Previously unseen footage reveals Avicii's battle with painkiller addiction

snoop1130

Previously unseen footage reveals Avicii's battle with painkiller addiction

By CHRIS DYER

12470296-6939467-image-a-12_1555664000479.jpg

Avicii's began drinking during his gruelling tour schedule which saw him perform around the world to hundreds of adoring fans

Never-before-seen footage of Swedish DJ Avicii has revealed his battle with painkiller addiction and pancreatitis while on a punishing tour schedule.

The superstar DJ, real name Tim Bergling, took his own life in Muscat, Oman, on April 20 last year at the age of 28.

Avicii, who boasted two UK number ones, was one of the biggest names in dance music, playing to sold out venues around the world.

But he retired from touring in 2016 after battling anxiety, opioid addiction, alcohol abuse and acute pancreatitis, which lead to him having his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6939467/Unseen-footage-reveals-Aviciis-battle-painkiller-addiction-suffering-pancreatitis.html

I had heard Avicii’s dance mixes but (due to my age) never heard the name until I watched an impressive documentary about him a couple years ago and then I made the connection. According to the documentary he was a clean, cut young man that was thrown into stardom at such a young, innocent age. Definitely his manager took advantage of Avicii by booking all those concerts nonstop. Sad.

Archived