BANGKOK 21 May 2019 21:29
webfact

Bus crashes off the road in Khon Kaen

Bus crashes off the road in Khon Kaen

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Pudtayan Banphai Rescue Foundation

57373002_2174473412637200_83027313143274

Many passengers have been injured following a bus crash in Khon Kaen, north-east Thailand this morning.

The Pudtayan Banphai Rescue Foundation reports that the bus was traveling from Bangkok to Nongkhai in northeast Thailand. The bus, which was full of passengers, hit a tree and a light pole on the road before ending up on its side in the ditch in the middle of the road on Mittraphap Road.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/north-east/bus-crashes-off-the-road-in-khon-kaen

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-19

This hits close to home and is disturbing. My step daughter was traveling by bus between Udon Thani and Korat through Khon Kaen last night, sure glad it wasn't this one! She has her own car but prefers to leave it here while away working. We, TW and I, often wonder which is the safer and best option after seeing this sort of thing?

this road should be in question. where is the guard rail? where is the deep ditch? Something wrong here. it says it hit a tree. in the middle of a super highway? The deep ditch on the side of the road is questionable .

20 hours ago, bdenner said:

This hits close to home and is disturbing. My step daughter was traveling by bus between Udon Thani and Korat through Khon Kaen last night, sure glad it wasn't this one! She has her own car but prefers to leave it here while away working. We, TW and I, often wonder which is the safer and best option after seeing this sort of thing?

image.jpeg.4c4492a52bdb24688380e9d3ca63f68a.jpegMuch safer.

• Thanks 1