Sad-eyed Boonrod gets his own Facebook page after Gulf rescue

rooster59

Sad-eyed Boonrod gets his own Facebook page after Gulf rescue

By The Nation

e9b12f6abcdb2d0d4b3ea7d11adc907c.png

Boonrod, the dog rescued this week from the middle of the Gulf of Thailand, can now show off his own Facebook page with more than 6,000 followers.

Launched on Friday, Boonrod บุญรอดหมาอ่าวไทย (Boonrod Gulf of Thailand dog), has Facebook user Vitisak Payalaw serving as an administrator.

The rescue of the tan-coloured dog, named Boonrod (“Survivor” in Thai) by his rescuers, hit both domestic and international headlines after he was fished from the gulf last Friday by Chevron rig workers 220 kilometres from the shore.

They spotted his head bobbing between the waves. How he got there and how long he had been lost at sea has remained mysterious.

Boonrod was brought to Songkhla province to be under a vet’s care and is said to be recovering. His sad eyes, clearly visible exhaustion and quiet appearance pulled at the hearts of many who followed the rescue.

Boonrod will enjoy a new life, as the Chevron worker who rescued him has decided to adopt him.

His Facebook page is now full of drawings and paintings of him made by his followers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367991

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-20

29 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Just goes to show how sad Facebook is and all those who follow or use it !

Yes... the people who use the 2.3 Billion accounts are wrong and you are of course right !... 

Or... as with any other tool, when used sensibly with moderation Facebook is a handy platform for keeping in touch with friends, family, organizing events (i.e. Weekly football matches) and selling excess stuff... all very sad, right?

55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes... the people who use the 2.3 Billion accounts are wrong and you are of course right !... 

Or... as with any other tool, when used sensibly with moderation Facebook is a handy platform for keeping in touch with friends, family, organizing events (i.e. Weekly football matches) and selling excess stuff... all very sad, right?

Quite correct, very sad individuals 

I'm left to wonder if Boonrod will ever give up his secret and divulge how long he was in the water and how he got there.

Maybe I will have to join Facebook and become a "follower".

52 minutes ago, JoePai said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite correct, very sad individuals 

Not quite... A sad individual is one who sticks to a poorly conceived opinion because he lacks the intelligence to be open minded.

There are plenty of media sharing platforms out there: Facebook works well, along with WhatsApp, Line Messenger, Skype, FaceTime, LinkedIn (for work)...  

.....Of course - we're all Sad conformists using these tools to our advantage right? 

I'm sure your answer will just highlight a certain degree of 'tinfoilhatted-geriatricness'....

After their 2-week visit, my kids didn't nickname Thailand 'the Kingdom of Dog' for no good reason. The privileges that appear to apply to dogs, e.g. no limits to late-night noise, aggressive behaviour and shitting whenever and wherever the mood takes them, gave them a gloomy picture regarding the respect that human beings should be accorded, but which all too often isn't.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair argument, r_s237, that applies to the majority of FB users, I'm sure. Good that you include the key word 'when' though, since sadly there is, as is clear on a daily basis, a growing minority of senseless folk who, if asked about moderation could do no better than point out that it was Florence & The Machine's latest hit.

Little strong feeling on the service, personally, apart from regretting its invention and the time-affluent public who've pleased Zuckerberg no end by making it the world's biggest ever time-waster. Like I say, little strong feeling.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I'm left to wonder if Boonrod will ever give up his secret and divulge how long he was in the water and how he got there.

Surely there must be someone who shouted 'dog-on!' as the careless pooch forgot he was on his master's yacht as he did his triple-sulko from its diving board.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What's that? Something about a tool?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite... A sad individual is one who sticks to a poorly conceived opinion because he lacks the intelligence to be open minded.

There are plenty of media sharing platforms out there: Facebook works well, along with WhatsApp, Line Messenger, Skype, FaceTime, LinkedIn (for work)...  

.....Of course - we're all Sad conformists using these tools to our advantage right? 

I'm sure your answer will just highlight a certain degree of 'tinfoilhatted-geriatricness'....

Tool. There it is again.

Amazing.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's also an excellent tool to model your behaviour and start pushing ads to your face, as well as selling your data to others.

Once upon a time "people" used to get angry because television was "destroying conversation".

Now the devil seems to be Facebook for todays generation of yesterdays people.

Fortunately they have the mouthpiece of geriatric friendly, social media TVF.......with which to spend an inordinate amount of time bestowing their fading, farewell curses upon a world that has left them behind.

That's true, ironic, "sadness".

55 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's also an excellent tool to model your behaviour and start pushing ads to your face, as well as selling your data to others.

Agreed... hence, 'when used sensibly with moderation'' I don't see the point in all the checking in everywhere etc but its great to see what friends are up to etc... 

Unfortunately Ads are everywhere now, it's impossible to avoid them. I don't use ThaiVisa.com app on my mobile because I'm sick of the adverts taking over the screen... Even on this page (laptop) the Ads take over 20% of the right hand-side of the page... Unfortunately ads are being pushed to our face everywhere we turn.. 

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

Once upon a time "people" used to get angry because television was "destroying conversation"

Actually what's destroying conversation is most people are bloody boring. Escaping to the fake world of internetz is much more entertaining.

This topic has gone sideways, so I will keep my comments brief.

Ads: My eyes tune them out.

Facebook: I signed in once about 4 years ago. Now, daily, Fakebook message me with a friend suggestion. Haha, turns out A) that person is now my "enemy" B) FB harvested my email accounts and stole the name from me in the first place C) they suggest names I can not even pronounce, nor do I speak the same language.

LinkedIn: Messages come that xxxx wants me to join his/her network. Problem is, I have never even heard of him/her. Why would I help boost their fake network? Just another cyber sham!

Boonrod: Now there's a good life. I am happy for Boonrod and support him (but I won't join his Fakebook account).

On 4/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, JoePai said:

Just goes to show how sad Facebook is and all those who follow or use it !

Miserable sneering comment.

A dog's life saved in very unusual circumstances, many people are happy about it and that is the best you can do?

We all know Facebook is a joke, the problem is that it's become so integral to modern life that it's difficult to live without it. Like, people think you're weird if you don't have a Facebook page, and rely on realtime connections; what are you hiding? 

21 minutes ago, nausea said:

We all know Facebook is a joke, the problem is that it's become so integral to modern life that it's difficult to live without it. 

Really? I don't need it for anything. Wikipedia for research starting points, twitter for breaking news, TVF for purging the colon, all set. Oh yeah and dissenter for amusement.

Archived