the largest condom sold in the country barely fits Caucasians, then what conclusion can I come to?  Obviously if there were a need for larger condoms, they would sell them here.

1 minute ago, HamonRye said:

Does anyone know why you can go and buy booze in a 7 Eleven in the early hours of the morning, but not 2 till 5pm?

That's area dependent. Some have different hours and some have no hours.

I've heard it's to prevent alcohol related issues in the peak heat of the day.

2 hours ago, Happystance said:

That's area dependent. Some have different hours and some have no hours.

I've heard it's to prevent alcohol related issues in the peak heat of the day.

The cannot but alcohol law between 2pm to 5 pm was enacted specifically to try to stop high school boys buying alcohol and not attending classes in the afternoon, nothing to do with the heat of the day. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, scorecard said:

The cannot but alcohol law between 2pm to 5 pm was enacted specifically to try to stop high school boys buying alcohol and not attending classes in the afternoon, nothing to do with the heat of the day. 

There was already laws stopping school kids from buying alcohol , the 2-5 PM no alcohol rule was to stop adults drinking all day