Navy to seize seastead as evidence in criminal case

rooster59

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Apparently he is not the owner nor did he invested any money/bitcoin.

Seems too difficult for journalist to read their website: 

https://ocean.builders/official-ocean-builders-stance-on-the-legality-of-the-worlds-first-seastead/

https://ocean.builders/independent-proof-that-the-first-seastead-was-outside-of-thai-national-waters/

https://ocean.builders/official-statement-about-the-sinking-of-the-first-seastead/

Or the faq: https://ocean.builders/faq/ 

Keep writing the same disinformation it is much more easier than taking 5min and do the research. 

Ps: I read the whole website in less than 20min.

The website is an ocean of double-speak. Just about as informative as the media article.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i imagine those could be very attractive to chinese......millions and millions of chinese who could seaB&B their lightsteads to zero sum tours, not to mention the chinese government might find the concept interesting.

Chinese government is already building artificial Island all over the south China sea. 

3 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Chinese government is already building artificial Island all over the south China sea. 

exactly!  why go to the trouble of building islands!  they can mass produce these things by the tens of thousands, tow them to 12.1 km from the coast.  not to worry, though, xi will promise not to arm them.......

Technically legal to anchor 12+ nautical miles from any countries shore. But you would still be under the authority of the country your vessel is registered in.  

Pirates would have a hayday with the 2 people and their "seastead" if they remained there for any length of time.  Pretty hard to protect yourself out there. 

Too bad for the Ocean Builders company as they had 70 other people interested in buying these "seasteads".  Now they have closed down their manufacturing

4 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Death or imprisonment for life or which ever comes first? 

Those sentences meaning the same - Death comes soner or later in prison for both of the sentences - the last a bit delayed meaning same same, but different … 

Just now, phil2407 said:

As it's in International waters etc is the Thai Navy to be charged with piracy of the high seas along with theft? And being idiots - sorry couldn't resist that 

No..no..

They are singing..

"Come cheer up my lads 'tis to glory we steer,

To add something new to this wonderful year...

Hearts of oak are our ships

Jolly tars are our men.."

Try putting that to moorlam.

The kingdom of the absurd-I even hear that they have the 3rd Parachute Brigade "The Dead Black Panther's Own" standing by.

3 hours ago, Stoker58 said:

If I’m not mistaken, those involved are in prison, which makes asking them questions a tad difficult.

Based on what I read yesterday I believe you're mistaken, they left Thailand already.

Surely if it is a floating structure then surely it is a "BOAT"? Boat owners beware, do not moor up as you might threaten these idiots national security and get the death penalty. The idiot that charged them has already had the death penalty, his brain was dead many many years ago, absolute morons!

I imagine you would need a few more guesses. This structure has no method of propulsion or navigation.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

US national Chad Elwartowski and his Thai girlfriend, Suprenee Thepdet (aka Nadia Summergirl), are facing charges of threatening the Kingdom’s sovereignty.

Do they really think that anybody with a shred of rational thinking would believe that two misguided young souls pushing the limits of lifestyle in their dangerous little ocean pod are even the remotest threat to Thailand's sovereignty? Is there really nobody who can advise Thai gov't spokespeople about how making these ridiculous types of statements destroys their overall credibility? 

3 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

Do they really think that anybody with a shred of rational thinking would believe that two misguided young souls pushing the limits of lifestyle in their dangerous little ocean pod are even the remotest threat to Thailand's sovereignty? Is there really nobody who can advise Thai gov't spokespeople about how making these ridiculous types of statements destroys their overall credibility? 

Yes..well..they are in their indignant little Hubble-bubble as usual.

Actually no-one is interested in their grossly polluted sovereignty-nobody can be bothered as they can always buy cheap rice from elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Stoker58 said:

Why would anyone want to live in a tiny raft far out to sea? Unless this was some kind of elaborate tax dodge or legal scam.

Too much money sometimes creates ideas like this ?

8 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

What credibility; everyone on the Planet knows they are a bunch of Numpty's !

4 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

What credibility; everyone on the Planet knows they are a bunch of Numpty's !

A man of few words...but all are true.

The Kingdom of Numpty's...

Still,I guess as long as they are all promoting themselves to the position of General-Major-Lieutenant-Corporal-Captain-Admiral and Air Commodore of Numpty's no-one really minds.

Has anyone yet asked the Navy how, exactly, this tiny construction is a threat to national security? If the country is so fragile as to be threatened by a tiny building many miles out to sea then I think the population needs to be very worried and serious questions - to which, of course, there are no answers - need to be asked.

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

I imagine you would need a few more guesses. This structure has no method of propulsion or navigation.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Doubt propulsion and navigation is required just for moring - if so, then it easily can be solved by throwing in a GPS and a propeller … :thumbsup:

It's not part of the coast of Thailand. It's on their economic zone where they have a lot less power. If they don't like international law then can lobby to change it. 

I didn’t say it was on the coast, I said it was off the coast, yes?

So it is your position that most anyone should be allowed to construct a habitat twelve miles off the coast of any country they like, correct?

It’s likely not the two souls they are concerned with, nor would it be the next ten souls. But once it gets rolling and thousands of floating bungalows are everywhere with all manner of idiocy to service them developed around them it will be a concern, as will the crime that they facilitate and fall victim too.

I wonder what they do with their waste?

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Has anyone yet asked the Navy how, exactly, this tiny construction is a threat to national security? If the country is so fragile as to be threatened by a tiny building many miles out to sea then I think the population needs to be very worried and serious questions - to which, of course, there are no answers - need to be asked.

Its rather a quite possible future threat of thailands touristspots - 1 seastead, 100 seateads, 10.000 seateads 10.000.000 seasteads - hotel, shopping, hospital, school and walkingstreet seasteds = A tax free and lawless sea community which may be seen as a national threat as Thailand is depended of the tourism ... 

BUT - hey, this require visions to see coming so based on that fact it may be another reason … ????

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Bring the whole family and call it "in-stead".

It has already got a New name - threatstead ...

Archived