PC Password Reset

melicose

The question is if you "only" need your data or if you need that Windows installation running again.

If you only want to look at the data you can boot with a CD and then look at your hard disk with all your data. That works fine with documents, pictures, etc. But you can't i.e. check your email like that.

That will work with most PCs - but not all of them.

There is probably also a way to reset your Windows password and I don't think that is illegal if you do it on your own PC with your own account.

Step by step NON pirate NON software you tube tutorial to change Administrator software , 

And after , to be safe , also set in multiple options for password a pin password more easy to remember than words for some 

10 hours ago, david555 said:

Step by step NON pirate NON software you tube tutorial to change Administrator software , 

And after , to be safe , also set in multiple options for password a pin password more easy to remember than words for some 

This works for versions before W10 1809, versions after this do not work with cmd/utiliman name swops.

Process for 1809 is:

"In newer versions of Windows, extra steps are required. Here is the entire process:

1. Load the recovery and troubleshooting environment, e.g. by clicking on "Repair your computer" during Windows Setup if you boot from Windows installation media.
  2. Select Troubleshoot > Command Prompt.
  3. Switch to the drive letter that Windows is installed on and there in the system32 directory, e.g. cd c:\windows\system32
  4. Type rename utilman.exe utilman.bak.
  5. Type copy cmd.exe utilman.exe.
  6. Restart the computer and boot from the Window installation this time.
  7. If you run Windows 10 version 1803 or earlier, click on the Ease of Access button to open a command prompt window.
  8. If you run Windows 10 version 1809 or later, do the following first:
    1. Hold Shift-key on the keyboard and click on the Power button to select Restart.
    2. After the Restart, hold down the Shift-key again and select Restart from the Power menu again to boot into startup repair.
    3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart
    4. When the Startup Settings screen appears after the Restart, select ???? Disable early launch anti-malware protection.
  9. Click on the Ease of Access button on the next start on the login screen to open the command prompt window.
  10. Type net user to display the names of all user accounts.
  11. Use the command net user [username] [password] to change the password of the account, e.g. net user martin qwerty123456 to change the password of the user martin to qwerty123456.

9 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

This works for versions before 1809, versions after this do not work with cmd/utiliman name swops.

Can be but I always have the latest updates done , including the big ones , and see in attachment I have stil version 1809 , so depending which O.P. has (?) it would work , have some software , but may not be published 

2019-04-22_074905.png

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Can be but I always have the latest updates done , including the big ones , and see in attachment I have stil version 1809 , so depending which O.P. has (?) it would work , have some software , but may not be published 

2019-04-22_074905.png

Yeah, truthfully, I have never used the name swop option, so I don't know for sure. Since your reply, I have added the new procedure; this is a copy & paste and not my experience.

Using commercially available software such as Lazesoft works; MODS, this is freely (literally) available software, not cracks, hacks or reverse engineering. Link is:

https://www.lazesoft.com/forgot-windows-admin-password-recovery-freeware.html

Also comes with their statement, which makes sense:

"Note: Legally resetting or unlocking your own Windows password is certainly a legitimate practice! "

I can vouch that this does work on W10, at least with a 'local account', I'm not sure if it works with a 'Microsoft account' login.

13 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Yeah, truthfully, I have never used the name swop option, so I don't know for sure. Since your reply, I have added the new procedure; this is a copy & paste and not my experience.

Using commercially available software such as Lazesoft works; MODS, this is freely (literally) available software, not cracks, hacks or reverse engineering. Link is:

https://www.lazesoft.com/forgot-windows-admin-password-recovery-freeware.html

Also comes with their statement, which makes sense:

"Note: Legally resetting or unlocking your own Windows password is certainly a legitimate practice! "

I can vouch that this does work on W10, at least with a 'local account', I'm not sure if it works with a 'Microsoft account' login.

"MODS, this is freely (literally) available software, not cracks, hacks or reverse engineering. Link is:" :biggrin::thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 10:11 AM, melicose said:

Understood now. And the problem is fixed.

You look very lucky,as i had spent 4 days on password recovery for Windows pc, and I was constantly testing and looking for ways to help me.

https://www.windows10passwordreset.com/

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-recover-passwords-using-ophcrack-livecd-2626168

These two tutorials work for me, and I guess they will work for you.

Archived