Big Oud in, Big Joke out: Thailand names new Immigration chief

webfact

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Somehow I just don't feel things are going to get more relaxed - my guess is Prawit has appointed an ultra hardliner.

yeah i feel the same - its just an appointment after all and the appointer(s) and attidudes haven't changed as far as i can see

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Don't the Border Police kind of having the reputation of being the "shoot first and ask questions later" types... As well as being aligned with a former Thai PM now in exile????

Our lad is a BPP, he is a very nice chap, and he ain't shot me yet....????

17 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

It will be interesting to see if he will continue Thai Immigrations obvious purge of western retirees. ????

There was and is no purge of  western retirees at all. When your paperwork and  financial requirements are in order. getting a extension takes  about  15 minutes. I've got my 10th  retirement extention based on monthly  income  last  Friday at the Nonthaburi  immigration.

Well BJ you should not have voted for the opposition, i wonder when the army will finish looking thru the voting slips to see who else voted against them, then declare a landslide win. Thailand is not a nice place anymore, if they only want chinese tourists let them have them, the place will soon go bust as chinese only do conducted tours, herded around like sheep, and more and more bad reports of violence, carnage on the roads, and the disrespect shown to farangs, dirty women who constantly pick their noses and scratch and pick lice out of their and each others hair, yuk. ive been to cambodia and the philippines and so much cleaner and they respect and welcome tourists. thailand is really not the place anymore.

The fact that he is in the US on holiday could be a good sign. It might show an openness to the West that not all Thais have. It might also indicate that he has enough confidence in his English to go to an English speaking country. And perhaps he'll even appreciate that not all Westerners are tattooed beer-swilling, girl-grabbing louts (though that will depend on which US city he visits)… Wishful thinking perhaps.  

19 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

It will be interesting to see if he will continue Thai Immigrations obvious purge of western retirees. ????

What a stupid post. There's no purge of Western retirees. Immigration are just getting rid of the bogus retirees who dont have suffcient funds. I guess you're one of them

2 minutes ago, gamini said:

What a stupid post. There's no purge of Western retirees. Immigration are just getting rid of the bogus retirees who dont have suffcient funds. I guess you're one of them

I know, I know, they should have acquired vast wealth before they came here.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

General Prawit, who oversees the police

When asked about the reason for Surachate’s transfer, Prawit said: “I don't know. 

So if the poster child of immigration and police becomes "inactive" overnight, and his mentor doesn't know why, what the heck is he overseeing? 

18 minutes ago, gamini said:

Haha and your probably one who has donated 800000 bht to the thai banking society, as they say a fool and his money are easily parted, maybe no purge of western retirees just a big we dont want you anymore.

2 hours ago, henry15 said:

There was and is no purge of  western retirees at all. When your paperwork and  financial requirements are in order. getting a extension takes  about  15 minutes. I've got my 10th  retirement extention based on monthly  income  last  Friday at the Nonthaburi  immigration.

OTOH I hope there is a purge of all the farangs who have overstayed their visa and/or who are a burden on thai medical system due to them being poor.

20 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Doubt we’ll be seeing too many life-size, full color posters of this general being plastered around everywhere.

It seems from the photo that Oud is a tat Bigger then Joke.

It was either Joke had to compensate his height or Oud is oversized for the standard poster sheets.

I certainly don't like the look of him! ????????????. Thailand has zero transparency... why was BJ kicked out and who the heck is the new prime minister of Thailand? Or did I miss that memo. 

Indonesia just elected a PM... took less than 12 hours after poles closed to announce and 2 days to verify! 

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You kinda have to wonder, why they never seem to promote from within Immigration, which like any Thai govt agency is rife with deputy commanders of all sorts....

They seem to have a habit of sending someone in from outside... in this case.... like BJ, someone who apparently has absolutely no prior working experience within the Immigration Bureau.

However he does have Border Patrol Police experence...........kind of Immigration related I would say.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

It is not known why Surachate Harkparn was removed as Immigration chief.

After ousting so many "bad foreigners" who were engaged in crime he obviously started to hit the pockets of the "Thai links" who control all crime. No foreigner can operate without the knowledge or co-operation from within... he was starting to hit the revenue stream so much that enough was enough!

20 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

BS.....Immigration Office dont make the Immigration Law. Do you understand the Difference between Legislative and Executive? I guess not. 

Archived