new head of immigration

21 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Joke's new immigration ball was already rolling so the fire will get hotter before it cools down is what it would most likely tend to be. And an OP saying the next stage of immigration rules will be coming out on Monday April 22 is sure fire proof. Put on your seatbelts and asbestos suit.

Yes expect bad news for the 22nd

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Yes expect bad news for the 22nd

Well seems there is always one or two surprises that pop out on what one would be thinking is standard and normal from what they had intimated would come forthright before. But  I do expect some sort of a mini shocker for sure. Hopefully the shocker to come out would be less hard rather than more taxing to the pocket book as trying to get more of our money in the bank as an untouchable deposit guarantee or that like securing high premium things like insurance. If like that then it will be for the most part for many the last straw on the camels back. Who knows, could even be a new hand-grenade not mentioned. Never ever no telling with them, but for us long time stayers I always hope for the best.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rodknock said:

is there any chance the new head of immigration will ease the crazy requirements for staying in Thailand?

What crazy requirements?

Wanting to assert whether foreigners who want to live here long term have the means to do so?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Well its the marriage route for me next time ,more hastle,but at least i can spend my own money

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Very strange, as I would have thought that one would need more (lots more) money if a person had a Thai wife, seriously, Hugh Jorgan.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Regulations will not be suddenly rescinded, that would be a loss of face. 

One can only hope for relaxation in implementation. 

I actually expect the regulations to become stricter, the retired person market is looking less attractive to Thailand and their xenophobia will rule. 

I agree, they will almost certainly get stricter over time — but based on controlling numbers, not xenophobia.

• Like 1

Very strange, as I would have thought that one would need more (lots more) money if a person had a Thai wife, seriously, Hugh Jorgan.
What has the amount of money you have got to do with it ? Its the fact its yours so you should be allowed to spend it when you want to .

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pib said:

To reverse/modify the new rules so soon would be a loss of face.

The new  rules will not be implemented ,

just a bad joke . 

17 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

hahaha!  crazy talk!  of course it'll only get stricter.  new boss gots to make a name for hisself.  get ready for a whole raft of new regulations, and look forward to some catchy slogans, too.

Chinese retirees In

Western 'kee noks' Out

49 minutes ago, GordonP said:

As I recall, the new regulations were a response to the British Embassy stating that they were unable to provide "Income" letters, closely followed by other embassies. 

It's not that they were unable to provide the letters, actually just notarize them.   But they were unwilling to verify that the statements being made were truthful.

19 hours ago, Pib said:

If you last entered Thailand before Jan 13 you can not report online....you will get the response you are getting now.

Pib, can you expand on this? Is this a temporary thing? I last entered Thailand a bit before Jan 13 - in August, 2006. I would like to do 90 days online but cannot. Do you know more?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billzant said:

Pib, can you expand on this? Is this a temporary thing? I last entered Thailand a bit before Jan 13 - in August, 2006. I would like to do 90 days online but cannot. Do you know more?

Your old entry won't be on the local system used for reporting. You will need to exit and re-enter to be able to use the online system.