Big Oud in, Big Joke out: Thailand names new Immigration chief

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gamini said:

What a stupid post. There's no purge of Western retirees. Immigration are just getting rid of the bogus retirees who dont have suffcient funds. I guess you're one of them

Yeah, I.m one the them. Don,t get to the 800,000 to sit in account for 5 months. Do own a 4M condo.

Don,t stay in Thailand all year. God awful "bogus ritiree". Just awful. 

I save you some breath Jack..."their country....".  

23 hours ago, Thailand said:

BO is probably worse than BJ, no doubt he will want to make a big entrance, beware!

It is always the same, give a Thai power and a nice uniform, and then watch them go. ????

5 hours ago, Docno said:

The fact that he is in the US on holiday could be a good sign. It might show an openness to the West that not all Thais have. It might also indicate that he has enough confidence in his English to go to an English speaking country. And perhaps he'll even appreciate that not all Westerners are tattooed beer-swilling, girl-grabbing louts (though that will depend on which US city he visits)… Wishful thinking perhaps.  

But the government loves China and all things Chinese. Why didn't Big Joke go to China for his vacation? 

22 hours ago, Eligius said:

It seems it is a mandatory part of the Job Description these days to be called 'Big' something or other if one wants to head up Immigration ...

Big???? But they are all wee guys, though maybe big in the belly.

????️‍♂️Big O, is as corrupt as they come he belongs to the old Asian school of thinking lay low don't bring attention to yourself and rip the benefits. 

In time, slowly things will be back to normal too much money was lost due to Big J,  good and true intend by him he stir made too many waves in the swamp like most things here you can't change what the elders can't accept which is even a bit of change.  

I give it six month the Embassy letters are coming back! reality the letter was never verified it clearly is stated but yet it went on for years and years because of a unlimited source of revenue $$$$$$$ million of baht! 

This time around Hush is the motto? ????️‍♂️ 

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You kinda have to wonder, why they never seem to promote from within Immigration, which like any Thai govt agency is rife with deputy commanders of all sorts....

They seem to have a habit of sending someone in from outside... in this case.... like BJ, someone who apparently has absolutely no prior working experience within the Immigration Bureau.

Anyone who can afford to buy a a fancy rank qualifies. Roll up all you Lt/Cols, Maj Generals, just

a minute, no Field Marshals yet? :cheesy:

3 hours ago, ujayujay said:

BS.....Immigration Office dont make the Immigration Law. Do you understand the Difference between Legislative and Executive? I guess not. 

That is the finest joke that I have come across between Trat and Nong Khai..it is truly original.

4 hours ago, gamini said:

What a stupid post. There's no purge of Western retirees. Immigration are just getting rid of the bogus retirees who dont have suffcient funds. I guess you're one of them

and you are one of these snobs who look down on expats who don't have more than 65.000 Bt coming in every month.

On 4/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, CMNightRider said:

It will be interesting to see if he will continue Thai Immigrations obvious purge of western retirees. ????

The illegal ones, yes I hope so. He got a lot of non-western illegals too. It's only a problem when legal ones get caught in the crossfire as happened with the last change of rules. It's only then the whinging starts; please remember: "it's not all about you". ???? 

On 4/19/2019 at 4:37 AM, Justgrazing said:

Aye just like an exploding star B J is a spent force now .. past their best Premier league footballers end their days playing exhibition matches .. perhaps for B J now it'll be exhibition Press Conferences complete with vinyl board on late night U S chat shows .. 

Think he'll return to the Kingdom? 

4 hours ago, viper57 said:

...the only place I draw the line is if it violates my basic personal freedoms. For example no one tells me when I'm allowed to buy alcohol or drink alcohol.  

That is freedom? 

As it should be. If you don't qualify for a visa why should you be allowed to get in or stay in the country. Not any different in most countries across the world.

Big OUT has arrived , and that is not a joke. 

Foreigners without valid visas, you will soon have to get OUT of here.

The only part we are not sure about yet is how the photo sessions will look like, but I'm guessing it will be spectacular. 

My money is on the norm here, these new money visa rules will just not be enforced by most Imo officers. It's business as usual. Though by the time this happens, many will have aleady departed, only to gladly return later. 

