Professional Video Photographer Needed @ I Will Pay Good Money for the Right Person

billaaa777

I must do a deposition for a US civil case in the next two weeks, or so. My attorney was able to convince the judge to allow me to do this over the internet using Skype, as opposed to traveling all the way back to Miami Fl., if it was videotaped.

The deposition should take somewhere between one and two hours and It should start somewhere around 8:30 PM our time.

The professional should possess an excellent camera of course, and they should have at least 2 storage devices that allow ½ hour of recording each. You are allowed to take breaks in these depositions, gods knows I have gone through enough of them. When one of their recording devices begins to run low on compacity, we will ask for a break. The professional  then can transfer what was recorded on the first device to my hard drive and begin using the second device.

I have a brand-new top of the line HP computer, but the expect will need to come over to my condo and make sure they have all the technical connection materials they need to make the transfer of the data to my computer a simple process. They should also arrive early and get the computer and transfer materials setup, so the transfer itself can be done very quickly.

They will also need a set of lights, and possibly two microphones. One to record me and one to put in front of one of the microphones to record what is being said on the other end. I believe there is a way to connect to Skype and have the audio recording directly from it.

I am fully aware of the fact that Skype has the ability to this type of recording both audio and video itself, but I am not an expert at using that function and this is way to important. If I mess it up, I will have to travel back to Miami, and that’s 36 hours each way.

After the recording is finished, they will need to put into one continues recording. I believe there is software that can compress videos of this size that can be emailed and be opened at the other end, without the receiver needing to have any type of special software to accomplish the task.

They will also need to format the video so that it can be viewed on any device. I believe they will need to use Windows Media Player for that, at least that is what I used when I when I posted videos to YouTube. Maybe there is something better out there now, I just don’t know what it is.

I will also want them to burn 5 DVD’s for me, just to be on the safe side. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but for a professional in this industry, this something they do everyday and they will be able to accomplish the task without giving it too much thought.

And don’t forget, I am willing to pay real good money for the right person. Of course, I will have to meet them first and discuss everything that I need to be done. So, at the very least, they need to speak some English.

Thanks in advance for anybody that can point me in the right direction. Please send me a PM and I will get back to your right away.

• 4 months later...

Maybe someone else has better ideas, but for such an important recording I would think you'd want to simplify the process as much as possible. You've described a rather complicated arrangement that isn't gaining anything over a simpler setup.

If I may suggest, what I would do is connect to the deposition Skype call from TWO laptops, each connected to its own external HD. Just record the session right from Skype (as you mentioned), saving directly to the external drives. You'll get both parties recorded at one time, including audio and video. A 2-hour Skype recording should fit easily onto a 1-TB drive. So you'll be recording it twice without having to stitch anything together. 

If they want DVD copies, that's fine, but you could just upload the mp4 file to Youtube (or a dedicated server space) and set the privacy so only people with the URL you provide will have access. They could watch the movie online, or download it to their own computer. Or you could send a download link directly to whomever wants it via wetransfer. 

But having someone else do this for you while you are giving the deposition IS a good idea, so you can focus on what you need to focus on.

Archived