What’s the best way to go about getting the yellow tabien bahn book?

5 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Why I will work when my agent can do that effortlessly. I don't know what issue I will encounter when doing it myself. Now only I have to send my agent two pics a d she takes care everything and puts the receipt in my mailbox

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You think logging into a website and entering a few details is work??  Jeez!!!!!

There is very little effort required, if you can't read Thai all you have to do is get a Thai to show you where to enter the details the first time - after that its easy.

But, if you find that too much like hard work....well..........................................

Are you sure taking the photos of your TM card isn't too much?  Maybe you could get the agent to do that for you too??

Edited by KhaoYai

You think logging into a website and entering a few details is work??  Jeez!!!!!

There is very little effort required, if you can't read Thai all you have to do is get a Thai to show you where to enter the details the first time - after that its easy.

But, if you find that too much like hard work....well..........................................

Are you sure taking the photos of your TM card isn't too much?  Maybe you could get the agent to do that for you too??
If it were that easy doing online everybody would be doing it. Even 90-day online is a hit and miss. And how they can verify that the address you put is the right one? Anybody can put any address, if it were that easy. People would not have been fined otherwise.

20 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

If it were that easy doing online everybody would be doing it. Even 90-day online is a hit and miss. And how they can verify that the address you put is the right one? Anybody can put any address, if it were that easy. People would not have been fined otherwise.

The act of informing Immigration of your movements on line is simple.

Registering to be able to use that facility is far from simple. I know of a couple of people (Thais), who have tried to register themselves so that they can report a farang's whereabouts (tenants and husband) and failed. Even more difficult for a farang to register.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Registering to be able to use that facility is far from simple. I know of a couple of people (Thais), who have tried to register themselves so that they can report a farang's whereabouts (tenants and husband) and failed. Even more difficult for a farang to register.

I registered the other day, its pretty straight foward, can be done in English (passport) or Thai (ID card), although easier with a thai person helping, attach copy blue book etc, a week later was emailed username and password.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

I registered the other day, its pretty straight foward, can be done in English (passport) or Thai (ID card), although easier with a thai person helping, attach copy blue book etc, a week later was emailed username and password.

Which IO?

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Except in Phuket online TM30 reporting is not available for private individuals, only businesses (hotels etc).

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The system is available for both nowadays, pull down menus and you choose from hotel, owner, juristic person etc. Also you can choose Thai or foreigner.

Its online, I dont know that the local office has much to do with being registered to use the system. Once you are registered a report is a report.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ Click on register button

• Thanks 1

Interesting. Are we sure that it will work everywhere? The online 90 day report does not, as it requires that the relevant IO receive the info and issues the receipt confirmation which some do not do. If the TM30 will be same then useless to do in a province like mine where the IO does not accept/acknowledge online 90 day reports.

As it will take sime doing to register I'd like to be clear ahead of tine if it is worth doing.

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its online, I dont know that the local office has much to do with being registered to use the system.

I am certain the username and password is done by the local immigration office after the online application is done.

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Interesting. Are we sure that it will work everywhere? The online 90 day report does not, as it requires that the relevant IO receive the info and issues the receipt confirmation which some do not do. If the TM30 will be same then useless to do in a province like mine where the IO does not accept/acknowledge online 90 day reports.

As it will take sime doing to register I'd like to be clear ahead of tine if it is worth doing.

I dont know about working everywhere, I was always told you couldn't use the system (unless a hotel) in Pattaya until someone mentioned you could, in another thread. Put through the registration and got back a logon.

It takes 10 mins apply for a registration, see what comes back.

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

We tried that a few days ago and failed, too. For some reason the "immigration web site" where we registered sends us to the TM30 web site (different URL etc.) where our credentials don't work. (Nakon Phanom province).

And where do I get blue book?. Just tell me which one is easier? Send my TM6 and IO stamp to my agent for her to do or mess with blue book. Just don't pretend please.

On 4/19/2019 at 7:54 AM, lemonjelly said:

The rules are fuzzy, my local Ampur office refuses to issue them if one has no WP, even when I showed marriage certificate, non-O visa etc, they still wouldn’t budge. Bloody office monkeys making it up as they go along.

Yeah I'm ditto'ing this, they make it up as they go along.

My local Amphur refused to give me a yellow book for the same reason.

I tried a couple of times over the years, then fatigue set in and I gave up.

I don't think not having it affected my life that much

3 hours ago, onera1961 said:

And where do I get blue book?. Just tell me which one is easier? Send my TM6 and IO stamp to my agent for her to do or mess with blue book. Just don't pretend please.

You would get a blue book or copy from the owner of the property. The online system is so you can do ongoing TM30s online for a property, without the need to visit immigration office. Once registered, I imagine it would be an easier system than an agent or immigration visits. It may be harder to register for the online system as a tenant, it is for the property owner to use, or at least a long term tenant with access to blue book etc.

Edited by Peterw42

33 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You would get a blue book or copy from the owner of the property. The online system is so you can do ongoing TM30s online for a property, without the need to visit immigration office. Once registered, I imagine it would be an easier system than an agent or immigration visits. It may be harder to register for the online system as a tenant, it is for the property owner to use, or at least a long term tenant with access to blue book etc.

How that will be easier than an agent? I just take pics of my departure card and IO stamp and send it to my agent's line address. Within one week I get my TM30 receipt in mail. I don't see any IO, don't fill up any form (online or otherwise). I can report anytime (no 24 hours restrictions) I want (reasonable delay). How online system is easier than this? Please elaborate. 

Edited by onera1961

1 minute ago, onera1961 said:

How that will be easier than agent? I just take pics of my departure card and IO stamp and send it to my agent's line address. Within one week I get my TM30 receipt in mail. How online system is easier than this? Please elaborate. 

My system is easier. I always return to the same address, which is already registered with Jomtien immigration. In all the years I've been here I've never needed to report my return to immigration. Wouldn't know what a TM30 looks like.

18 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

How that will be easier than an agent? I just take pics of my departure card and IO stamp and send it to my agent's line address. Within one week I get my TM30 receipt in mail. I don't see any IO, don't fill up any form (online or otherwise). I can report anytime (no 24 hours restrictions) I want (reasonable delay). How online system is easier than this? Please elaborate. 

Sit at computer, type in a few details, press send, thats pretty easy, It would be a personal choice I suppose.  I dont imagine the agent is doing the service for free.

18 hours ago, Spidey said:

Korat Immigration helped me to set up the online registration and after that its easy. It is supposed to be for business use only but they don't want the hassle so its far easier for them if its done online.

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

My system is easier. I always return to the same address, which is already registered with Jomtien immigration. In all the years I've been here I've never needed to report my return to immigration. Wouldn't know what a TM30 looks like.

Yes, and long may that service work so well.

I actually do know what a TM30 looks like, as I had a guest at my gaff. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, and long may that service work so well.

I actually do know what a TM30 looks like, as I had a guest at my gaff. 

Have had several guests from the UK staying at mine over the years. Never reported them and haven't had any comebacks.

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

Have had several guests from the UK staying at mine over the years. Never reported them and haven't had any comebacks.

That's the case for many - I'd take a guess that the majority of hotels are still not registering guests either. However, according to recent news reports, the authorities are clamping down on this and checking registrations. Whether the demise of 'Big Joke' will change that remains to be seen.

Edited by KhaoYai

21 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I can report anytime (no 24 hours restrictions) I want (reasonable delay).

No you can't actually. That may be what you do but the law says the registration must be made within 24 hours. If the agent you use does not register you within 24 hours then both the housemaster and yourself are liable to be fined.  I seem to remember that those fines have recently been increased.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No you can't actually. That may be what you do but the law says the registration must be made within 24 hours. If the agent you use does not register you within 24 hours then both the housemaster and yourself are liable to be fined.  I seem to remember that those fines have recently been increased.

You can if the office don’t enforce the 24 hour law. 

There can be several people that are equally responsible but on one of those responsible can be fined if no one makes a report.

The fines have not been increased. They are set in the immigration act.

Can any Amphur say in a different region, that is more willing, say to be "friendly" towards somebody who is also say "friendly" ????....can such an Amphur issue a yellow book even if you live in the juristiction of a different Amphur ?

Edited by observer90210

On 4/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, Spidey said:

Yes, I don't think I will bother in the future.... having guests I mean!????????

I had visions of this one guy getting stopped by the police and I was concerned it would come back to me, and the absence of a TM30 create issues. 

Is there an official name for the yellow Tabien Bahn? For when somebody goes to their rural Amphur and they have no idea what you're talking about?

Is there an official name for the application form? Kor Ror something, for example?

Is there a photo or copy of the application form somewhere on this forum?

TIA 

13 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can if the office don’t enforce the 24 hour law. 

There can be several people that are equally responsible but on one of those responsible can be fined if no one makes a report.

The fines have not been increased. They are set in the immigration act.

I don't think that is correct.  Firstly, its a little daft to say that you can break the law if the local office doesn't enforce it - that could change at any time. The law is the law, if you break it you're at risk.

I am also sure that both parties are fined if a foreigner is not properly registered - I believe Korat Immigration charge the foreigner 800 baht - don't know the amount for the hotel/housemaster.  Whether that is the law or the immigration office 'trying it on' - I know not - it would seem a little unfair to fine a tourist who almost certainly isn't aware of the registration requirement. I'm pretty sure that I've seen that on this site together with a report that fines for failure to comply were increasing.

Edit:  My apologies - the increase in fines was just a proposal -

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Is there an official name for the yellow Tabien Bahn? For when somebody goes to their rural Amphur and they have no idea what you're talking about?

Is there an official name for the application form? Kor Ror something, for example?

Is there a photo or copy of the application form somewhere on this forum?

TIA 

I believe its a Tor Ror Sip Saam - TR13.

I think the application form is only available from an Amphur and is probably specific to that particular one.

More information here: https://xpat.life/thailand/tabien-baan

• Like 1

Hi, I am British, have owned my condo 15 years in Bangkok and have a Work Permit. I am now starting the process of getting a Yellow Book and then Pink Card. The first hurdle is that my local District Office want me to attend the British Embassy and get the Embassy to validate my British Passport. I can see no way to contact the Embassy to make an appointment for this. Has anyone else tried to do this with the British Embassy? Any advice on how to move forward would be much appreciated thanks.