Bank documentation for income/cash method

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In the light of this comment I'm assuming that things have now changed at Rayong: ????

I guess he did go to Rayong.  I just looked it up. I wonder if he means income method as well?  I'll try the day before as that's how I've always done it.  And see how it goes.  Perhaps the bank will know. 

Edited by marcusarelus

1 minute ago, malibukid said:

i am planning on showing my Social Security yearly benefit statement and cash in Bangkok Bank to bring the total to the required 800K

To prove your income to combine with money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht you need to show month transfers into the country from abroad. Proof of your social security would not be accepted.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:55 PM, marcusarelus said:

I'm going to a big bank of Bangkok and find out how long it actually takes to get a 12 month statement on Mon or Tues.  Anyone tried at a main branch - not little shopping center types.

my account is at Bangkok Bank Head Office in Silom and I went there this afternoon (Monday) - 2nd floor, option 2 on the ticket queue machine - no wait, head of queue for this option at this time

was told a letter and 12 months of transaction records will take 2 days, with a charge of 100 Baht for letter and 100 Baht for search service for each transaction more than 6 months old (no charge per transaction if less than 6 months old), also said they will call when the documents are ready Tuesday or Wednesday morning  as I said I wanted as early as possible Wednesday morning if possible to get up to Immigration that day

the staff member advised the best option was to come in every few months and get the transactions records which can be printed on the spot no charge, then the day before renewal come in and get the letter on the spot for just 100 Baht

I was told by another falung that the BBL branch downstairs at Chaengwattana did 12 months of records and the letter for 100 Baht on the spot but I have not confirmed this personally

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Where and when are you planning on going?

july 4, but i will wire the money over to Bangkok Bank this weeks as soon as i get verified by Transferwise.  i heard this is the way to do the combo method.  as long as the 2 sources total to 800K

10 minutes ago, malibukid said:

july 4, but i will wire the money over to Bangkok Bank this weeks as soon as i get verified by Transferwise.  i heard this is the way to do the combo method.  as long as the 2 sources total to 800K

What Immigration office?

On 4/20/2019 at 7:48 PM, ubonjoe said:

You missed this part of his post.

It was sent to a intermediary bank so he had to get proof from Citibank that is came from abroad. That is a what they wanted not proof it came from his pension provider.

I didn't  miss that part of his post, in his post he stated "It must come direct from pension supplier to your bank not from your rich mom.. " which is what I was querying because it is not consistent from what you and others have posted on this thread

5 hours ago, bkkguy1970 said:

I didn't  miss that part of his post, in his post he stated "It must come direct from pension supplier to your bank not from your rich mom.. " which is what I was querying because it is not consistent from what you and others have posted on this thread

Based on the retirement extension renewal reports that I have read this year, it appears that some (not all) Immigration Offices will eventually only accept the monthly 65k method from those with pensions.  While I expected Chiang Mai to be one of these Offices, since they like to make up their own rules, this is the first I have heard that CM requires the pension supplier to directly deposit the money into a Thai bank. 

A written statement from Phetchabun Immigration seems to indicate that in 2020, that Office will only accept the monthly 65k method from those who have both a pension and an Embassy income verification letter (see link).  

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1083530-the-latest-info-on-retirement-visas-from-immigrations/

11 hours ago, bkkguy1970 said:

I have never written that it had to be directly transferred from your pension supplier and no immigration office has said it needed since it not written in the rules.

Only if an office wants it there is no requirement to prove the source of your income. 

12 hours ago, bkkguy1970 said:

was told a letter and 12 months of transaction records will take 2 days, with a charge of 100 Baht for letter and 100 Baht for search service for each transaction more than 6 months old (no charge per transaction if less than 6 months old), also said they will call when the documents are ready Tuesday or Wednesday morning  as I said I wanted as early as possible Wednesday morning if possible to get up to Immigration that day

It would be great if you could post these documents, redacted of course. Failing that, maybe describe them a bit in detail, if possible.

I am curious what the "transaction records" are exactly? Entire statements showing all activity? Individual Credit Advice/Receipts? Or a letter listing just the qualifying foreign transfers (at least two members have posted this type of document from Bangkok Bank, both were in Thai only, and some say, are reminiscent of the "Condo Fund" letters).

I was told by another falung that the BBL branch downstairs at Chaengwattana did 12 months of records and the letter for 100 Baht on the spot but I have not confirmed this personally

While I think BBL/CW could issue up to six months of detail regarding qualifying foreign transfers, it runs counter to all that's been posited here that they could provide details greater than six months old. Of course, it's entirely possible that they've upgraded their services to provide this, in advance of the new changes? That would be awesome.

the staff member advised the best option was to come in every few months and get the transactions records which can be printed on the spot no charge, then the day before renewal come in and get the letter on the spot for just 100 Baht

This is interesting, assuming it's accurate and acceptable to Imm. Again, would be nice to know what these "transaction records" are exactly. Many of us have been getting individual Credit Advice/Receipts for each monthly qualifying transfer, but these CARs are not in any way "official" (no stamp, signature, although it does say at the bottom that this report is computer generated, no authorized signature is required).

Regarding qualifying foreign transfers, many go through intermediary banks (sending bank), although the CAR does list the original source, in the Details of Payment section, albeit somewhat cryptically. I believe we need to show "income", the source of which is not required to be a "pension", but who knows what their current "intent" is? That said, some pensions pay out once annually, others monthly, so lining up multiple pensions into one or more monthly qualifying transfers may be a challenge. 

Edited by mtls2005

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, singburisam said:

(2) It is easy for me to transfer the extra 15,000+ baht monthly BUT I have to pay a $25 fee to my U.S. bank each time.  I'd rather avoid those $300 in total annual fees.  Any ideas about a method or bank that would charge much less than $25 per transaction?

I may as well answer this myself in case someone has a similar question.  My U.S. bank will give me one free Domestic Wire Transfer each month but charges $25 for each International wire.  The trick is to route the wire transfer to Bangkok Bank's New York branch (and click "Domestic" on my U.S. Bank's on-line wire-transfer webpage.)  I assume the funds still arrive with the magic "FTT" code — I'll verify this tomorrow.

It took me some phone calls to figure this out, but all I needed was to Google "aba routing number Bangkok Bank."

A previous post on this Forum mentioned the name of the specific letter that Bangkok Bank will issue to account holders showing international (foreign) transfers for the past 12 months in order to provide this to Immigration showing monthly transfers meeting the THB 65,000/month minimum. Can someone please remind me what that letter is called? Thanks in advance. 

A previous post on this Forum mentioned the name of the specific letter that Bangkok Bank will issue to account holders showing international (foreign) transfers for the past 12 months in order to provide this to Immigration showing monthly transfers meeting the THB 65,000/month minimum. Can someone please remind me what that letter is called? Thanks in advance. 

International Inwards Funds

Transfer Letter / Foreign Inward Remittance

Quite a few bank letters documenting qualifying foreign transfers, used successfully this year, have been posted here.

This variant includes the foreign currency (& FX rate) amount...which may come in handy when requested to align with other details?

Although the attached Credit Advice/Receipts will certainly have this detail, and more.

BBL_FTT.jpg

Get bank statements from your local bank showing your monthly income - need to be stamped and signed by the bank for submission to Immigration

MAKE SURE your statements show minimum 65k baht EVERY MONTH. Getting quarterly dividends doesn't gel with some Immigration officials who think that monthly means EVERY MONTH and nothing else!