New Immigration Bureau chief appointed

supawadee wangsri

70493fb3ec033ac7537cfdd307f0fb45_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 April 2019 (NNT) - A meeting on the appointment and transfer of police officers, has resolved to appoint Pol. Lt. Gen. Somphong Chingduang, the present Commissioner of the Border Patrol Police, Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau in place of Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachet Hakphal.

Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, chaired the meeting which covered two major issues including appointing a new Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau in place of Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachet Hakphal who had been relocated to the role of Special Advisor to the Prime Minister’s Office.

After the meeting, Gen. Prawit declined to say why Pol Lt Gen Surachet had been transferred. He said it is not necessary to set up a committee to investigate Gen. Surachet’s past actions in the police force because he had already been transferred out of the police force.

Royal Thai Police (RTP) Commissioner-General Chakthip Chaijinda then disclosed that the meeting had appointed Border Patrol Police Commissioner Pol. Lt. Gen. Somphong Chingduang, the new Immigration Police Commissioner in place of Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachate Hakphal.

They also appointed Pol. Lt. Gen. Wichit Paksa, Commissioner attached to the RTP, the Border Patrol Police Commissioner succeeding Pol. Lt. Gen. Somphong.

The next meeting is expected to discuss the transfers of 4-5 special advisors to police general positions, the transfers of 20 experts to police lieutenant general positions and the transfers of 30 experts to police major general position.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-21

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

New Immigration Bureau chief appointed

supawadee wangsri

70493fb3ec033ac7537cfdd307f0fb45_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 April 2019 (NNT) - A meeting on the appointment and transfer of police officers, has resolved to appoint Pol. Lt. Gen. Somphong Chingduang, the present Commissioner of the Border Patrol Police, Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau in place of Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachet Hakphal.

Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, chaired the meeting which covered two major issues including appointing a new Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau in place of Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachet Hakphal who had been relocated to the role of Special Advisor to the Prime Minister’s Office.

After the meeting, Gen. Prawit declined to say why Pol Lt Gen Surachet had been transferred. He said it is not necessary to set up a committee to investigate Gen. Surachet’s past actions in the police force because he had already been transferred out of the police force.

Royal Thai Police (RTP) Commissioner-General Chakthip Chaijinda then disclosed that the meeting had appointed Border Patrol Police Commissioner Pol. Lt. Gen. Somphong Chingduang, the new Immigration Police Commissioner in place of Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachate Hakphal.

They also appointed Pol. Lt. Gen. Wichit Paksa, Commissioner attached to the RTP, the Border Patrol Police Commissioner succeeding Pol. Lt. Gen. Somphong.

The next meeting is expected to discuss the transfers of 4-5 special advisors to police general positions, the transfers of 20 experts to police lieutenant general positions and the transfers of 30 experts to police major general position.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-21

Looks like a photo full of BO????

<<He said it is not necessary to set up a committee to investigate Gen. Surachet’s past actions in the police force because he had already been transferred out of the police force>>

The untouchables 

16 hours ago, thailand49 said:

????️‍♂️Big O, is as corrupt as they come he belongs to the old Asian school of thinking lay low don't bring attention to yourself and rip the benefits. 

In time, slowly things will be back to normal too much money was lost due to Big J,  good and true intend by him he stir made too many waves in the swamp like most things here you can't change what the elders can't accept which is even a bit of change.  

I give it six month the Embassy letters are coming back! reality the letter was never verified it clearly is stated but yet it went on for years and years because of a unlimited source of revenue $$$$$$$ million of baht! 

This time around Hush is the motto? ????️‍♂️ 

Are you a betting man? Embassy letters won't be coming back for UK citizens. It's not only Asians that have the concept of 'face', British civil servants won't be doing any u-turns either. They've already 'banked' the savings supposedly generated by the removal of this service. 

The only possibility, should real difficulties be created for enough citizens, would be to use an agency, such as VFS or similar, to provide some sort of service acceptable to Thai immigration but even that's a long shot. 

said it is not necessary to set up a committee to investigate Gen. Surachet’s past actions in the police force because he had already been transferred out of the police force>>

The untouchables 
As a Brit and a Brexiteer..I could give you many instances of the imo quite disgraceful " moves " of many UK Govts. also Regional and Local Authorities.
Also the autocratic eu's " little strokes " to get what they want.
European people can never take the moral high ground on many many issues..BELIEVE ME !!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived