Charlize Theron reveals she is raising her first child Jackson, 7, as a girl

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hormone therapy.

So what youre proposing is to make a lifelong irreversible decision of stopping a child from going through puberty while they are at the ripe old age of 11 or 12 years old? 

Stopping him from developing an adult penis and testicles and guaranteeing he'll never have children? 

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

So what youre proposing is to make a lifelong irreversible decision of stopping a child from going through puberty while they are at the ripe old age of 11 or 12 years old? 

Stopping him from developing an adult penis and testicles and guaranteeing he'll never have children? 

You're twisting what's being discussed, not deciding what will be done.

I'm not proposing anything. These are very difficult decisions for the children, parents, and doctors. I have no qualifications on such matters. Of course there is a lot of controversy.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, faraday said:

You're twisting what's being discussed, not deciding what will be done.

No, no im not. Im speaking in literal terms about whats being discussed. Is discussing this situation in literal terms about the life a child too much for you? 

Because I want it to be clear what you guys are proposing. You want to matter-of-factly stop a child from becoming an adult, developing adult reproductive organs, ensuring that they will never have children, and making on their behalf the decision to permanently maintain a physical, almost child like state for the rest of their lives. 

On 4/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, Inn Between said:

Weird stuff.

So, between the adoption agency, Ms. Theron, and any doctors involved, it took 3 years of the child's life to figure out the gender.........and only after the 3-year-old told them? W T F am I missing? 

Regarding the time frame of three years, just take a look at how old Bruce Jenner was when he took the steps to have his body fully reflect how his mind felt.   He's not alone in doing that.

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why cant people just back off and let kids be kids anymore, without any of this psycho-babble nonsense.

Perhaps there'll come a day when such a thing as  the choice of sex identity won't even be considered newsworthy.

23 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Hopefully a little reading will assist some posters to realize the incredible diversity of humanity.

Wiki

Agreed.       That day will probably come a week after there're no more wars on the planet.

23 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Hopefully a little reading will assist some posters to realize the incredible diversity of humanity.

Wiki

Possibly but not especially likely

21 hours ago, neeray said:

I think the mother is more mixed up than the child.

Good luck to this child.

Many would consider her enlightened.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not proposing anything. These are very difficult decisions for the children, parents, and doctors. I have no qualifications on such matters. Of course there is a lot of controversy.

But you are proposing it, and you stated it as such when you brought it up. Now you seem to be walking it back. 

I have no problems with what a person does to their body with they are an adult, but whats being discussed here so flippantly carries serious weight and it disturbs me. 

But you are proposing it, and you stated it as such when you brought it up. Now you seem to be walking it back. 

I have no problems with what a person does to their body with they are an adult, but whats being discussed here so flippantly carries serious weight and it disturbs me. 

You're wrong. I was not proposing. I was merely mentioning something any educated person would already know about regarding the choices people make when such children approach puberty. I was not arguing pro or con.

Frankly I don't think this is the business of any people other than the concerned parties including doctors and psychiatrists.

Just now, Jingthing said:

I was merely mentioning something any educated person would already know about regarding the choices people make when such children approach puberty. I was no arguing pro or con.

So you weren't arguing pro or con, but you brought it up and defended it and implied that people who find this mess disturbing are... uneducated? 

I think any person that would make this decision on behalf of their child is doing so based on their own impulses and desires and the childs needs are an afterthought. 

Stopping the puberty of a pre-pubescent boy, stopping him from growing adult penis and testicles, stopping him from ever having children, and ensuring that he will live the rest of his life as an almost pre-pubescent kid is a disturbing social experiment and I would bet that if there was a way to accurately poll/vote (without manipulation) on how much support this has while being discussed in literal terms, would be minuscule at best. 

42 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

No, no im not. Im speaking in literal terms about whats being discussed. Is discussing this situation in literal terms about the life a child too much for you? 

Because I want it to be clear what you guys are proposing. You want to matter-of-factly stop a child from becoming an adult, developing adult reproductive organs, ensuring that they will never have children, and making on their behalf the decision to permanently maintain a physical, almost child like state for the rest of their lives. 

Your comprehension of the posts, needs to be revisited, if you think that's what are deciding.

Thought my posts were abundantly clear.

So you weren't arguing pro or con, but you brought it up and defended it and implied that people who find this mess disturbing are... uneducated? 

I think any person that would make this decision on behalf of their child is doing so based on their own impulses and desires and the childs needs are an afterthought. 

Stopping the puberty of a pre-pubescent boy, stopping him from growing adult penis and testicles, stopping him from ever having children, and ensuring that he will live the rest of his life as an almost pre-pubescent kid is a disturbing social experiment and I would bet that if there was a way to accurately poll/vote (without manipulation) on how much support this has while being discussed in literal terms, would be minuscule at best. 
You totally distort my posts. That's disgusting. Shame on you.

6 minutes ago, faraday said:

I think Mr Thainess just wants an altercation....

I do not, but what I do want is for it to be visible to all who comes to this thread to see what's being discussed and proposed by some here, and the literal impacts those decisions have on a child. If you think this is me being combattive, or somehow "trolling" then that says a lot more about you than it does me. 

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You totally distort my posts

I did not. 

You brought up hormone therapy specifically prior to puberty on a child. Hormone therapy does all the things I listed and you know this, that's why you specifically stated it. 

I want people to know what you're talking about and referencing, and what it literally does to a child at that age. 

People have a right to know. Children aren't capable at that age to take care of themselves and are venerable. 

These kind of people should be charged with child abuse. There’s a reason kids can’t consent to sex until they reach a certain age and it should be the same when deciding something like that. Kids don’t have the maturity to make a decision like changing their sex. Unbelievable.

The child isn’t changing its sex (well not yet) Many of these kids change back later on their own volition no good reason to push strict gender roles on a child against its will. As a child who was abused myself I’d reckon she is a great parent.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, CharlieH said:

Why cant people just back off and let kids be kids anymore, without any of this psycho-babble nonsense.

Agree. How does someone raise a 3 year old to be a female gender anyway- make them play with dolls and wear a dress ( even though adult women all wear pants these days )?

I'm sure she could raise the child gender neutral and let it make it's mind up when it is mature enough to understand what gender is.

Archived