Broken TV

eezergood

OK so I have a broken TV  (LED screen is cracked) and have 2 questions.....

Does anyone know of a place where I may get it fixed at a reasonable cost? 

Does anyone know of a place that may want to buy a very cheap TV with a cracked screen ?

Thanks in advance 

Just now, Crossy said:

With a cracked panel the telly is toast.

Leave it outside for the recycling chaps, go and buy a new TV.

Already bought the new TV ???? - i thought as much, wil dump it tomorrow.

As a side note does anyone need an LG remote control ?

44 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Please dispose of it in a responsible manner, not just  discarded by the roadside

2 hours ago, eezergood said:

I had one Samsung all worked but screen 32" half black 5 years ago .., went to Samsung repair center and they said 6500  for repair ,bought another Samsung that time for 13000 42", and made foolish wrong update and dead …. Samsung Repair center  5 minutes job , nothing more inside as a PC motherboard size plate and screen and mini speakers as I could see standing besides repair guy , replaced the motherboard 5 minutes ,  cost 2600 baht only , but screen is most expensive part .

I bought a 49 smart Samsung 49" in Pattaya  Tesco 2 months past for 12000 baht , so repairing a flatscreen is meaning better buy new one , electronic motherboard is worth repairing as low cost and 5 minutes job , even I could do if knowing which type mb. , few screws loosen and fixing .

TV ' getting cheaper but last not long anymore ….all electronics who can be programmed when to die by builder????

3 hours ago, eezergood said:

You might be able to sell the tv on the free facebook groups for items for sale.

i often see broken tvs sold for parts there.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:42 PM, david555 said:

all electronics who can be programmed when to die by builder

Yes, that has been around for some time now and is called, "built-in obsolescence" although manufacturers completely deny any such thing ever happens!

19 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yes, that has been around for some time now and is called, "built-in obsolescence" although manufacturers completely deny any such thing ever happens!

And that is why the E.U. under consumer protection is  warning those company's on risk of high fines  at "Google standard" Hight ???? to stop with that so declared non existing "built-in obsolescence" assembling

And here  ( the replaced part 12cmx 19 cm) handed over to me ..)….this is now your Television together with the screen , plastic body and nearly to find speakers 

20190420_165936.jpg

On 4/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, eezergood said:

<snip>

Yes, please, if you've still got it.

(I've already fixed the wheel on my LG remote twice. )

Suggest a meeting place or PM me. 

In many parts of the country putting things on the roadside (preferranly the day before scheduled garbage collection) is the de facto recycling system. People come round and collect anything of scrap or resale value. They seem to prefer doing this anonymously, coming round at break of dawn, probably a face issue.

I do this all the time and the stuff almost always vanishes fast. If it is still there after say 24 hours then I know they didn't want it and I have to find other means of dispossl. But it's usually gone. Especially anyt hing electronic or made of metal.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/20/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sheryl said:

In many parts of the country putting things on the roadside (preferranly the day before scheduled garbage collection) is the de facto recycling system. People come round and collect anything of scrap or resale value. They seem to prefer doing this anonymously, coming round at break of dawn, probably a face issue.

I do this all the time and the stuff almost always vanishes fast. If it is still there after say 24 hours then I know they didn't want it and I have to find other means of dispossl. But it's usually gone. Especially anyt hing electronic or made of metal.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

yup - im sure it will be gone when i come home from work later 

Archived