People warned to avoid out-door activities due to high temperatures

webfact

People warned to avoid out-door activities due to high temperatures

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4ARLskI9XTQeBy32IpiyCD3v

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has warned people to avoid out-door activities due to the current high temperatures, which are forecast to exceed 43 degrees Celsius today in several northern provinces.

They are also advised to stay clear of big trees, poorly-erected structures or large billboards because of freak summer storms and strong winds caused by a low pressure cell over the northern part of the country.

In Bangkok, the weathermen predict that temperatures today will vary from 37-40 degrees Celsius, with wind speeds of between 10-20Kph.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/people-warned-to-avoid-out-door-activities-due-to-high-temperatures/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-19

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In Bangkok, the weathermen predict that temperatures today will vary from 37-40 degrees Celsius, with wind speeds of between 10-20Kph.

10 - 20 kph??? An aristocratic fart through a nylon short makes more speed... 

is it may be m/sec (meter per second)?

Not just the heat (currently 41c/105f where I am and some parts of Lampang province showing 44+ insane heat) but the almost complete lack of any rain the past 2 months. Most years we get at least a couple decent rains by now, but this year nada nill nothing yet. Set my aircon to 18c and it just said "F You" ???? 

53 minutes ago, ubon farang said:

Well, you won't have to encourage the lazy Thais not to overdo it outside Most don't work anyway. So it should not be a problem

You beat me too it.... ????????

5 hours ago, Scutty said:

Dreaming of some good old rainy British weather . This heat is oppressive .

Regardless of what the met office is saying about temps. This is the hottest I have ever known my place to be in over 15 years - or maybe I am just getting old?

I am moving a lot of stuff in a pickup tomorrow , and not looking forward to it.
It means a lot of walking , carrying bags etc , in this heat . It will be a living nightmare.  ☹️

10 minutes ago, balo said:

I am moving a lot of stuff in a pickup tomorrow , and not looking forward to it.
It means a lot of walking , carrying bags etc , in this heat . It will be a living nightmare.  ☹️

don't be a cheap charlie all your life  .... pay a couple of guys to do the carrying.

sit down and have a cold drink and supervise.

13 minutes ago, balo said:

Drink about 12 large bottles of Chang tonight, you will wake up feeling like crap, but the day will get better & you won't notice the heat? ????

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

don't be a cheap charlie all your life  .... pay a couple of guys to do the carrying.

You don't live anywhere near me, near impossible to find one guy willing to work - two - forget it! ????

Amazing. Just a few weeks ago we were being warned to stay indoors to avoid the polluted air.

Now we're warned it's too hot!

My No 1 exercise is walking, so I'll carry on regardless as I always have done.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

In CM up to about 1pm is tolerable outside, but anytime after that the temperature rises drastically and peaks around 3-4pm. What was it here yesterday... 41C? 105.5F

and that is in the shade , so out in the sun it must be another 10c on top ?  I normally play golf 3 times a week starting about 8 00 am but towards the end of the round at mid dayish it is a struggle with non stop sweat running from my face and body . Drink 2 bottles of water & a sports drink during the round and do not have to pee . Back to my place for food and air con bedroom , ah , that feels great until I go back outside to what feels like a furnace . Now have cut the golf to 1 time a week cos toooo hot and humid . But if we have an evening storm I enjoy watching it with a cold beer or 3  .

1 hour ago, superal said:

and that is in the shade , so out in the sun it must be another 10c on top ?  I normally play golf 3 times a week starting about 8 00 am but towards the end of the round at mid dayish it is a struggle with non stop sweat running from my face and body . Drink 2 bottles of water & a sports drink during the round and do not have to pee . Back to my place for food and air con bedroom , ah , that feels great until I go back outside to what feels like a furnace . Now have cut the golf to 1 time a week cos toooo hot and humid . But if we have an evening storm I enjoy watching it with a cold beer or 3  .

Yep. BTW. I’m thinking of taking golf back up. What are the average CM prices?

Archived