Tablet with least preloaded software

amdy2206

I am looking to buy a new tablet but many have so much unnecessary preloaded software I never use. Has anyone found a manufacturer who keeps this software to a minimum and therefore allows me to install only the software I am likely to use. 

I have good experience with Lenovo ThinkPads. As far as I remember non of them had any additional software installed.

Just Windows, the necessary drivers and the ThinkPad drivers and software (i.e. for maintenance)

ThinkPads are also high quality and in this case that is good in both ways.

In general I would look for a computer which is according to your needs. For an expert it's maybe an hour work to delete what you don't need.

Just go to power mall and buy one of the numerous Linux or Dos laptops then install your own windows if needed. I have my own windows 10 on USB stick and install it as needed. Yeah, Microsoft can sue me.

wife has a ASUS tablet I bought quite cheap for her after her ipad slowed right down . Couldn't believe how good it was for the price and seemed to have hardly anything on it at all so you just chose everything you wanted to install .

15 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

wife has a ASUS tablet I bought quite cheap for her after her ipad slowed right down . Couldn't believe how good it was for the price and seemed to have hardly anything on it at all so you just chose everything you wanted to install .

Was your wife as exited as you? ???? 

58 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

All this fuss, just buy a decent tablet, Samsung etc and click uninstall!!

A lot of the pre-loaded software from Google and the manufacturers cannot be uninstalled. It is part of the system and permanent. From a Tech Advisor article: 

Can bloatware be deleted?

Not all of it, unfortunately. While it’s often possible to remove the trial software, many of the manufacturer’s ones are resistant to such efforts. It’s annoying to have valuable space taken up by these freeloaders, but you can at least take steps to disable them so they don’t hog other resources.

Do a search for the Chuwi Hi8 SE. It is a Chinese tablet rooted with Android AOS 8.1 with only the Google Play Store pre-installed, along with a handful of required system apps. It is an 8" tablet with Quad-core MT8735 / 2GB RAM / 32GB eMMC / 2.4G-5G Dual WiFi / Bluetooth 4.0. It will never see an OTA update because it's rooted so can't pass Safetynet, but it's cheap, at about ฿3600.

I recommend the Huawei Mediapad line. Not too much bloatware and readily available in Thailand (at least in Bangkok).

I personally have the Huawei Mediapad M5 8.5 version. It is fast and was not too expensive.

so funny that nobody here knows that only Google and Android one devices (the closest to pure Google Android) are the ones with no $hit bloatwares installed.

So just look for any Android one device if you do not want to pay for expensive google devices.

Size? Budget? OS (assume Android)?

AFAIK there are no Android One tablets. The Google Pixel Slate runs stock Android but it's honestly not worth the money, "ill-fated" seems to be the best one can say about this device.

Maybe narrow/refine your search factoring in customized UIs and Bloatware, watch Youtube reviews. 

Obviously one can potentially flash a minimal custom ROM and GAPPS, assuming reasonable developer support, but this path can be risky once the developer(s) moves on.

I got a Teclast T10 from GearBest ~ 18 months ago. It's a nice 10" WiFi-only tablet, still available for $180 (USD). It has since been replaced with the T20 version, which also has 4G.

My Teclast T10 has a very minimal UI - I'm used to Android One (on my phones: Nokia 7 Plus, Xioami Mi A1) - with zero bloatware, other than the Chinese government doo-dads. Awesome display.

https://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_690462.html?wid=1433363

Chuwi seems to be a decent brand as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hendrickson

Archived