Override existing Multiple Non-O-Visa

They might issue a new visa after canceling the old one.

Why do you want to apply 4 months before your visa expires. You will lose almost 7 months of total stay (4 months plus 90 days) from your visa by doing that.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why do you want to apply 4 months before your visa expires. You will lose almost 7 months of total stay (4 months plus 90 days) from your visa by doing that.

Plus another 60 day extension if married.. Equals 9 months still possible on the current visa !!!! 

I fully understand what you both are saying, the big but is however that I have to be in Thailand to activate all this.

Since Savannakhet is my best bet for my intention, would they cancel the visa if ever? Alternatively and in the worst case

I could be leaving Savannakhet and entering Thailand empty-handed visa exempt, but with enough cash and a booked flight to Europe.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

can be that the OP needs to leave the country for a period and he won't be able to be back in Thailand before the actual visa expiring... Just my thought...

5 minutes ago, gzu88bv said:

Since Savannakhet is my best bet for my intention, would they cancel the visa if ever? Alternatively and in the worst case

I could be leaving Savannakhet and entering Thailand empty-handed visa exempt, but with enough cash and a booked flight to Europe.

That would not happen. They would not cancel your existing non-o visa unless they issued a new one.

If you are concerned about your visa expiring a work around would be to do a border hop for a new 90 day entry just before leaving and then get a re-entry permit to use when you enter the country.

No more guesswork. On 4th March I applied for my first spouse extension and was told to come back on May 2. By the way just too much hassle such as paperwork and 3 guaranteeing poeple. As of yesterday my local immi says that Divison 4 has not yet approved. On May 7 I am off to Europe and back by early November again.

My goal is and has always been to leave with a long term visa or extension ever since I am in Thailand. For a Retirement Extension it is too late as my embassy income letter would not arrive in time now. This  is the reason why I am looking for a new Multiple Non-O-Visa and Savannakhet has always worked nicely for me.

I've obtained a non-O ME 50 days early in the UK without any issues, so as to maintain the ME capability over the school holidays. (I had checked with them months before, to make sure it was ok)

Edited by johnwf1963

16 minutes ago, gzu88bv said:

No more guesswork. On 4th March I applied for my first spouse extension and was told to come back on May 2. By the way just too much hassle such as paperwork and 3 guaranteeing poeple. As of yesterday my local immi says that Divison 4 has not yet approved. On May 7 I am off to Europe and back by early November again.

When it gets closer to May 2nd go back to immigration and check on it. They can check with division 4 to have it expedited.

I have wanted this many times as well. I have never been clear on the answer or options. For example, I am going home to California where it is very easy to get a non o. In Thailand it is not easy. I have maybe a few months left on my current non o. So what would happen if I applied for a new non o in LA if I had an active non o?

Edited by utalkin2me

Several years ago I had to return to the UK for a medical every year as part of an ill-health pension so used to get a multi non O visa each time I went back then returned to stay in Thailand each year using those. On two occasions my medical appointment was earlier in the year so there was still a couple of months remaining on the existing non O. The Thai Consulate in Birmingham would simply write cancelled on the existing visa and issue a new one from that date. 

I did ask if my unused months could be added to the new non O but the laugh itself that I got said no.???? I actually knew the guy at the consulate as well.????

Edited by sumrit

12 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

I have wanted this many times as well. I have never been clear on the answer or options. For example, I am going home to California where it is very easy to get a non o. In Thailand it is not easy. I have maybe a few months left on my current non o. So what would happen if I applied for a new non o in LA if I had an active non o?

You would have ask the consulate about that. 

You cannot get a non-o visa here in the country. You can easily get one at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You would have ask the consulate about that. 

You cannot get a non-o visa here in the country. You can easily get one at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

Thanks. Sure, I just meant when I am here it is not easy to leave the country. But when i happen to be heading home it is very easy to get one there.