Real Mashed Potato

DreamRider

2 minutes ago, Patriot said:

What’s American about “rich gravy”?!!!!

American gravy is rich gravy...thick and flavourful as opposed to the turnip coating yeast juice they call gravy in the UK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Totally correct with the following provisos: Idahos. Plus Au Jus. Plus Mushrooms hopefully in shitaake madiera butter reduction

Cut a piece of Rib Eye, pice of shroom, dip in juice, dip in potato, stuff in slobbering gawpingdribboobling mouth, repeat, slurp beer, repeat.........

Australian eye fillet from Gippsland with mashed potato and a good shiraz from Rutherglen. We are more couth than those guys that dote on feedlot beef and mass-produced potato with the same consistency and taste as clag.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Australian eye fillet from Gippsland with mashed potato and a good shiraz from Rutherglen. We are more couth than those guys that dote on feedlot beef and mass-produced potato with the same consistency and taste as clag.

Cardboard with sour grape juice. Bite it, your beef is bully.

4 hours ago, Martyjustice said:

Ok Dreamrider if I have to spell it out. Faggots in American slang , is well . . . The ladyboys in Pattaya. Nothing to do with food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know, hence the multiple exclamation marks 

On 4/23/2019 at 8:50 PM, puchooay said:

Brits will sometimes shorten to "Mash". Not "Mashed". Otherwise they would use "mashed potato", without the "ES" and thus using it as an uncountable noun.

american-english-there-is-no-such-thing-as-american-english-14734197.png

The recipe for mash comes from Hannah Glasse's 1747, 'The Art of Cookery, Made Plain and Easy', and she called it "Mashed Potatoes".

526357062_Screenshot_2019-04-29TheArtofCookeryMadePlainandEasy.png.9c0df07cb71a2a8b9459c6676dfe7a1b.png

19 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The recipe for mash comes from Hannah Glasse's 1747, 'The Art of Cookery, Made Plain and Easy', and she called it "Mashed Potatoes".

526357062_Screenshot_2019-04-29TheArtofCookeryMadePlainandEasy.png.9c0df07cb71a2a8b9459c6676dfe7a1b.png

Looks like Hannah had a lifp.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Looks like Hannah had a lifp.

That was how s used to be written, it went from the Greek sigma, Σ, to ᛋ in the 5th century, to both ſ and s in the 6th century, known as the long and short S's, the long s was used within words while the short s was only used at the end, these two s's were used up until the mid 1700's when the long s was abandonded and short s used for both.

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

That was how s used to be written, it went from the Greek sigma, Σ, to ᛋ in the 5th century, to both ſ and s in the 6th century, known as the long and short S's, the long s was used within words while the short s was only used at the end, these two s's were used up until the mid 1700's when the long s was abandonded and short s used for both.

Yes, I know. That was a joke, Joyce.

13 hours ago, Martyjustice said:

Ok Dreamrider if I have to spell it out. Faggots in American slang , is well . . . The ladyboys in Pattaya. Nothing to do with food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ya get looks when you combine American insouiciance with Pommy slang. 

Where ya going dude

Outside to suck down a fag

Ewwwww, I bet you swallow too ewwwwwwwww

57 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No. It's quite obvious you are not Australian.

How can you tell? You cant smell sheep shit, beer and cheap cologne through a  puter? 

7 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You claim without a scrap of evidence, the earliest known reference being what I posted from 1747.

That should have been written:

How dare you you claim, without a scrap of evidence,  that the earliest known reference to what I posted was from 1747. How dare you! Why, if you weren't in Mommy basement with a can of Mountain Dew, I would horsewhip you! You cur!

Thats how you get expats going over mashed spuds, dude, trust me, Watch the fireworks. Someone needs to point out that British Potatoes (which are imported from Ireland as the Brits never learned to grow them) are barely better than the inferior Aussie ones, which every plant botanist knows are genetic throwbacks to the primitive spuds fit only to feed th LLamas owned by Peruvian hookers, and they had to feed a lot to their Llamas otherwise they couldnt do Outcalls.

11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

That should have been written:

How dare you you claim, without a scrap of evidence,  that the earliest known reference to what I posted was from 1747. How dare you! Why, if you weren't in Mommy basement with a can of Mountain Dew, I would horsewhip you! You cur!

Thats how you get expats going over mashed spuds, dude, trust me, Watch the fireworks. Someone needs to point out that British Potatoes (which are imported from Ireland as the Brits never learned to grow them) are barely better than the inferior Aussie ones, which every plant botanist knows are genetic throwbacks to the primitive spuds fit only to feed th LLamas owned by Peruvian hookers, and they had to feed a lot to their Llamas otherwise they couldnt do Outcalls.

I do like your imaginative rants. The mention of outcalls reminds me I should feed up on neeps and tatties before seeking out some totty.

once a week my wife "goes farang" and serves up a pork steak with mash and salad c/w a blue cheese dressing and garlic butter mushrooms. Weve now got our boy on peeling and mash duty and he does a good job. i just love her to pieces on these nights!

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

I'm not normally one for telling but I might have had a taste of your Gran's neeps once.

I'm not normally one for telling either, but did you have your shots afterward? Gram was a pox ridden strumpet she was.....

Archived