Media freedom under threat

rooster59

5 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Under threat!!  DONT MAKE ME  LAUGH, there is  no media  freedom in Thailand, many things can't  even be discussed, how pre-historic  is  that!

You are 1,000 times right, Gunderhill. 

This place sometimes makes the European Middle Ages look positively progressive!

The hand looks like its squeezing one of those tubes of paint used by proper artists .. but the paint's coming out of the wrong end .! The right end's probably blocked with dry paint .. 

Can't read much of the bottom pic' as my mince pies ain't wot they used to be .. 

10 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

''Freedom of the Press'' has never been allowed in Thailand and never will be, as 'The Elite' are so worried about their 'Face' that they have their heads firmly wedged in their Rectums !

Think it's more about how they become "The Elite".

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

under threat

What . . . like pretty well every other aspect of reasonable behaviour? This country's rapidly sliding down the clodgey and I can't see the next government slowing the slide . . . probably just the opposite.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

"The whole picture" it is not.

For me it's just too small too read easily, even after zooming in.

Quite so, B - nothing other than cheap-skate, short-cut taking (like Thai drivers negotiating junctions) reporting. There should be a law aggin it.

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Media freedom under threat

I disagree. Thai media freedom is not really under threat. 

While it is dangerous, and sometimes deadly, to report the truth in Thailand, most Thais in media

1. lack the courage to do so anyway, and

2. have a loose relationship with truth as Thai culture predisposes people to lying whenever convenient. 

11 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

What exactly qualifies as " Thai Elite Status "

If someone can hold their head such that his nostrils are parallel to the ground while simultaneously dawdling in public, he/she might be a Thai Elite. 

If a Thai's public Facebook profile and cover photos consist of all tacky poser photos from landmarks in Europe, USA or AU, he might be a Thai Elite. 

Archived