Real Mashed Potato

DreamRider

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I'm not normally one for telling either, but did you have your shots afterward? Gram was a pox ridden strumpet she was.....

You must be the only person I know that can convert an innocent discussion of mashed whatever into a hyperbolic exposition of the presence of STD's in your family. You would give any psychiatrist nightmares.

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You must be the only person I know that can convert an innocent discussion of mashed whatever into a hyperbolic exposition of the presence of STD's in your family. You would give any psychiatrist nightmares.

Why are you picking on me, the neeps dude was the one who brought up how he nailed my Gram. Not my fault if he got a dose then.

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Why are you picking on me, the neeps dude was the one who brought up how he nailed my Gram. Not my fault if he got a dose then.

Picking on you? Never. I am too frightened by the prospect of massive inundation by a tsunami of florid verbiage and technicolor images, which the Game of Thrones scriptwriters and camera operators are despairingly attempting to emulate.

For a moment there I thought that the Number 1 Expat Bar in Thailand, Me Bar, was back in business in Ubon with the no 1 Mash Potato in Thailand being served by the number 1 bar owner Katareya2006......

Thank goodness it is just an old mate Mike who has a new place that I look forward to visiting soon.

4 hours ago, Roadman said:

Mashed potatoe...how very ol’ fashion quaint. We in the modern world have moved onto kumara mash. 

“Mashed Potatoe” hmm, you’re not by any chance Dan Quayle are you??!!!

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, DreamRider said:

Passing back through to Buntarik I again stopped at the Seven Seas and was pleasantly surprised that they are now serving Faggots. 

Wrapped in bacon just like me Mum used to make, served with peas, Mashed Potato and rich gravy; superb

Have to serve everybody these days.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:30 PM, Inn Between said:

I'm not a Brit, and I've always called them mashed potatoes. I have friends that I visit in the USA, and they call them mashed potatoes. What do you think non-Brits call them? Funny thing is that I thought Brits usually called them "mashed" and omitted the "potatoes" part.  

On 4/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, BritManToo said:

Brit here, pedantically, it would depend how many potatoes I used.

If I cut up and made mash with one big potato, that would be mashed potato.

If I only had small potatoes and used three for my mash, that would be mashed potatoes.

Although as a Brit, I would probably just call them 'mash'.

Bangers and mash

For mash get Smash 

etc.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:12 PM, Patriot said:

British term is Mashed Potato, US and Canadians it’s Mashed Potatoes (as a rule) A further British colloquialism is “mash”. 

Here endeth the lesson!!!!

Doesn't matter how many potatoes you put into the pan, when they are mashed they become one, so it would be mashed potato. This argument is then blown to bits by speaking about mushy peas, or is it, the peas can still be considered in the singular (so 2 single peas would be plural right?) where the mashed potato just becomes one.

Archived