Bank documentation for income/cash method

4 minutes ago, bkkguy1970 said:

that seems to be at odds with what others are saying here - while the bank letter has to show the transaction is from overseas, there is no stated requirement that you show that they come direct from a pension fund, though yes the authorities always have the option of requiring more information about the source ...

You missed this part of his post.

26 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

In my case my government pension went first to city bank in Bangkok then on to Bangkok bank. The bank would not give me the required letter as the money did not come from overseas. I had to go to city bank and get anther 12 monthly statements saying the money came from my pension payments. 

It was sent to a intermediary bank so he had to get proof from Citibank that is came from abroad. That is a what they wanted not proof it came from his pension provider.

8 hours ago, OJAS said:

If I recall previous threads correctly, your immigration office is the same as mine (Rayong). I myself shall be applying for my next retirement extension there in July on the basis of 65k monthly income transferred into my Bangkok Bank account. Will this be before or after you apply for yours?

FYI I'm currently proceeding on the basis of emulating the OP of the following thread:-

I'm going in June.  I'll get a 12 month statement next week and then in June get a 6 month statement so I'll take 14 months of statements to Immigration.

22 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm going in June.  I'll get a 12 month statement next week and then in June get a 6 month statement so I'll take 14 months of statements to Immigration.

Will immigration accept statements that are older than a week or so? (The time most banks are quoting to generate a 12 month statement from Main office)...

I was thinking it would be more convenient to go to the bank at the 6 month mark and ask for a 6 month statement (which most branches can generate and provide on the spot) and the at the 12 month mark get a second 6 month statement - These two 6 month statements covering the entire year...

Btw - I have gotten the credit advices for all my transfers since January... My branch can print them off from the last 6 months... And they are free... but not very impressive and I doubt immigration would accept them on their own but they do provide another layer of backup and are sure to impress any paper happy IO ;-)...

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sfokevin said:

Will immigration accept statements that are older than a week or so? (The time most banks are quoting to generate a 12 month statement from Main office)...

I was thinking it would be more convenient to go to the bank at the 6 month mark and ask for a 6 month statement (which most branches can generate and provide on the spot) and the at the 12 month mark get a second 6 month statement - These two 6 month statements covering the entire year...

If you don't want a statement older than a week how would you justify a 6 month old one?

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

If you don't want a statement older than a week how would you justify a 6 month old one?

It’s not what I want it’s what immigration will accept... That was my question...  Do you think your plan of getting a statement dated next week will be accepted by immigration when you go in June?

4 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Upon asking at Central Festival Bangkok Bank Branch, I was told that for 6 months, they could print out. For a one year statement, it would come from Bangkok and be 200 baht.

Could you not print out yourself a statement EVERY  MONTH from your online banking showing your FTTs International Transfers, together with any documents verifying said transfers. Would take 5 minutes at most and make sure you are 'safe'.

16 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Could you not print out yourself a statement EVERY  MONTH from your online banking showing your FTTs International Transfers, together with any documents verifying said transfers. Would take 5 minutes at most and make sure you are 'safe'.

If it could be that easy!...

My guess is immigration is going to want statements with all those pretty red stamps, date stamps and signatures from the bank...

A DIY statement can be easily manipulated...

Edited by sfokevin

I wish you luck...now find the right Immigration office that will be fare....you're not out of the woods yet.  Then repeat ALL over again year after year or more often depending on the IO...

Edited by mike787

30 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Btw - I have gotten the credit advices for all my transfers since January... My branch can print them off from the last 6 months... And they are free... but not very impressive and I doubt immigration would accept them on their own but they do provide another layer of backup and are sure to impress any paper happy IO ;-)...

What is the other layer of backup sure to impress any IO?

25 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

It’s not what I want it’s what immigration will accept... That was my question...  Do you think your plan of getting a statement dated next week will be accepted by immigration when you go in June?

I don't know.  I'll have the bank write a little note telling them how much time it takes for 12 month statement. 

17 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The individual credit advice printouts for each foreign transfer on your bank statement - Most useful if your bank statement show a code as apposed to saying “Foreign Transfer”

As for it being sure to impress... Well I was being a bit cheeky but the more paper you give them the better...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flexomike said:

Just did mine two weeks ago, they told me you can use the 65,000 but have to show 12 months of transfers, so I had to use the 800,000 which was my backup method, hopefully next year i can use the 65,000

Fortunately I should be able to show 12 months of 65k+ transfers (all coded FTT) in July.

