Big Oud in, Big Joke out: Thailand names new Immigration chief

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, timendres said:

This is by design within the RTP. There are essentially two "classes" within the RTP: the normal police, and those who were groomed in the elite academy. Those who are not anointed will never rise to these positions.

I'm not sure BJ was ever groomed in any elite academy... But he did end up having a powerful backer....which obviously can do wonders here.

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

image.png.481ac7fe5e426b7e543bc5a4cf931231.png

I wonder if he speaks English?

Judging from the expressions of others in the photo he does not know the words... "brown envelope"

I read a face well, gentlemen, I think this ends badly.

It's the eyes isn't it?

I just realised that I was awarded (yonks ago) the same rectangular black police medal that he's sporting on his uniform.  Could that make me the next candidate to head up the immigration division (sorry, I don't have the parachute 'wings' award for jumping off a kerb..)  ????

Surachate not to be investigated over mysterious transfer: General Prawit

By The Nation

0c47bba2e0b5565df286bb28bb53cc15.jpeg

Surachate (left) and Sompong

Former Immigration Bureau chief Police Lt-General Surachate Hakparn will not be investigated regarding his transfer from the Royal Thai Police to the Prime Minister’s Office, Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan said on Friday.

In effect, Prawit dismissed speculation of an imminent investigation against Surachate, who was once a prominent rising star in the police force.

Speculation had pointed to alleged irregularities involving personnel transfers of senior police officers.

General Prawit, who oversees the police, was asked by reporters at the Royal Thai Police headquarters on Friday whether Surachate would be investigated regarding his transfer out of the police force.

“Investigation about what? No investigation committee has been appointed. Not at all. It’s over already,” Prawit replied.

When asked about the reason for Surachate’s transfer, Prawit said: “I don't know. Ask him if you want to know.”

Surachate, also known by his nickname “Big Joke”, is close to General Prawit, who is also serving as the defence minister.

General Prawit was at the headquarters to chair a meeting of the Police Commission regarding the appointment of force commanders following Surachate’s transfer. National police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda and his deputies also attended the meeting.

The meeting, which lasted about 45 minutes, resolved to appoint Border Patrol Police commander Pol Lt-General Sompong Chingduang as the new commander of the Immigration Bureau to fill the seat left vacant following Surachate’s transfer.

The high-ranking meeting also decided to appoint Pol Lt-General Wichit Paksa, commander attached to the national police chief's office, as the new Border Patrol Police commander, replacing Sompong.

Once a regular headline-maker dealing with high-profile cases, Surachate was on April 9 moved out of the Royal Thai Police to the Prime Minister’s Office at the order of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha in his capacity as the head of the ruling National Council for Peace and Order.

The order appointed Surachate as a special adviser at the Prime Minister’s Office, a position considered inactive. No reason was given for Surachate’s transfer, first out of the Immigration Bureau and then out of the police altogether.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367966

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-19

Big OUT has arrived , and that is not a joke. 

Foreigners without valid visas, you will soon have to get OUT of here.

The only part we are not sure about yet is how the photo sessions will look like, but I'm guessing it will be spectacular. 

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

More than that, there is real fear in their faces.... As in the s**t is about to hit the fan. I would guess he is a serious hard liner.

Yeah, it's visible. But I think it's just "If BJ was cast out, who's keeping me here".

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

It seems it is a mandatory part of the Job Description these days to be called 'Big' something or other if one wants to head up Immigration ...

Hopefully big todger wont appear to roger us all????

Are there other popular tourist and expat countries where foreigners are a constant target for criticism and other attacks. Never experienced anything like this in Brasil, Paraguay, USA, Philippines etc.? Really weird and still we keep coming?? MS>

Do they really think we are all stupid? On vacation yes? So who’s boy is the new Chief?

Prawit thinks he does not owe the Thai people an explanation?

I have it on good authority that there are hundreds of millions involved. So send the poster boy to America until it gets quite.
This is the most corrupt and dirtiest government this country has ever had!
There is no hope either because the people who are supposed to catch the thieves are themselves the biggest criminals!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

55 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Do they really think we are all stupid? On vacation yes? So who’s boy is the new Chief?

Prawit thinks he does not owe the Thai people an explanation?

I have it on good authority that there are hundreds of millions involved. So send the poster boy to America until it gets quite.
This is the most corrupt and dirtiest government this country has ever had!
There is no hope either because the people who are supposed to catch the thieves are themselves the biggest criminals!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes. I've also heard rumours from Thais regarding huge amounts of money but can't elaborate as I don't really want to find myself arrested under the computer crimes act.

Are you a "joke joke" while a kid, then promote to a "joke", after that to "no joke" which leads to "serious joke" and if you really really study hard you become a "big joke"?

Don't want to repeat the same for Mr. Oud

But you get my point - is it like that, or you just wake up 50 years old middle crisis and tell your friends - I'm not Somchai anymore, I'm Big Joke?

have to wonder if the fact big joke stopped immigration officers from taking money from applicants was the reason he was given the boot, guess we will see if this one reverses it and it continues

5 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Are there other popular tourist and expat countries where foreigners are a constant target for criticism and other attacks. Never experienced anything like this in Brasil, Paraguay, USA, Philippines etc.? Really weird and still we keep coming?? MS>

Not me. Ten years was enough. Now that I have some real money I am not spending it in Thailand. When you have lived in shit for many years I guess expats in LOS have just gotten used to it. They can take their visa rules. 90 day check ins and bad attitudes and .................. I have friends in Central America, Colombia and the Pacific side of Mexico who love it there. I am headed on a six month tour of great food,drinkable beer and margaritas. LOS has one of the three. See ya fellows.

12 hours ago, Eligius said:

It seems it is a mandatory part of the Job Description these days to be called 'Big' something or other if one wants to head up Immigration ...

I wonder in the future if someone named Dick will appear.

10 hours ago, moonseeker said:

5 hours ago, kritsana77 said:

Not me. Ten years was enough. Now that I have some real money I am not spending it in Thailand. When you have lived in shit for many years I guess expats in LOS have just gotten used to it. They can take their visa rules. 90 day check ins and bad attitudes and .................. I have friends in Central America, Colombia and the Pacific side of Mexico who love it there. I am headed on a six month tour of great food,drinkable beer and margaritas. LOS has one of the three. See ya fellows.

Didn't used to be like that - you put up with all the irritations. slowness, things/people not working properly as just the flip side of the free and easy Thailand we once knew.

Somehow I just don't feel things are going to get more relaxed - my guess is Prawit has appointed an ultra hardliner.

7 hours ago, kritsana77 said:

I have friends in Central America, Colombia and the Pacific side of Mexico who love it there. I am headed on a six month tour of great food,drinkable beer and margaritas. LOS has one of the three. See ya fellows.

yeah but Thailand has Sangsom, Chang and Hong Thong!

oh wait.. :cheesy:

i have friends on the pacific coast of mexico too and they love it, say its similar to thailand but much better beaches

Archived