Phuket’s water lords confident of supplies and back-up plans

webfact

Phuket’s water lords confident of supplies and back-up plans

By The Thaiger

57216670_1539307139540119_63615063024174

PHOTO: Welcome to the moonscape – Bang Neow Dum off Srisoonthorn Road

Well in to the second half of April in Phuket and the water situation is still dire, despite repeated assurances from the Provincial Irrigration Office and the Phuket Water Authority.

The most recent assessment of the island’s three main catchments were that there was 2.8 million cubic metres of water remaining, less than 10% of the total capacity of the dams. The Director of the Phuket Provincial Irrigation Office, Somsawat Chaisinsod, says the remaining water reserves will see residents, businesses and tourists through to the wet season.

Bang Neow Dum off Srisoonthorn Road, Bang Wad dam in Kathu and Khlong Kratha dam in Chalong are the three main catchments with photos of the dwindling supplies shocking residents.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/weather/phukets-water-lords-confident-of-supplies-and-back-up-plans

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-19

23 hours ago, nkg said:

poseidon-at-sea-544245912-5b706e9e46e0fb

Breaking News:

Poseidon has had his single entry Tourist Visa revoked this morning by the Immigration Office, who stated  that Poseidon's temporary residence off the coast of Phuket violates the law, and poses a navigational hazard.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Poseidon and his suspected accomplice and Greek mythological wife, Amphitrite. Should the deities be apprehended, it is thought that the RTP will deport both suspects to Mount Olympus at their own expense, and blacklist them from Thailand for a period of up to 12 months.

When reached for comment, Poseidon stated: "It is I Poseidon, god of the wine dark sea. You have forfeited for forgetting how I helped you. You forget, a man is nothing without the gods. You will suffer for this offense. For your arrogance, you will drift on my sea for an eternity, never again will you reach the shores of Ithaca."

On 4/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, Damaz6052 said:

This morning I hiked over the hill from Kamala to Manik. I was shocked at how little water is in the reservoir! It will take a few years of good rain to fill Bang Neow Dum.

With the demand for water going up and up, expect the same problems in the future.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, nkg said:

poseidon-at-sea-544245912-5b706e9e46e0fb

Press release:

"It is I, Poseidon. Ye who calleth themselves Water Lords are nought but false prophets. Your reservoirs will filleth not, for the mastery of all waters is mine and mine alone. And Zeus says it won't raineth any time soon, so ye can stick that in thine pipe and smoke it."

Archived