Edited by OJAS

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

Fortunately I should be able to show 12 months of 65k+ transfers by next July.

I'm going to a big bank of Bangkok and find out how long it actually takes to get a 12 month statement on Mon or Tues.  Anyone tried at a main branch - not little shopping center types.

16 hours ago, sfokevin said:

That is certainly what I'm planning to do. Unfortunately, though, the OP has now missed the bus as regards an initial 6-month statement this time round at least.

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm going to a big bank of Bangkok and find out how long it actually takes to get a 12 month statement on Mon or Tues.  Anyone tried at a main branch - not little shopping center types.

I was certainly able to obtain my initial 6-month statement from the Bangkok Bank sub-branch at the Big C shopping centre off Highway 36, and they told me that they could issue me with a further statement + standard 800k-style confirmatory letter in due course. I would imagine that they could also order a 12-month statement if I wanted one - in the same way a main branch can.

Just now, OJAS said:

I was certainly able to obtain my initial 6-month statement from the Bangkok Bank sub-branch at the Big C shopping centre off Highway 36, and they told me that they could issue me with a further statement + standard 800k-style confirmatory letter in due course. I would imagine that they could also order a 12-month statement if I wanted one - in the same way a main branch can.

What I have read on Thai Visa was 6 month no charge immediate and 12 months a few days and 200 baht.

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What I have read on Thai Visa was 6 month no charge immediate and 12 months a few days and 200 baht.

I was charged 100 THB for my initial 6-month statement, and was informed that a similar charge would be levied for a follow-up statement plus a further 100 THB for the 800k-style confirmatory letter.

Edited by OJAS

@flexomike - what would definitely be of interest to me (and possibly to @marcusarelus as well) is how old the 800k-style confirmatory letter should be. Based on your recent experience, would Maptaput be likely to accept a letter obtained the day before, or do they insist on it being obtained on the same day as a retirement extension application?

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

@flexomike - what would definitely be of interest to me (and possibly to @marcusarelus as well) is how old the 800k-style confirmatory letter should be. Based on your recent experience, would Maptaput be likely to accept a letter obtained the day before, or do they insist on it being obtained on the same day as a retirement extension application?

The day before has been fine for the past 10 years. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

To get the letter at the "big  bank" go to the second floor which deals with foreign remittances.   And if you just want a statement go to the first floor to counter 57/58.   Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. 

2 hours ago, Pib said:

To get the letter at the "big  bank" go to the second floor which deals with foreign remittances.   And if you just want a statement go to the first floor to counter 57/58.   Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. 

How long for 12 months statment?  Big bank do you mean the head office in Bangkok?

How long for 12 months statment?  Big bank do you mean the head office in Bangkok?

Yes...in the HQ Bangkok Bank building on Silom Rd.   Can't say for a 12 month statement....I just got a 6 month statement....took less than 5 minutes.  

12 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yes...in the HQ Bangkok Bank building on Silom Rd.   Can't say for a 12 month statement....I just got a 6 month statement....took less than 5 minutes.  

I heard 2 or 3 days outside of Bangkok for 12 months but don't know for sure.  Will find out in a couple of days.

21 hours ago, OJAS said:

They told me that they had to be the same day, which sucked because my bank branch is 19 kms in the opposite direction

On 4/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, marcusarelus said:

5 inches thick brown envelope that reeks of cash will fix it, and a wai for good measure.

What immigration office told you that a 12 month bank statement needed to be done the same day?

I think he meant the bank letter not the statement....

I think what you can do is order the statement that will come in a week or so and when you pick it up request a bank letter dated that day - make sure not to deposit or withdraw any funds from the account so the letters balance amount matches the last balance on the statement...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

I think he meant the bank letter not the statement....

I think what you can do is order the statement that will come in a week or so and when you pick it up request a bank letter dated that day - make sure not to deposit or withdraw any funds from the account so the letters balance amount matches the last balance on the statement...

I said Rayong does not need same day.  It would be nice to know if they have changed but if no one posts location we are in the dark.  Experience is much more accurate than asking a student in front who is there to control paperwork.

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I said Rayong does not need same day.  It would be nice to know if they have changed but if no one posts location we are in the dark.  Experience is much more accurate than asking a student in front who is there to control paperwork.

In the light of this comment I'm assuming that things have now changed at Rayong: ????

7 hours ago, flexomike said:

They told me that they had to be the same day, which sucked because my bank branch is 19 kms in the opposite direction