Renewal of Retirement Extension

My usual breeze through immigration for Visa renewal was not smooth this time. Having been unable to  obtain an income letter from my embassy (yes, one of the few who is abandoning its citizenry here) I had to be sure I was getting proper amount transferred in each month. 

Not to make this any longer than needed, I was close on one of my transfers. When I processed through immigration on Thursday I was told not enough for March. I argued my case to the supervisor who advised I go to BKK Bank, Silom to get transfers verified. Once I got that letter I was to return. If the letters showed I had 2 months funds brought in I would be OK.

The bank cannot/would not do same day letter so next morning I went back and got the letter. All was good. Then I noticed the "error"...The officer at immigration was not counting my full transfer. She was noting my transfer AFTER the bank took its cut which put me under for that month.

I returned to immigration Friday morning armed with the letter and my newly discovered information. Fortunately, the letter was fine and I did not need to "show them the error of their ways." When processing the visa renewal I was asked to fill out 3 additional forms having to deal with where I live, how long I have lived there and also one advising of the rules. I was also required to draw a map to where I live.

In the final analysis Thursday was jumping through all the hoops and Friday was proving I had indeed done so.