Missing Spoons at 7-11

EVENKEEL

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, donim said:

I did ????                                     and fully agree with the bad taste of metal spoons and yoghurt

Very easy eating the last yoghurt from the walls

the bottom is still an issue for which I still need to find

the right technique.

One can only get a metallic taste from spoons made out of carbon steel. The majority of spoons are made from stainless steel, which forms a mono-molecular protective layer of chromium oxide.

IMHO anyone who claims to get a metallic taste from stainless steel has an over-active imagination.

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

One can only get a metallic taste from spoons made out of carbon steel. The majority of spoons are made from stainless steel, which forms a mono-molecular protective layer of chromium oxide.

IMHO anyone who claims to get a metallic taste from stainless steel has an over-active imagination.

Don't have problem when eating rice or other food.

Perhaps it is the acidity from the yoghurt versus that protective layer you are talking about.

Eating Yoghurt with which spoon and even color matters.

For some their mind can be twisted as a curl or an aborgine hair

It seems that there was an research on this, even at Oxford

One of the research and the results you can find in this file

http://www.flavourjournal.com/content/pdf/2044-7248-2-21.pdf

Some newsarticles

Smithsonian:
Your Choice of Spoon Changes the Taste of Your FoodWhite yogurt eaten from a white spoon was deemed sweeter, more expensive and denser than a similar yogurt that was dyed pink.

Jezebel:

In other words, when you eat with a cheap spoon, you may believe you're eating more expensive-tasting yogurt. That said, eating yogurt with a plastic spoon often hurts the corners of my mouth.

I'll stick to my medium sized white plastic spoon without the sharp corners

Rgds,

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Gotta have a nice small spoon like they provide. hate eating yogurt with a large spoon, it's not civilized.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Am I the only one who really likes my plastic spoon. It's just the "I don't give a shit cashier" that causes this crisis. No bib required. 

Can I come over and smaoke wit you when I get back...seems like you have good chit bro

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I dont know, there have been lots of complaints on the Ponyboy Boards. I think they are coating the stainless steel Bits in soft plastic.

8 hours ago, donim said:

Don't have problem when eating rice or other food.

Perhaps it is the acidity from the yoghurt versus that protective layer you are talking about.

Chromium oxide is soluble only in hydrofluoric acid, one of the strongest acids around. The acid in yoghurt is most probably lactic acid, one of the weakest.

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont know, there have been lots of complaints on the Ponyboy Boards. I think they are coating the stainless steel Bits in soft plastic.

Quite funny how there's a lot of angst about metallic taste ( non-existent ) on this thread. Posters would do better worrying about the various compounds in the plastics they favour, some of which mimic female oestrogen. The shrinking of your tallywhacker and growth of man boobs may not be accidental.

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The shrinking of your tallywhacker and growth of man boobs may not be accidental.

Great, if food doesnt give me cancer or a heart attack, the utensils will make my minime fall off.

Most intelligent people will have spent their years/decades silently accumulating a collection of stolen tea spoons to accompany them on their journey through life. It would appear that the OP has failed this one single, simple objective. Very sad.

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Am I the only one who really likes my plastic spoon. It's just the "I don't give a shit cashier" that causes this crisis.

Actually there's a whole different way to approach this dilemma:

Try paying attention when you check out! 

There will be a window of opportunity, as you check out, to request said spoon, if you don't see it put in the bag. This requires paying attention. Pretty simple stuff once you get the hang of it!

An excellent time to watch the money too...

Actually, y'all sound like Thailand rookies to me!

Who uses a spoon? 

Those in the know buy pineapple chunks or papaya and use the wooden skewers to dip fruit into the yogurt and scoop it up with. 

Plus, you get a toothpick at the end.

Plus, you aren't adding to endless plastic piles as much like a mindless zombie...

13 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

I've got to tell you, when I set up our place, I bought new everything.  The cutlery tray,  was filled with a broad western "efficient feeding weapons" selection.  It has been whittled down and replaced (by ghosts) to a prison style tinfoil stamped collection.  I protect with my life, the last teaspoon, steak knife and decent fork.  

You have a cutlery tray? I'm impressed.

12 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

And I thought my mind was warped. EVENKEEL you even make me look normal.

I used to have a Japanese business partner who explained they used chopsticks as they did not like the taste of metal spoons. Have you tried eating your Yoghurt with chopsticks?

Hasn't everyone, yes I have eaten yogurt with chop stiks and with coffee stir sticks.

i actually ask for a big plastic bag for each small spoon.

I have over 1392294732894723248 tons of plastic in my room, soon to end up in the Pacific Ocean and destroy the world, galaxy, and universe.

god i love plastic.  

i'm going to open 9287492384272398423 manufacturing plants and only produce plastic

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Most intelligent people will have spent their years/decades silently accumulating a collection of stolen tea spoons to accompany them on their journey through life. It would appear that the OP has failed this one single, simple objective. Very sad.

There's still time, I'm staying at a pretty swanky hotel in S'pore thanks to my job, and in the executive lounge they have some neat small spoons. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Can I come over and smaoke wit you when I get back...seems like you have good chit bro

I retire the end of the year and will be there more than a few months at a time. I'm hoping the whole med. ganja thing works it's way down to me. 

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Am I the only one who really likes my plastic spoon. It's just the "I don't give a shit cashier" that causes this crisis. No bib required. 

I expect you are, or certainly one of the few.

And as for that ''I don't give a shit cashier'' that you refer to, I am very pleased to read that there are a number of cashiers out there who DO give shit. Who are heeding the call to take more care of our delicate environment.

7/11 cashiers, amongst others, are now being trained and instructed not to hand out plastic unless it is requested by the customer.

It would appear that there are a few customers in this world who could use some training too!

18 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I expect you are, or certainly one of the few.

And as for that ''I don't give a shit cashier'' that you refer to, I am very pleased to read that there are a number of cashiers out there who DO give shit. Who are heeding the call to take more care of our delicate environment.

7/11 cashiers, amongst others, are now being trained and instructed not to hand out plastic unless it is requested by the customer.

It would appear that there are a few customers in this world who could use some training too!

I do take responsibility for not being vigilant about spoons being given. But, sometimes with a basket full of items I loose focus. 

The cashiers who forget to give spoons are not doing so for the environment. They simply forget. I seriously doubt that my plastic spoons will destroy the earth.

4 hours ago, Happystance said:

Actually, y'all sound like Thailand rookies to me!

Who uses a spoon?

Answer: All Thai people.

It is the knive story you are mistaken for, for which we use .. spoons!

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Great, if food doesnt give me cancer or a heart attack, the utensils will make my minime fall off.

You could save yourself time and angst by gender reassignment.

6 hours ago, Happystance said:

What if it's lactose-free yogurt??

Image of me thumping my head against a wall. AAARGH. Lactose-free yoghurt is manufactured by enzymatic hydrolysis of lactose to lactic acid. Please find a corner somewhere, and take a happy stance in it.

4 hours ago, puukao said:

i actually ask for a big plastic bag for each small spoon.

I have over 1392294732894723248 tons of plastic in my room, soon to end up in the Pacific Ocean and destroy the world, galaxy, and universe.

god i love plastic.  

i'm going to open 9287492384272398423 manufacturing plants and only produce plastic

I want to know how you have come up with such precise figures for your storage and manufacturing operations. Are you sending coded messages to Putin?

19 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Gotta have a nice small spoon like they provide. hate eating yogurt with a large spoon, it's not civilized.

You are in Thailand, no problem to be a little more uncivilized and using a big spoon.

In Indonesia and Malaysia you probably would end up eating with bare hand.

I think the OP is having a laugh ????????????. Its frigging hilarious ???????????????? .. errrr I think. 

Many possible scenarios but one is he gets an idea about posting the silliest, most trivial nonsense and chuckles manicly to himself when it sparks a debate. Good Idea really. ????.  

One clue is he says he takes the product home  .. not even pretend its because he wants to eat it whilst out that no spoon is a problem. Cunning .. avoids it making sense. Adds to the silliness to say he not like to use normal spoons.

Probably to tell his mates his latest silly post got a squillion posts. His mates probably just a figment of his imagination come to think of it though. (Joke ????).

Anyway every one knows yoghurt tastes best when you dip you fingers in and lick your fingers. It also saves the planet from plastic spoons obviously.  It also saves water .. if metal spoons not have to be washed.   You just lick you fingers clean and wipe them on the curtains. 

Its has the Brucie Bonus effect of making your hands and curtains smell fruity. 

The ladies think it cute if you been licking the pot and get some on your nose but Im gonna keep that secret. Sometimes I dont know what they are laughing at.

14 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

I thMany possible scenarios but one is he gets an idea about posting the silliest, most trivial nonsense and chuckles manicly to himself when it sparks a debate. Good Idea.

14 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

Anyway every one knows yoghurt tastes best when you dip you fingers in ..

And it goes on !! ????

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You could save yourself time and angst by gender reassignment.

Maybe I will be ok as a dickless man. So many of my married or girlfriend controlled 

friends get by without a dick. That's why the bride is always smiling on the wedding cake, the old pecker is now in my purse instead of my mouth.

2 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe I will be ok as a dickless man. So many of my married or girlfriend controlled 

friends get by without a dick. That's why the bride is always smiling on the wedding cake, the old pecker is now in my purse instead of my mouth.

What's this about girlfriend controlled, Tonto? My GF doesn't control me. I don't control her. We just have at each other occasionally like randy stoats.

But then, I've always eaten my yoghurt with a stainless steel teaspoon.

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We just have at each other occasionally like randy stoats

Thanks for the visual. I overdid burgers and beer last night anyway so Ill just go vomit for a while to clear that blackness that sight engenders in my soul. Its like Dr Pimple Popper

Archived